Xfaxtor

Mateo Kovacic

12 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

Forgot about those 2.   I was thinking back to the mighty Ricardo Quaresma, pretty sure that was a loan.

I knew there was another one but I couldn't quite think of it and then I saw it mentioned on Twitter.  Maniche.  From memory didn't he get sent off in his first game for us?

5 minutes ago, the special one said:

But at what cost? Hazard?

Nah, we’ll sign Kovacic with the gentleman’s agreement that we’ll sell Hazard to them. 

Then we can claim the fax machine has broken.

13 minutes ago, Michael said:

I knew there was another one but I couldn't quite think of it and then I saw it mentioned on Twitter.  Maniche.  From memory didn't he get sent off in his first game for us?

Against West ham, we went 1-0 down then battered them 4-1. He was useless. 

We signed another Brazilian then too didn't we, and old sod who never played for us? 

Edited by dkw

8 minutes ago, dkw said:

Against West ham, we went 1-0 down then battered them 4-1. He was useless. 

We signed another Brazilian then too didn't we, and old sod who never played for us? 

mineiro? 

1 hour ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Why a loan?  It's so stupid.  We are basically gifting RM Courtois and they have tried to unsettle Hazard for years.  If Kovacic does well here there is no way RM will sell him to us unless we either a.)pay an astronomical fee or b.)agree to do business with them regarding Hazard.  And if we can't keep him, we risk losing team chemistry when he leaves at the end of the year.  We are essentially developing a player for them and paying his wages too.  

Don't like this at all. 

Unless he enjoys it here does well wants to stay and we will be in the same position atletico were in with Costa where it’s the only club he wants to join and it falses the clubs hand to do business l. He’s obviously very unhappy there 

According to youtube this lad for me is a combination of Barkley and Cesc (comparing to our players). Legs like Barkley's and vision and passing ability like Cesc's. He also seems to know how to tackle and steal the ball. No wonder he's learned from Modric. Similar abilities. Also very hard for him to break into their team with Luka in his way. 

I'm excited for this capture albeit a loan deal. 

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I wonder if Costa would still be here if he hadn't fallen out with Conte. What a lethal striker.

Granted he went off like a train in his first season with us, with 7 goals in his first 4 games, but thereafter it wasn't exactly the Costa gravy train that people "remember" ... 14 in 33 after that fast start .... (and 7 in 23 when he went back to Atletico last year)

I think Costa mentally started to head back to Spain after Mourinho sold his best mate Felipe Luis. Conte just iced the cake ...

Edited by Sexyfootball

29 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yep, that was it 

He played once apparently, though I can’t recall it, same as Djilibodji. We had Maniche on loan at some point, can remember him being that good either.

Edited by Floyd25

4 hours ago, big blue said:

Really need to move of those players on. I thought RLC had some good moments last night, it's going to be tough for him to get minutes though with Barkley, Kovacic, and possibly Fabregas to compete with. 

Yeah that's the problem, moments, he had two but other than that was jogging around the pitch aimlessly.

50 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Granted he went off like a train in his first season with us, with 7 goals in his first 4 games, but thereafter it wasn't exactly the Costa gravy train that people "remember" ... 14 in 33 after that fast start .... (and 7 in 23 when he went back to Atletico last year)

I think Costa mentally started to head back to Spain after Mourinho sold his best mate Felipe Luis. Conte just iced the cake ...

Yeah, he hasn’t had great moments either but I really miss being excited to watch him play. With him up top you’d feel your team is lethal and he strikes fear into the opponents. Ever since he left we’ve really struggled for goals, with Morata! 

I was really excited when we signed him but he’s been a huge disappointment so far and I can’t see him improving. I hope I’m wrong.

58 minutes ago, Ashleyb66 said:

Unless he enjoys it here does well wants to stay and we will be in the same position atletico were in with Costa where it’s the only club he wants to join and it falses the clubs hand to do business l. He’s obviously very unhappy there 

He is unhappy there only because he can’t find a place in the starting eleven ahead of Kroos and Modric.

Kroos didn't have the greatest season last year compared with his usual lofty standards, and Modric will be 32/33 next year. They will need to freshen up the midfield soon. 

If he is guaranteed first team football, I doubt he will turn down the prospect of playing for the biggest club and playing for the biggest trophies. 

I hate loan deals without a buying clause. 

And assuming he does really well this season and wants to stay here permanently instead of going back, Madrid will ask us a crazy nine figure sum we won’t be able to afford. 

2 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

With an option to buy, is that similar to release clause? I hope so, I would hate it if we agreed to pay to sign him next year and Real Madrid refused.

Marca, RM’s mouthpiece, are reporting that there is no buying option in the loan deal that has been agreed. 

1 minute ago, Barry Bridges said:

I hope we insist in a buyout clause or on it being a 2 year loan so he enters his final year of his contract when the loan expires and RM are in the situation we now face with Courtois

Doubt Madrid would be that stupid.  It's a nice thought though.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Yeah that's the problem, moments, he had two but other than that was jogging around the pitch aimlessly.

I agree, he needs to show more imo, more energy, more influence on a game, more goal attempts, and yes actually bust a gut, especially if you want to impress. Sorry for being off topic here.

42 minutes ago, Lord said:

And assuming he does really well this season and wants to stay here permanently instead of going back, Madrid will ask us a crazy nine figure sum we won’t be able to afford. 

I am hoping that like many other loans with an option to buy, the option to buy figure is pre determined

Certainly would strengthen our midfield. good passer, not afraid to tackle and has the legs to play the box to box role.
Who's going to play beside kante and jorginho will be interesting.
Loftus cheek, Barkley and fabregas all cant be on the bench. (and Drinkwater / Bako (milan hopefully)

45 minutes ago, BlueITC said:

Certainly would strengthen our midfield. good passer, not afraid to tackle and has the legs to play the box to box role.
Who's going to play beside kante and jorginho will be interesting.
Loftus cheek, Barkley and fabregas all cant be on the bench. (and Drinkwater / Bako (milan hopefully)

I would expect RLC and Bakayoko to go on loans. I would then expect Barkley and Fabregas to be on the bench.