Mateo Kovačić

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

8 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Unfortunately looks set to miss tomorrow's game. Big shame because of all the players to want to play in this game it's him. Its games like this why he left Madrid to prove he could win UCL as one of the main starters. Hopefully we get past them so he can actually start a final.

As a romantic I think we football fans have been denied some really good reunions this season. Cr7 vs Mess I we only got 1 out of the 2 group games with both playing. Neymar missed both legs vs Barca. Jadon Sancho missed both legs vs City. These are passionate moments we as mutuals or fans of those teams love to see.

I read he was having two individual training sessions today before Tuchel made a final decision. Is he 100% definitely out?

Until I hear officially I am going to hope he is on the bench tomorrow night. If all our players were fit and available I would be starting with the Kante / Kovacic central partnership.

7 minutes ago, just said:

I read he was having two individual training sessions today before Tuchel made a final decision. Is he 100% definitely out?

Until I hear officially I am going to hope he is on the bench tomorrow night. If all our players were fit and available I would be starting with the Kante / Kovacic central partnership.

Its official buddy, he announced today in the press. I think that means Mount starts on the bench. We may need his energy in midfield when one of Kante and or Jorgeeh get tired if they even do. No matter what we need at least one other option in midfield other than Billy. It's a random domino effect but I think TT does this especially since Mase played two 90 mins in a row and took a knock.

Kova will be a miss but Jorginho and Kante are also a nice balance. Kante goes fwd Jorgeeh sits. If we go with 5 out and out defenders (both wbs are natural fullbacks/wingbacks) Jorginho should have plenty of help on the counter. I think overall even without our boy Mateo we can bring a similar intensity to the whole game like during the first leg. 

2 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Its official buddy, he announced today in the press. I think that means Mount starts on the bench. We may need his energy in midfield when one of Kante and or Jorgeeh get tired if they even do. No matter what we need at least one other option in midfield other than Billy. It's a random domino effect but I think TT does this especially since Mase played two 90 mins in a row and took a knock.

Kova will be a miss but Jorginho and Kante are also a nice balance. Kante goes fwd Jorgeeh sits. If we go with 5 out and out defenders (both wbs are natural fullbacks/wingbacks) Jorginho should have plenty of help on the counter. I think overall even without our boy Mateo we can bring a similar intensity to the whole game like during the first leg. 

Mount starts on the bench? The news keep getting worse! 

Next you are going to tell me we are buying Luiz back from Arsenal!

We're saving him for the final just like Pep saved Mahrez. Ok he didn't it was a guaranteed semi-final there, anyway Kovacic would have been great in this second leg against Real Madrid but it was not meant to be.

1 hour ago, just said:

Mount starts on the bench? The news keep getting worse! 

Next you are going to tell me we are buying Luiz back from Arsenal!

Oh if that happened a third time Just your reaction would be priceless.

We will miss Kova for this game I think. One way or another we will be knackered for Saturday's game.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

With how food Kante and Jorgi were against Real has he lost his chance to start the final if both of those 2 are fit?

Well we still have 5 big games before final so anything can change.. 

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

With how food Kante and Jorgi were against Real has he lost his chance to start the final if both of those 2 are fit?

Jorginho has been playing well but Kova comes back in for me. I think our best team is with Kante and Kovacic. I have a feeling Tuchel rates Kova even higher than Kante.

I thought about this too and must say, as great as Kanté plays - mostly always MoTM performances since a good while - I think we play extremely well from behind with Kova, much better than with Kanté. So in case we sit deep and defend I feel 100% save with Jorgi/Kova. With Kanté it's more about pressing high and winning the ball much higher/earlier which nobody can do better than Kanté.  It's a shame that all three have a combined goal threat way below Timo atm so there is just no point in letting them play alongside since that would be the ideal combo defensively and for transitional play. Well, can't have it all.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Possibly, however we still have 4 epl games and 2 finals so we will need to rotate and have in 

Guest Sindre

Tuchel is aiming for him to be ready for Leicester in the Cup final.

Sounds like he can't wait to have Kovacic available again.

7 hours ago, Sindre said:

Tuchel is aiming for him to be ready for Leicester in the Cup final.

Sounds like he can't wait to have Kovacic available again.

If he does play, I hope for his sake his time on the pitch is not unjustly curtailed, as happened last season 

17 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

If he does play, I hope for his sake his time on the pitch is not unjustly curtailed, as happened last season 

We need the rotation. Kante needs to be rested properly. He carries the workload of 2 players already as it is. 

Guest Sindre
9 hours ago, Deino said:

We need the rotation. Kante needs to be rested properly. He carries the workload of 2 players already as it is. 

Pretty sure he's thinking about the unjust red card in the final.

I said it in the match thread but he needs to play the last two league games and play well to be in contention for the CL final, even from the bench.

Jorginho and Kante has worked a lot better than I expected so it's not as big a blow as I thought at the time. 

It will be unfortunate for him as this is his big chance to star in a final after being on the side for Real but the most important thing is he winds up with another medal round his neck. We saw what happened to Spurs when Pochettino rushed Kane back because he's Harry Kane, we must not make that same mistake.

Edited by Argo

37 minutes ago, Argo said:

I said it in the match thread but he needs to play the last two league games and play well to be in contention for the CL final, even from the bench.

Jorginho and Kante has worked a lot better than I expected so it's not as big a blow as I thought at the time. 

It will be unfortunate for him as this is his big chance to star in a final after being on the side for Real but the most important thing is he winds up with another medal round his neck. We saw what happened to Spurs when Pochettino rushed Kane back because he's Harry Kane, we must not make that same mistake.

Looks like he's going to be on the bench in another CL final.

For me I'd have to go with Jorginho and Kante for the final, just based on merit over the last few weeks. However, If Kova comes back and plays well in the next few games, he could give the manager a headache. 

Guest Sindre

He's back.

Brilliant news as far as i'm concerned. Probably won't start tomorrow but i'll be surprised if he doesn't start the following three.