Mateo Kovačić

Just a steady player, but not even doing something special once a season, let alone a couple of times. I'd like to believe a game against Shiefield United or Norwich (No disrespecting teams coming up), somebody like him should be able to stamp his authority and dominate the opposition, couldn't even make that happen. Where's the flat track bully when we need one?

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Just a steady player, but not even doing something special once a season, let alone a couple of times. I'd like to believe a game against Shiefield United or Norwich (No disrespecting teams coming up), somebody like him should be able to stamp his authority and dominate the opposition, couldn't even make that happen. Where's the flat track bully when we need one?

Christ the way you are talking its like we have bought a £70m player, even Kante does not own the opposition.

I

On 03/09/2019 at 09:17, Droopy said:

He is just another guy hurt by Jorginho's presence. Obviously super talanted, good hustler, good speed, superb runs through lines, nice tackler, hard one to move. Yet out of his position. He's not a passer, not a shooter, not a scorer, but he has to do all these things because the nonsense with Jorginho contunues. We've hurt Kante, now we are hurting Kovacic. Wondering for how long. Jorginho brings absolutely nothing to this team. Last year, under so-called Sarri ball? Arguable. But now? Terrible. 

We've hurt Kovacic? He's been like this his entire career.

We've hurt Kante? He's just had his best ever professional season with us and our current manager even admits that Kante isn't a DM.

Lamps has been singing high praises about Jorginho, i'll listen to the gaffer over you.

It might not be saying much but he has been better and more positive than last season, with one assist already and at least got himself into a scoring chance. He'll have tto do  for now, but is he really a good enough player to help us become  a title contending team again in 2 or 3 years time? I don't think so.

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Christ, I expected a 40M player to have an upper hand over players from a lower division, and that's too much to ask?

I'm sure you can point out a specific example or a situation where he didn't have the upper hand against Norwich, since with a 93% passing accuracy against Sheffield it doesn't seem like he was the reason for us giving away posession or losing control of the game.

It will also be quite hard to scapegoat him for the Sheffield equalizer as he wasn't on the pitch anymore, though I don't doubt you'll find a way.

I hope that's not too much to ask.

On 04/09/2019 at 14:14, RIP Mourinho said:

We've hurt Kovacic? He's been like this his entire career.

We've hurt Kante? He's just had his best ever professional season with us and our current manager even admits that Kante isn't a DM.

Lamps has been singing high praises about Jorginho, i'll listen to the gaffer over you.

Lampard also called Zappacosta quality so I guess you believe that too?

On 03/09/2019 at 09:17, Droopy said:

He is just another guy hurt by Jorginho's presence. Obviously super talanted, good hustler, good speed, superb runs through lines, nice tackler, hard one to move. Yet out of his position. He's not a passer, not a shooter, not a scorer, but he has to do all these things because the nonsense with Jorginho contunues. We've hurt Kante, now we are hurting Kovacic. Wondering for how long. Jorginho brings absolutely nothing to this team. Last year, under so-called Sarri ball? Arguable. But now? Terrible. 

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the only time we’ve looked good this season is when Kante and Kovacic have played together when they both carried Jorginho vs Liverpool

On 04/09/2019 at 16:38, Droopy said:

That hurt. You came up with it by yourself or stole it? 

Nothing better to come back to me with because you know i'm right. Move along. 

13 hours ago, RJBOfficial said:

Lampard also called Zappacosta quality so I guess you believe that too?

Lampard also sold Zappacosta and plays Kovacic/Jorginho every game, actions speak louder than words.

Edited by RIP Mourinho
4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Nothing better to come back to me with because you know i'm right. Move along. 

Lampard also sold Zappacosta and plays Kovacic/Jorginho every game, actions speak louder than words.

Lampard playing our only 2 fit midfielders shouldn’t be a surprise, wait until next year to see if Jorginho is still starting once Kante/RLC/Kova are fully fit and available 

32 minutes ago, RJBOfficial said:

Lampard playing our only 2 fit midfielders shouldn’t be a surprise, wait until next year to see if Jorginho is still starting once Kante/RLC/Kova are fully fit and available 

Yeah, lets hope he`s a massive failure eh so we can gloat about how bad he is......

