We've got a new Kepa

22 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I don't understand how Sarri can't just come forward, ask the player is he's ok and if he can continue just 2 more minutes? Because Kepa was fine.

Sarri already made a decision and then saw that Kepa was fine and instead of saying sorry or simply forcing the change by saying to the linesmen that it's happening, he goes around and ruins the whole mood of the squad.

Twice Kepa went down with the same injury, with penalties looming and a top drawer penalty stopper waiting on the bench.

It was an obvious and logical substitution to make.

Just now, Fatty_Speeding said:

Twice Kepa went down with the same injury, with penalties looming and a top drawer penalty stopper waiting on the bench.

It was an obvious and logical substitution to make.

Then I see no reason why Sarri just didn't put his foot down and force the sub, if Kepa dislikes it who cares this is Sarri's decision...but he stepped down and got angry and wanted to leave before penalties, HAD Sarri left the team before penalties you could be 100% sure that he is getting sacked.

Just now, Gol15 said:

Then I see no reason why Sarri just didn't put his foot down and force the sub, if Kepa dislikes it who cares this is Sarri's decision...but he stepped down and got angry and wanted to leave before penalties, HAD Sarri left the team before penalties you could be 100% sure that he is getting sacked.

Sarri did put his foot down... what was he supposed to do, call on security to grab Kepa by the scruff?

It's not just a lack of communication for me, that kind of behaviour is indicative of player power, price tag going to the head.

All the staff were waving him off, Luiz was telling him to get off, you dont need the officials to tell you, unless you think you know better than the manager that is.

He'll have to play we can't bench him despite my knee jerk reaction earlier to bench him, but he should be reprimanded by the club.

Just now, jack h said:

What are you talking about! Sarri gave him no power, he refused to come off! It's that simple. 

Not true, he can't refuse if the board is showing the sub taking place. Sarri could have said put it up and said to Caballero to come there and wait. Lets see how in that case is Kepa refusing to be subbed off?

20 minutes ago, enigma said:

Huh? He went down twice holding his hammy. It was obvious he was going to be taken off because he was showing signs of an injury. Sarri was likely concerned about him pulling his hammy or cramping up during the shootouts I imagine. I do think a bigger deal may be being made of this than necessary. The board didn't go up and it was heat of the moment, so a lot of emotions; Sarri is angry and Kepa wanting to stay on to play which is natural for a player. Still not a good look though after a great performance. 

No I agree, he definitely had a hammy issue or cramps or something.  What I meant was, it didn’t seem like Kepa thought it was a tactical decision, which it could have been.

1 minute ago, coco said:

It's not just a lack of communication for me, that kind of behaviour is indicative of player power, price tag going to the head.

All the staff were waving him off, Luiz was telling him to get off, you dont need the officials to tell you, unless you think you know better than the manager that is.

He'll have to play we can't bench him despite my knee jerk reaction earlier to bench him, but he should be reprimanded by the club.

He can play again the second he apologizes to the gaffer, the squad and the fans. You have a boss, you're suppose to do what he says

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Not true, he can't refuse if the board is showing the sub taking place. Sarri could have said put it up and said to Caballero to come there and wait. Lets see how in that case is Kepa refusing to be subbed off?

Stop making excuses, there was no ambiguity about what was happening. He refused to come off.

4 minutes ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

Sarri did put his foot down... what was he supposed to do, call on security to grab Kepa by the scruff?

It's just sad anyway. Kepa needs to appologize to Sarri and the team. Even if we had won the penalty shootout he should appologize.

8 minutes ago, Sindre said:

We simply can't accept mutiny like that and believe things will be fine.

Send a horrible message to the rest of the squad. Basically transfering all power to the players is what we would be doing if we do that.

I’m still hesitant to call it a mutiny.  I don’t think Kepa was maliciously going against Sarri, even Sarri said it was a misunderstanding (though as already mentioned he gave a lame explanation for it).

And I’d wager that players already have the power, not just with Chelsea, but across Europe in general.