Jump to content


Zeta

We've got a new Kepa


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Good save today

D50Y5XqWkAA6Kfj.jpg

IMHO it was a quality save - I was watching commentating here in The States & Tony Gale had the nerve to criticize Kepa about which hand he used to make the save - people are looking for anything to criticize these days

Edited by robdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, robdog said:

D50Y5XqWkAA6Kfj.jpg

IMHO it was a quality save - I was watching commentating here in The States & Tony Gale had the nerve to criticize Kepa about which hand he used to make the save - people are looking for anything to criticize these days

I heard that as well. Proves that he is a know nothing twat. He went with the right hand. The opposite hand, above the body in that instance is the right hand to go with. It was a decent save. Not brilliant becaus it wasn't that strong a push with the hand and used a bit of the post but it was still a good save. And it was crucial at the time because the team were playing sh!te.

In diving that way and rotatinn the shoulders to go with the other hand ("the so called wrong hand") you are actually gaining extra reach being the width of your shoulders in rotation. That's why keepers go with the other hand above the ball rather than coming from under it.

Still i wasn't a bang average centre half for my career, so what the fck do i know.

Edited by WhiteWall
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, robdog said:

D50Y5XqWkAA6Kfj.jpg

IMHO it was a quality save - I was watching commentating here in The States & Tony Gale had the nerve to criticize Kepa about which hand he used to make the save - people are looking for anything to criticize these days

Likewise - I didn’t pay attention to which one said it, could have been Gale as well, but one of them kept spewing on about how Kante should be playing in Jorginho’s position.

And they thought RLC would come on at RCM, when obviously Kovacic is going to slot over to the right and RLC would play on the left.

Not to keep at them, but they also kept going on about how RLC is not in the team every game and if it was me I’d have him starting every game.  He’s had a back issues you idiots.

Just obvious they didn’t do their homework one bit.

Oh and they talked up Higuain like he’s Lionel Messi or something.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

I heard that as well. Proves that he is a know nothing twat. He went with the right hand. The opposite hand, above the body in that instance is the right hand to go with. It was a decent save. Not brilliant becaus it wasn't that strong a push with the hand and used a bit of the post but it was still a good save. And it was crucial at the time because the team were playing sh!te.

In diving that way and rotatinn the shoulders to go with the other hand ("the so called wrong hand") you are actually gaining extra reach being the width of your shoulders in rotation. That's why keepers go with the other hand above the ball rather than coming from under it.

Still i wasn't a bang average centre half for my career, so what the fck do i know.

I didn’t understand what he was getting at there either. Not a technical genius or anything, but from where I was sitting, the only hand he could reach it with was his left, hence he pushed it away with his left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Likewise - I didn’t pay attention to which one said it, could have been Gale as well, but one of them kept spewing on about how Kante should be playing in Jorginho’s position.

That was Tony Gale - every 5 minutes he was saying how Kante should be playing where Jorginho was & Kante wasn't even on the pitch - fuck that guy - he is always negative talking about Chelsea & then there that mug Kyle Martino - fuck all of the haters & let them find some more crap to cricitize CFC - I am going to enjoy the rest of my Sunday & LOL at them all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robdog said:

D50Y5XqWkAA6Kfj.jpg

Tony Gale had the nerve to criticize Kepa about which hand he used to make the save 

When we lost to Arsenal in the 2000 FA Cup final I remember Cudicini being criticised for using the wrong hand when he attempted the save for one of their goals. 

It was a (former) goalkeeper making the observation (don’t remember who) but basically they criticised Carlo for doing the opposite of what Kepa did today... so someone’s wrong! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, robdog said:

That was Tony Gale - every 5 minutes he was saying how Kante should be playing where Jorginho was & Kante wasn't even on the pitch - fuck that guy - he is always negative talking about Chelsea & then there that mug Kyle Martino - fuck all of the haters & let them find some more crap to cricitize CFC - I am going to enjoy the rest of my Sunday & LOL at them all

I’m used to the bias from pundits these days but I really can’t stand when they don’t do their homework ahead of calling games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robdog said:

- I was watching commentating here in The States & Tony Gale

I mentioned him in the match thread. He was awful. It's like the last time he watched a match was in January. On and on about Kante. On and on about why Ruben isn't starting. 

He was terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

I mentioned him in the match thread. He was awful. It's like the last time he watched a match was in January. On and on about Kante. On and on about why Ruben isn't starting. 

He was terrible. 

