Huddersfield V Chelsea (PL) Sat 11th Aug 15:00 UK

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Greetings friends from Huddersfield. My good lady and myself have just had a nice bottle of wine and a steaming curry. Huddersfield is not a bad place at all

Terrible journey up but what a great day. We left home at 5-30 and got here just before one.

I have no idea what the pundits have said but that was a class performance capped when Eden came on it added but Pedro seems a different player as well.

In truth I had no idea what to expect but some of the pressing and forced mistakes clearly are evidence of the hours on the training pitch

Edited by terraloon

3 hours ago, Valerie said:

Do you have more opinions than just the one about Morata?

@DiegoCostaForever isn't  @didierforever reborn by any chance?

1 hour ago, zes said:

Need to improve our pressing. Seems to be half-hearted. 

Sarri said we have 1 month where we only play 1 game a week so lots of time available to spend on the training pitch for learning and improving. Will be harder once we play 3 games a week. 

I reckon most if not all of the starting Xl will be left out of the group stage squads (unless we get to matchday 4 with qualification in jepordy) and given more time to learn the system.

7 hours ago, DiegoCostaForever said:

With Conte, we would be down 2-0 and he would tell us that he needs Messi to win against fking Huddersfield.

So happy that we got rid off this toxic fraud.

No need to talk that much sh*t when he completely turned us around his first season ad actually caused many other teams to copy our formation, gotta give credit where credits due

Thought Morata looked willing, was only offside once and that was marginal, and didn’t lie on the grounf[d moaning for half the ground. That will do for now. 

Jorginho was good but a bit risky in possession in defence. 

Kante is now competing with Berkeley and kovacic for a place. 

Luiz distrivbution is an asset, Alonso is good in attack, but in a back 4 they both get beaten for pace and better teams than Huddersfield will exploit them. 

‘All in all worth staying up for. 

8 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

With this defense, no, not really. 

8 hours ago, TheBluesBrother said:

Don't speak too soon.:face_palm:

8 hours ago, atomis said:

If Theres one thing we have learned in the epl, it is that it aint over until the final wistle. They need 1 goal and its game on for sure.

Men of little faith...jk.

Nice little kick about, and though the cliche about no easy matches in the Prem holds true we’ll have much sterner tests than that. We dealt with Uddersfield comfortably. A David Luiz back four likely won’t look this assured again for some time.

Delicious goal in the second half, in which we played much better than the first. Lovely little N’Golo miss hit, if he connects properly it probably goes flying into the keeper’s hands or something, but nice to see Sarri freeing him up to be more of an attacking influence down the right now that Jorginho is holding down midfield. Teams will quickly get wise to that but Huddersfield didn’t seem to expect it.

Liked seeing RLC as first sub for Ross, even though he basically had nothing to do.

Filthy peno from Jorginho, who looked class and ran the game. Nailed-on pen despite Phil Neville at HT claiming there was a ‘genuine attempt to win the ball’ which apparently meant it wasn’t a pen at all - sod off Lesser Neville, even Tim Sherwood understands pens better than you.

Eden was unplayable when the super sub klaxon sounded. Willian looked dangerous, Pedro less so but very busy. Morata was anonymous and drifted through the game, created one good opportunity with that driving run but then couldn’t find Eden with the cutback so ended up wasting his endeavour.

Kepa had sod all to do, probably should have been beaten but for the woodwork in the first half. But apart from that, quiet debut and a clean sheet.

49 minutes ago, Charles Ryder said:

Nice little kick about, and though the cliche about no easy matches in the Prem holds true we’ll have much sterner tests than that. We dealt with Uddersfield comfortably. A David Luiz back four likely won’t look this assured again for some time.

Delicious goal in the second half, in which we played much better than the first. Lovely little N’Golo miss hit, if he connects properly it probably goes flying into the keeper’s hands or something, but nice to see Sarri freeing him up to be more of an attacking influence down the right now that Jorginho is holding down midfield. Teams will quickly get wise to that but Huddersfield didn’t seem to expect it.

Liked seeing RLC as first sub for Ross, even though he basically had nothing to do.

Filthy peno from Jorginho, who looked class and ran the game. Nailed-on pen despite Phil Neville at HT claiming there was a ‘genuine attempt to win the ball’ which apparently meant it wasn’t a pen at all - sod off Lesser Neville, even Tim Sherwood understands pens better than you.

Eden was unplayable when the super sub klaxon sounded. Willian looked dangerous, Pedro less so but very busy. Morata was anonymous and drifted through the game, created one good opportunity with that driving run but then couldn’t find Eden with the cutback so ended up wasting his endeavour.

Kepa had sod all to do, probably should have been beaten but for the woodwork in the first half. But apart from that, quiet debut and a clean sheet.

Yes, probably the worst team in the Premier L;eague and ideal opponents for us to start with. Some of their players were so slow and statuesque, they made Alonso look like Usain Bolt. 

24 minutes ago, old git said:

Yes, probably the worst team in the Premier L;eague and ideal opponents for us to start with. Some of their players were so slow and statuesque, they made Alonso look like Usain Bolt. 

They gave us a bit of trouble in the first half to be fair, and looked dangerous from the few set pieces they had. As I mentioned they would have scored but for the woodwork, and I thought the decision to take Pritchard off at halftime was a weird one as he was having a lot of joy dragging David Luiz around the pitch.

They were anonymous for the first 20 or so minutes of the second half though, couldn't string a decent spell of possession together and we were basically just eating up the minutes as there wasn't a pressing need to score a third. 

Their keeper also looked a bit ropey.

Edited by Charles Ryder

Impressive win, couldn't complain about anything. Couple of months ago we had no idea how to break them down when our season was on the line, this time around we passed ball, kept the ball better, and much more movement in the final third to break down the defence. The penalty was a good example of how the 'Sarri ball' worked, last season we just looked to pass side ways in that kind of scenario, no one would make the kid of runs in the box. With a proper 3 men midfield, Kante or Barkley could charge forward a lot more, and offer the goals we missed from last season. Of course there were issues to be solved in attack and defence, but we weren't going to get there in the first month, the signs were very positive in this game.

Greetings friends

Back home , far better journey back to Dorset Mrs T now cooking a roast.

Am watching a replay of the game and interested to see things from a different angle. at this point in time I have to say that Huddersfield are well organised and show energy but lack any cutting edge.

Morata looks lost in the system and for me a three of  Pedro, Hazard and Willian could  be devastating. 

Clearly Morata isn’t the answer and I am slightly concerned, but not worried, about Luiz and Alonso.

At the game wasn’t sure the penalty was correct but yep fair play to the ref

Anyways onward and upwards

On 12/08/2018 at 01:23, coco said:

I laugh at our fans when they say "yeah but he has no pace".................What's it they say "what did the Romans ever do for us" ? :laugh2:

No doubting his on the ball skills, but are you saying he has pace?