Zeta

We've got a new Kepa

38 minutes ago, robdog said:

found this interview on Chelsea reddit

Kepa the Great.
Also I really loved the man that interviewed him, he sounded so nice and dearly I don't know how to explain but his voice is so nice; "Kepa, congratulations, we're through to the final, a final in your first season in England, you must be very happy." The way he says it is so nice. And then in the end he said to Kepa "gracias, muy bueno." Lovely.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Kepa the Great.
Also I really loved the man that interviewed him, he sounded so nice and dearly I don't know how to explain but his voice is so nice; "Kepa, congratulations, we're through to the final, a final in your first season in England, you must be very happy." The way he says it is so nice. And then in the end he said to Kepa "gracias, muy bueno." Lovely.

I believe Kepa spoke in Basque - I didn't recognize what he said

On 26/01/2019 at 16:03, mojo said:

have you noticed that in all penalties he faced he guessed the side much more often than not. hope I haven't jinxed it.

ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

4 hours ago, Nevamind said:

Did Tibo ever save us a penalty? From what i remember he was horrible when it comes to penalties.

He had an amazing penalty save against WBA when he had just returned from Atletico

3 hours ago, Semper Fi said:

He had an amazing penalty save against WBA when he had just returned from Atletico. 

Oh yes my bad. Now i looked it up and this was his only penalty save for us. 

Replacing Courtois with Kepa has been one of the positives for me this season. Unlike Courtois, he is humble and has the potential the be one of the best as he continues to grow in the game but unfortunately he came at the time when we have abandoned our trade mark of playing with a solid midfield and defence to a system that focuses on attacking the opponents but living us vulnerable defensively. Yeah, we are going to concede a lot of goals when playing away this season due to Sarri's devotion to his plan A, I hope it won't affect Kepa's confidence on the long run.

Kepa let in a soft goal yesterday (Gundogan's goal), but that's fine. It's not like anyone was helping him. 
Yes, I watched the game again. He was slow to react. But he will get better.

Open mutiny in a final.

I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays for Sarri again.
Felt sorry for Sarri on this occasion, he must have felt all kinds of helpless.

Azpi should have dragged him off the field. That's what JT, Cole, Lamps or Drogba would have done.

Embarrassed himself today. Firstly with that farce over the substitution, secondly giving major sh*t to Aguero then letting his penalty slip under him. I don't like Aguero, but I could understand why he turned and started laughing. 

I have a question... If the 4th official never puts up Kepa's number, why shouldn't he tell the sidelines he's good to go and doesn't want to come off? I'd call that heart, not disrespect. 

As soon as the manager puts his foot down and says "you're coming off" and then his number goes up, he's coming off. He's going to raise hell, but he's coming off. 

I want my players to fight to get on and stay on the pitch. That's emotional, heat of the moment actions I can forgive. 

But you don't need a player's consent to pull him. 

But I don't understand the big problem. Sack up and yank his ass Sarri... 

Help me out here. 

The blame is not solely with Kepa, lot of people jumping to conclusions here that are a bit extreme.  I think a quite plausible scenario is that Kepa just thought he was coming out due to injury.  Perhaps Sarri was replacing him for other reasons, we may never know.  But the bottom line is, it was poor communication by all, from Sarri to Kepa, to the assistant coaches and the referee.  All hold some of the blame in my opinion.

Just now, Skinnedy said:

Help me out here. 

His number was up. The fourth official was holding up the sign with Willy standing beside him.

I think Sarri really, really needed to win this trophy. 

1 minute ago, Skinnedy said:

I have a question... If the 4th official never puts up Kepa's number, why shouldn't he tell the sidelines he's good to go and doesn't want to come off? I'd call that heart, not disrespect. 

As soon as the manager puts his foot down and says "you're coming off" and then his number goes up, he's coming off. He's going to raise hell, but he's coming off. 

I want my players to fight to get on and stay on the pitch. That's emotional, heat of the moment actions I can forgive. 

But you don't need a player's consent to pull him. 

But I don't understand the big problem. Sack up and yank his ass Sarri... 

Help me out here. 

I quite agree with this