Zeta

We've got a new Kepa

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Next Saturday please, I will be there! Thank you for this excellent idea ::clap2::

I will happily donate towards the production of Carlo masks with a spearheaded bubble confessing his undying love for Valerie for the entire MHL. 

It’ll confuse the f**k out of everyone is anything. 

10 hours ago, Brutos said:

Some real fickle fans who was calling him useless now will show up again when they "believe" he's not any good again....

He did well today. Although I do wish he was a bit more commanding at set pieces. Roy keane was questioning de gea about this, how well does he Marshall the defence. I wonder whether kepa is weak here as well. I think both goals he had a very small part in them being scored. Could he have anticipated the danger at that free kick better, could he have come out for the corner and challenged for the ball? 

Happy to eat my words if he does improve, but I'll always question a goalkeeper that doesn't keep clean sheets. 

He did well today. Although I do wish he was a bit more commanding at set pieces. Roy keane was questioning de gea about this, how well does he Marshall the defence. I wonder whether kepa is weak here as well. I think both goals he had a very small part in them being scored. Could he have anticipated the danger at that free kick better, could he have come out for the corner and challenged for the ball? 

Happy to eat my words if he does improve, but I'll always question a goalkeeper that doesn't keep clean sheets. 

How on earth is he going to stop the free kick hit that hard that close please explain?

For the corner Firmino was unmarked had he come and Firmino got to the ball before him he would be chastised for not staying on his line so again explain how he was at fault for that goal?

2 hours ago, Brutos said:

How on earth is he going to stop the free kick hit that hard that close please explain?

For the corner Firmino was unmarked had he come and Firmino got to the ball before him he would be chastised for not staying on his line so again explain how he was at fault for that goal?

Organise the wall. Spot where the danger is coming from. That free kick was only going to go in that corner and only if that play happened. Kante didnt move, but kepa as keeper should be keeping the defence alert - imo it's his job to lead that.

Firmino ain't heading that against courtois. It was alonsos fault, but other keepers wouldn't have let someone head it in that space. 

These are minor points but a world class keeper would be doing these things. 

4 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Organise the wall. Spot where the danger is coming from. That free kick was only going to go in that corner and only if that play happened. Kante didnt move, but kepa as keeper should be keeping the defence alert - imo it's his job to lead that.

He doesn’t have time to set up his crystal ball and consult it you know or is he just suppose to be able to see through time and space itself? 

Jesus f**king Christ can people not just hold their hands up anymore, say ‘great free kick that’ and get on with life?

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

He doesn’t have time to set up his crystal ball and consult it you know or is he just suppose to be able to see through time and space itself? 

Jesus f**king Christ can people not just hold their hands up anymore, say ‘great free kick that’ and get on with life?

Jose was right. We really are happy to accept mediocrity now 😉

10 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Jose was right. We really are happy to accept mediocrity now 😉

Jose doesn't remember that he was fired many times. We have an inexperienced team that needs time, Jose never had that he only spent money so his thoughts are shortsided. He isn't right.

Kepa could have done better I agree but the goals were hard to defend it wasn't that easy of a job...

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Jose doesn't remember that he was fired many times. We have an inexperienced team that needs time, Jose never had that he only spent money so his thoughts are shortsided. He isn't right.

Kepa could have done better I agree but the goals were hard to defend it wasn't that easy of a job...

Not to mention Jose constantly glorified draws and defeats in his first year at United and his first year back here ruled out a title win from the offset.

He has a short memory.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Not to mention Jose constantly glorified draws and defeats in his first year at United and his first year back here ruled out a title win from the offset.

He has a short memory.

He always had that short memory...When he complained about Conte celebrating, as if he never ever overreacted just to steal the spotlight from his players...Or when he mocked us for winning Europa league for the first time saying that he would be ashamed winning that because it's only for small clubs, but then he was so over the moon when he won it with Manutd...

Well said...

Been very sloppy with his feet recently. Too slow and too many mistakes. It's about time he receives some silly goal unless he works on it. That was supposed to be his A game as long as a I remember. 

Yes, and it was not only yesterday. The opponents is closing the gap quickly this season and he seems unbalanced to pass the ball well. This has been a thing for at least a month. 

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

Yes, and it was not only yesterday. The opponents is closing the gap quickly this season and he seems unbalanced to pass the ball well. This has been a thing for at least a month. 

I agree with that, but at the same time, affer a dodgy start to the season the rest of his keeping has improved and been good over the past few games.

True, our fans here are just touchy about anything. It's either black or white for them. I criticized one trait of his performance, see what happened. 

Edited by Droopy

Right...

19 hours ago, Droopy said:

this is true for every keeper in a team that wants to play from the back.. Allison, Ederson, Leno, Loris (hope he is recovering well).. all have nervy moments especially given the inexperience in out back 4 and the lack of clean sheets.. i am confident to say that apart from the pool and city lads we have the best all round keeper in the league hands down..