Little Fekir

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

34 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Yeah and look how well that went...this guy has Osgood Schattlers disease or apophysitis of the tibial tubercle, it's normally a childhood issue but clearly he's condition has lasted into adulthood. That being said, he has played two full seasons in the last two seasons...

I've got that, doesn't really make any difference to sports, unless his is worse than mine.

If this does happen I would assume Willian is off after all. We cannot bring another non-homegrown player into the squad without letting one go. So if the 3 current rumours are true and we add Kepa, Kovacic, and Fekir, we would see 3 leave too. Courtois and 2 others. We may well see players like Drinkwater leave but they are homegrown so that won't help. My guess would be Willian, and possibly Baka.

Top, top player. Left footed, low centre of gravity, strong on the ball, scores goals. 

Could play as either the most attacking midfielder or on either flank. He does like to cut inside so it might make us slightly narrow.

Olivier Giroud on Fekir: "I spoke to him when we were together in the French national team, when his move to Liverpool fell through. Then we discussed Chelsea, and I even think that Eden said a couple of words to him. We would obviously welcome him, he is a super player, but I don’t know if this is something that could happen as the window closes on Thursday."

11 hours ago, ozboy said:

Osgood?-S?chlatt?e?r??

Incredibly common. It's basically like having crazy growth pains. When it's happening, it's painful to the touch, and a bump grows beneath your knee that never goes away, but it doesn't effect you long term. I had it, and I know a ton of people that have had it. No one fails a medical because of this. 

I think Fekir and kovacic would improve the team out of sight. I expect Morata is the kind of player who plays well when the team is playing well. 

‘So there would be a positive synergy over and beyond the value of Fekir or martial or even zaha by themselves. 

However its not all clear that 48 hours is enough time, Lyon would have to find a replacement, or that Chelsea’s got the money. 

So I guess I’ll have to put this in the wishful thinking basket  

Fekir is overhyped imo. I see you guys are drodling possible lineups where he takes Willians position, a player that's wanted by Barca, Man Utd, etc. How can you possible mean this guy would be good for us, and better than Willian?? 18 goals last season in Lyon is still 1 less than Memphis Depay (u've seen him in PL), only 5 more than Bertrand Traore. I just hope we stay far away from him, just another mid-range player who won't make any impact. 

31 minutes ago, teero said:

Fekir is overhyped imo. I see you guys are drodling possible lineups where he takes Willians position, a player that's wanted by Barca, Man Utd, etc. How can you possible mean this guy would be good for us, and better than Willian?? 18 goals last season in Lyon is still 1 less than Memphis Depay (u've seen him in PL), only 5 more than Bertrand Traore. I just hope we stay far away from him, just another mid-range player who won't make any impact. 

And by this statement you're saying that Fekir is bad, as he scored 18 goals in the league last season... Because of Depay? That simply does not make sense. Depay is a brilliant player - and he has certainly showed that for Lyon. He didn't get a fair chance at United, and failed to fit in at Manchester. Plus, he was just a kid. 

Would love to see Fekir on the right wing at Chelsea, though i'm not sure I would want it by the cost of Willian.

2 hours ago, ozboy said:

I think Fekir and kovacic would improve the team out of sight. I expect Morata is the kind of player who plays well when the team is playing well. 

‘So there would be a positive synergy over and beyond the value of Fekir or martial or even zaha by themselves. 

However its not all clear that 48 hours is enough time, Lyon would have to find a replacement, or that Chelsea’s got the money. 

So I guess I’ll have to put this in the wishful thinking basket  

Wrong. The Ligue 1 transfer window has not been changed. They would still have about three weeks to get another player. Having said this - yes, it's still wishful thinking.

Actually I think the way this happens is if we sell Willian to United  for £55-60m then it effectively is cost neutral. 

But with only 2 days left, there’s lot that needs to happen so I don’t think it will happen unfortunately 

3 minutes ago, Hanzen said:

And by this statement you're saying that Fekir is bad, as he scored 18 goals in the league last season... Because of Depay? That simply does not make sense. Depay is a brilliant player - and he has certainly showed that for Lyon. He didn't get a fair chance at United, and failed to fit in at Manchester. Plus, he was just a kid. 

Would love to see Fekir on the right wing at Chelsea, though i'm not sure I would want it by the cost of Willian.

Wrong. The Ligue 1 transfer window has not been changed. They would still have about three weeks to get another player. Having said this - yes, it's still wishful thinking.

Depay is as brilliant as Nani has been his whole career, just lacks the end product. An talking about fair chances, Chelsea has not been the club providing these fair chances looking back.. Anyway, I cannot believe people are preferring Fekir over Willian. 

5 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

Incredibly common. It's basically like having crazy growth pains. When it's happening, it's painful to the touch, and a bump grows beneath your knee that never goes away, but it doesn't effect you long term. I had it, and I know a ton of people that have had it. No one fails a medical because of this. 

There is also conflicting opinion surrounding treatment. Whilst the established treatment has been complete rest there has also been many instances where the prescribed treatment has been to continue playing through it and it eases up.

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Sounds as if he is available. If we truly want him then it is possible. We probably do need another player up front to freshen it up. However after us spending £70m on a keeper, I can’t see us spending £50m on Fekir. 

I understand that, but after selling Courtois for, let’s say 40m, which will reduce our overall spend to 80m.

If we manage to sell a few more players this window like Drinkwater, which could reduce our net spend even more. 20m for Drinkwater, goes down to 60m.

Look at Liverpool, they’ve spent 170m this summer. I don’t think it’s too unrealistic for us to spend say, 100m overall.

FEKIR LATEST

Nabil Fekir was left out of the Lyon's squad to face Chelsea last night admid reports of a move to Stamford Bridge. 

He did come close to signing for Liverpool this window and Lyon Manager Bruno Genesio can't rule out a late move.

"It's too early to say. He wanted to leave at the end of last season, but came back to training yesterday and was happy.

"Who knows? There may be opportunities that come up before the end of the window. For now, he is a Lyon player."