51 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yeah, lets hope he`s a massive failure eh so we can gloat about how bad he is......

Hope? We’re conceding more than 2 goals a game while our midfielders offer no protection at all for our CBs and are incapable of making tackles or screening a defence, at this point Jorginho is an established failure of a signing

5 minutes ago, RJBOfficial said:

Hope? We’re conceding more than 2 goals a game while our midfielders offer no protection at all for our CBs and are incapable of making tackles or screening a defence, at this point Jorginho is an established failure of a signing

Jorghy being among the top passers in the league can't be a failure. He's our second best after Kante, only a healthy RLC was in the same spotlight.

I don't see the point of trying to trash talk another player here, it doesn't do any favours to Kovacic they are in the same team.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

It's refreshing to find that we can still attract such football geniuses, full of indepth knowledge and tactical acumen.  I love it when the true professionals join a humble little fan forum like ours and give us all the wonderful benefit of their extensive expertise.  If only the club could  search out and employ  these world-class experts, we'd be cruising up there in the heady heights of the top  half of the Premier League  instead of languishing in the relegation places.

52 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

It's refreshing to find that we can still attract such football geniuses, full of indepth knowledge and tactical acumen.  I love it when the true professionals join a humble little fan forum like ours and give us all the wonderful benefit of their extensive expertise.  If only the club could  search out and employ  these world-class experts, we'd be cruising up there in the heady heights of the top  half of the Premier League  instead of languishing in the relegation places.

Oh you're back are you! Where the hell have you been? :laugh2:

1 hour ago, RJBOfficial said:

Wrong. 

4 hours ago, RJBOfficial said:

We just gonna pretend that Jorginho didn't play against Liverpool with Kovacic and Kante beside him?

I think Jorginho has recovered his old form. He had some very hard months mid last season, but towards the end we saw the improvements. This season I think he has been very good however, I also think he can be a defensive liability. It certainly doesn't help when we've got the defence that we have though, where one mistake can easily lead to a goal. I just don't think he covers ground that well, but on the ball he's absolutely superb, easily our best passer by quite a distance. 

20 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I think Jorginho has recovered his old form. He had some very hard months mid last season, but towards the end we saw the improvements. This season I think he has been very good however, I also think he can be a defensive liability. It certainly doesn't help when we've got the defence that we have though, where one mistake can easily lead to a goal. I just don't think he covers ground that well, but on the ball he's absolutely superb, easily our best passer by quite a distance. 

I think Jorginho is model professional and a progressive player trying to keep us probing and he is not above taking a card to keep us in the game, though still not sure if we have the correct midfield balance.

I was looking on different forums and caught a blogger saying Frank got it wrong on Saturday he took Barkley off and brought on Willian which opened up gaps in our midfield as Barkley had been providing defensive cover. He did add that Willian provided Abraham with two good passes he wasted.

He added we lacked wide movement though and were too narrow, personally not sure on that point with Emerson roaming wide on the left. 

He acknowledged SFL is on a learning curve and looks forward to his subs winning us a match rather than appearing to cost us.

4 hours ago, RJBOfficial said:

Both our goals against Sheffield came from our right wing so you should be blaming the wide players for not tracking back. 

On 05/09/2019 at 22:27, Vagabond said:

I'm sure you can point out a specific example or a situation where he didn't have the upper hand against Norwich, since with a 93% passing accuracy against Sheffield it doesn't seem like he was the reason for us giving away posession or losing control of the game.

It will also be quite hard to scapegoat him for the Sheffield equalizer as he wasn't on the pitch anymore, though I don't doubt you'll find a way.

I hope that's not too much to ask.

Yes, 93% passing rate is all we care these days, let's forget about every other aspects of the game.

Go on, I'm starting to enjoy this..