Wilfred Zaha

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 11/12/2019 at 19:19, JMaher94 said:

Zaha can play LW/RW and CF which is important as it won't stunt Tammy's growth.

I'm in favour for this transfer as long as it's not above 65m.

Can he though? Really? He was dreadful at doing it for Palace last season (Someone bring up the stats because they'll back me up).

Should say that I'm not wholly against Zaha being brought in to play out wide though, for a sensible price of course.

I think the club and Lamps want to do this deal and it’s been rumoured that Palace will let him leave for the right price. 

Doesn’t exactly strike me with excitement as he doesn’t score many goals. I hope I’m wrong though 

12 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I think the club and Lamps want to do this deal and it’s been rumoured that Palace will let him leave for the right price. 

Doesn’t exactly strike me with excitement as he doesn’t score many goals. I hope I’m wrong though 

He scored 10 last year and 9 the year before. That would be a decent enough tally given the goals we have elsewhere.

1 hour ago, 2211 said:

Personally I think he would be an improvemnet on Willian, Pedro and even CHO with him just coming back to fitness.

I think he would improve us and we could still go for Sancho in the sunmer.

Have to agree that Zaha has been more consistent for Palace than any of our wide attackers - he is more often than not Palace MOTM.

Don't really love the idea of spending so much on a player like Zaha, but we do need a player who will hit the ground running and he has the ability to do that and perhaps make the difference in tight games which is what we are missing so much since Hazard departed. 

28 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Have to agree that Zaha has been more consistent for Palace than any of our wide attackers - he is more often than not Palace MOTM.

Don't really love the idea of spending so much on a player like Zaha, but we do need a player who will hit the ground running and he has the ability to do that and perhaps make the difference in tight games which is what we are missing so much since Hazard departed. 

Have to disagree with this. He gets the ball a lot in Palace's set up and teams are set up differently against us. I very much doubt he gets to enjoy the same freedom in our team.

2 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

He is use to it though, Last week VS Watford they kicked and hacked him to shreds.

The expectations are slightly different though, he can just as well stay invisible if it was at palace but he is expected to produce despite all that at Chelsea.

Is he a good player? Yes. Will he take us to the next level? I doubt it.

People seem to of made up thier minds that he's better for a counter attacking team.

That could actually suit us for away games.

As for home matches, he's never played for a team on the front foot except for his little stint at Man Utd when he was young, so how do we know he's guanranteed to fail with deep sitting teams?

We could give it go with Zaha or pin our hopes on Pedro & Willian waking up one morning and dramatically improving thier goals and assists contribution and get better as they get older..

I know which option I'd prefer.

Edited by 2211

18 hours ago, 2211 said:

We could give it go with Zaha or pin our hopes on Pedro & Willian waking up one morning and dramatically improving thier goals and assists contribution and get better as they get older..

I know which option I'd prefer.

Their are other options, Adame Traore is improving game by game, he has more scope for improvement than Zaha, i would rather go for him personally, would definitely add some muscle.

29 minutes ago, coco said:

Their are other options, Adame Traore is improving game by game, he has more scope for improvement than Zaha, i would rather go for him personally, would definitely add some muscle.

Fair point, not saying that Zaha is the answer, or at any price.

Traore could be an interesting option for the reasons you mention.

I feel we definitely have to freshen it up somehow as our home form isn’t good, and we need someone who is capable of something different rather than the slow side to side football we’re producing in our home matches.

I Know I’m probably in the minority but I think Zaha is better than Willian, Pedro and CHO (at this moment in time), so I’d rather go for him than do nothing.

Here are some premier league stats on Zaha for the past 3 seasons;

2017: 7 goals and 9 assists
2018: 9 goals and 3 assists
2019: 10 goals and 5 assists

He is a player that seems to have been improving every year and whilst playing for Crystal Palace.

As a Chelsea man, I have to say the above statistics should be the minimum of what we need from our attacking wingers. Unfortunately, no matter how good our wingers have been recently they leave a lot to be desired from a goals/ assists perspective which is what matters in the end.

Willian is a very good dribbler of the ball but his end product isn't good enough. Pedro is very inconsistent. Pulisic and CHO are young players and will come good.

If Wilf is attainable in January then maybe we look to sign him just silly money may be downfull

Edited by Bluesince66
Added sentence

2 hours ago, coco said:

He has muscle, but his end product is terrible. He's only scored 19 goals in his whole career. He scored 13 of those goals in lower divisions. He wouldn't do anything to improve our goal scoring problems, he would just add to the problems we already have.

16 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He has muscle, but his end product is terrible. He's only scored 19 goals in his whole career. He scored 13 of those goals in lower divisions. He wouldn't do anything to improve our goal scoring problems, he would just add to the problems we already have.

I agree. As I said in other thread, I would rather we went for someone like Richarlison, who IMO is very decent and scores his fare share of goals.

17 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Hes on fire this season, are you not watching ? Just scored again, sometimes players improve you know, and he has definitley improved loads, end product is better than all our wide options thats for sure.

10 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I agree. As I said in other thread, I would rather we went for someone like Richarlison, who IMO is very decent and scores his fare share of goals.

I do like Richarlison, he's a bit of a whinge bag though. Saying that, it seems to fire him up the more he moans, unlike somebody like Morata that just gives up. 

2 minutes ago, coco said:

Hes on fire this season, are you not watching ? Just scored again, sometimes players improve you know, and he has definitley improved loads, end product is better than all our wide options thats for sure.

I wouldn't say he is on fire, slightly improved on his end product and playing in a better team has helped him, but I still don't rate him that highly and I don't think he would improve the problems we have.

Does Zaha score his goals cutting in from the left or from the right? I like pulisic on the left. I‘d really like a left footed winger/goal scorer on the right. Zaha would improve us in the short term. Pedro is clearly past his best, cho is very young and Willian playing on the left has goal scoring limits although he still contributes a lot with his pace and work rate. 

Edited by ozboy

14 hours ago, Scott said:

I have done a 180 on this, I now think we need a player like  Zaha. A fast, and powerful player that will just f**** run at defenders. Zaha doesn't give a toss about walking the ball into the net. Our attack does not scare defenders one bit.

I think I am slowly moving over to the side of signing him, only last week, I said on here i thought he was a bit of a prima donna waving his hands at people when things go wrong, and that Reece James made him look like a muppet, and that it might upset the dynamics of our young side, but after watching us Saturday, we need something. Its not my money, but lets not get tucked up for £80 mill though