It could be the case that he hasn’t watched a match since January, but if so, he needs to familiarize himself with current ongoings of the clubs playing the game he is calling.  Can’t agree more that he was terrible, it was hard to listen to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've a feeling these guys (commentators) stalk forums to pick up on fans' peeves and then regurgitate them as if they're feeding monkeys at the zoo. I just blow farts back at them. Not sure if they land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony Gaie or Gayle however you spell it is an absolutely grade A asshole and is the most bias commentator that comments on Chelsea matches basically just ignore everything he says

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top save today, not sure we'd come back and win if we concede first. He's not a tall guy, so to dive full length and pluke the ball out from the top corner with the wrong hand is even more impressive. In the long run, he will prove he's worth the money spent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Top save today, not sure we'd come back and win if we concede first. He's not a tall guy, so to dive full length and pluke the ball out from the top corner with the wrong hand is even more impressive. In the long run, he will prove he's worth the money spent.

Did you know he's taller than Casillas?

I tell myself that everyone I'm concerned about his height. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Brutos said:

Tony Gaie or Gayle however you spell it is an absolutely grade A asshole and is the most bias commentator that comments on Chelsea matches basically just ignore everything he says

There's a bloke who frequently commentates alongside Arlo White that I just can't stand. Not sure who it is but Chelsea can never do things right by him. 

Edit: turns out its Tony Gayle!

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

There's a bloke who frequently commentates alongside Arlo White that I just can't stand. Not sure who it is but Chelsea can never do things right by him. 

Edit: turns out its Tony Gayle!

White usually has le Saux and Lee Dixon alongside him.  They’re probably the best of the bunch that we get here in the US, if you can believe it.  I actually don’t mind Arlo White, but Lee Dixon doesn’t ever hold back slating Chelsea.

le Saux being a former Chelsea player at least understands the state of our team and what we have going on, but I’m sure fans of other teams don’t really like him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

White usually has le Saux and Lee Dixon alongside him.  They’re probably the best of the bunch that we get here in the US, if you can believe it.  I actually don’t mind Arlo White, but Lee Dixon doesn’t ever hold back slating Chelsea.

le Saux being a former Chelsea player at least understands the state of our team and what we have going on, but I’m sure fans of other teams don’t really like him.

Maybe he's only done it a couple of times with White. I watch on NBC sports and I keep flashing back to him saying Arlo and Graeme. Selective memory maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2019 at 01:00, Brutos said:

Tony Gaie or Gayle however you spell it is an absolutely grade A asshole and is the most bias commentator that comments on Chelsea matches basically just ignore everything he says

I bloody hate that guy. I was looking forward to giving a piece of my mind on his Twitter account but he is inactive. Sky should bloody fire him, he is useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony Gale is on UK commentary only, he as stated above is a right anti CFC Dik head

In the USA NBC has the fool Arlo with the gooner matey and Le Saux providing asinine commentary

 

btw good save from Kepa, 14 clean sheets out of 37 so far, not bad but hardly world class either, time will tell if he can match Big Pete or even the Judas Tibo's levels 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, General said:

Tony Gale is on UK commentary only, he as stated above is a right anti CFC Dik head

In the USA NBC has the fool Arlo with the gooner matey and Le Saux providing asinine commentary

 

btw good save from Kepa, 14 clean sheets out of 37 so far, not bad but hardly world class either, time will tell if he can match Big Pete or even the Judas Tibo's levels 

That’s not entirely correct, Tony Gale was on NBCSN in the US for the Watford match.  He is not on often, I hadn’t heard of him before this match but he’s definitely not only on in the UK.

Arlo at least isn’t completely biased and his goal calls are quite exciting.  The other 2 are complete idiots though, agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

That’s not entirely correct, Tony Gale was on NBCSN in the US for the Watford match.  He is not on often, I hadn’t heard of him before this match but he’s definitely not only on in the UK.

Arlo at least isn’t completely biased and his goal calls are quite exciting.  The other 2 are complete idiots though, agreed.

check your facts please, Gale has never been in the USA co-commentating with Arlo, he' solely on the feeds from the UK broadcasters co-

commentary teams. I know Wikipedia is not bullet proof but its all I can reference, look for Gale's name on the world feed listing 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_on_NBC

balls in your half mate !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, General said:

check your facts please, Gale has never been in the USA co-commentating with Arlo, he' solely on the feeds from the UK broadcasters co-

commentary teams. I know Wikipedia is not bullet proof but its all I can reference, look for Gale's name on the world feed listing 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_on_NBC

balls in your half mate !

 

 

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are saying here - although I will say I never said that Gale was a co-commentator with Arlo.  Regardless, Gale was, 100%, the commentator on the broadcast we received in the US, with Rob Palmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are saying here - although I will say I never said that Gale was a co-commentator with Arlo.  Regardless, Gale was, 100%, the commentator on the broadcast we received in the US, with Rob Palmer.

Just curious, do are you referring to this guy?

martino-768x413.jpg

this is Kyle Martino & I believe he is a gooner supporter. I could be wrong but he is always throwing a bit of shade Chelsea's way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...