Xfaxtor

Mateo Kovacic

I think we could have pulled off a great bit of business here and we should be very excited. Kovacic is a top player that will be exciting to watch. I don’t get why people are banging on about giving Barkley a chance he’s been crap pre-season and is injury prone. We need to freshen up our midfield and we have done. Fabregas is finished his legs have gone and Is just there to see out his contract. RLC needs a season to fight for his place which he should expect to do. He wasn’t that good at palace where he can just walk straight in and demand a starting spot. He needs to get his head down and prove himself or he will only play the the likes of Crystal Palace 

7 minutes ago, Lucashm said:

Yup, Just saw it.

If we sign Fekir aswell today, i think we Will actually have the best team in England

I wouldn't go that far, I'd say we are back up there with United and Liverpool, but still behind City. They're going to dominate while Pep is still around

I really don't think we are even close of being the best in England. This is due to our bad attacking-trio. Okay bad is a harsh word but we have seen what Morata does and he is an aerial player as is Giroud. Bats is not good with feet either. I think we should consider using Pedro or Eden as a striker. 

Just now, evissy said:

I really don't think we are even close of being the best in England. This is due to our bad attacking-trio. Okay bad is a harsh word but we have seen what Morata does and he is an aerial player as is Giroud. Bats is not good with feet either. I think we should consider using Pedro or Eden as a striker. 

I agree.
But Fekir has goals in him.

Not to sound unthankful but Kovacic won't be enough simply because he's not a goalscorer either and right now we don't even have one player in our team that guarantees 15+ goals a season.
Hazard could do it, but he's not really a goalscorer either.

Just now, Zeta said:

Not too keen on this signing.

The way i see it is that he is a better option than Drinkwater and Bakayoko, possibly Loftus-Cheek and Fabregas too, and we don't have to pay anything other than his wages. If he ends up being good, then we may be able to sign him permanently for next season. That is good enough for me.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Was either Falcao or Pato.  Think both were around the same time, unless I'm forgetting someone else.

Forgot about those 2.   I was thinking back to the mighty Ricardo Quaresma, pretty sure that was a loan.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

The way i see it is that he is a better option than Drinkwater and Bakayoko, possibly Loftus-Cheek and Fabregas too, and we don't have to pay anything other than his wages. If he ends up being good, then we may be able to sign him permanently for next season. That is good enough for me.

Yeah, I just would rather we gave Barkley/Loftus-Cheek a real chance.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

There was talk that Kovacic was pushing for a permanent transfer rather than loan to us, but Real Madrid refused to budge.

Why a loan?  It's so stupid.  We are basically gifting RM Courtois and they have tried to unsettle Hazard for years.  If Kovacic does well here there is no way RM will sell him to us unless we either a.)pay an astronomical fee or b.)agree to do business with them regarding Hazard.  And if we can't keep him, we risk losing team chemistry when he leaves at the end of the year.  We are essentially developing a player for them and paying his wages too.  

Don't like this at all. 

1 minute ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Why a loan?  It's so stupid.  We are basically gifting RM Courtois and they have tried to unsettle Hazard for years.  If Kovacic does well here there is no way RM will sell him to us unless we either a.)pay an astronomical fee or b.)agree to do business with them regarding Hazard.  And if we can't keep him, we risk losing team chemistry when he leaves at the end of the year.  We are essentially developing a player for them and paying his wages too.  

Don't like this at all. 

Both Matt Law and Simon Johnson are saying there is an option to buy him.

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Both Matt Law and Simon Johnson are saying there is an option to buy him.

Ahh ok thank you.  I don't have twitter so I guess I'm out of the loop.  If that's the case it's a far better deal and I'm all for it!