Jump to content

Zeta

We've got a new Kepa


Recommended Posts

Yes, it was a weak header and he could have possibly saved it. However, all top keepers would have conceded there too so in my opinion the goal was not his fault. If we had someone like John Terry he wouldn't have had to make a save there at all in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weak wrists, always the same, terrible on set pieces also, never commands his area well or comes out when needed. 

I'm not going to blame the result on him though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Weak wrists, always the same, terrible on set pieces also, never commands his area well or comes out when needed. 

I'm not going to blame the result on him though. 

I agree, he is not a top goalkeeper this season and there are lots better then him, but the goal result  yesterday was not all his fault. If attackers had done their job, it would have not made a difference anyway. We should have scored at least 3 goals yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I agree, he is not a top goalkeeper this season and there are lots better then him, but the goal result  yesterday was not all his fault. If attackers had done their job, it would have not made a difference anyway. We should have scored at least 3 goals yesterday. 

But ultimately he cost us 1 point. His shot to stop ratio is terrible. I think even Brighton’s keeper is better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gentian said:

I agree, he is not a top goalkeeper this season and there are lots better then him, but the goal result  yesterday was not all his fault. If attackers had done their job, it would have not made a difference anyway. We should have scored at least 3 goals yesterday. 

No doubt Rudiger shares a lot of the blame. For me the problem is that the ball is coming towards him and he has ages of time to come and even punch. He just stays anchored to his line. It's not the only problem with our defence but it's a serious one that should be remedied in the summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main problem is that we had 70% possession and created f**k all out of it, that's the main problem. That's why I'm not going to pile all the blame on Rudiger and Kepa for the defeat, we should've put this game to bed ages ago, they are a w**k and crawling with injuries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Slojo said:

The main problem is that we had 70% possession and created f**k all out of it, that's the main problem. That's why I'm not going to pile all the blame on Rudiger and Kepa for the defeat, we should've put this game to bed ages ago, they are a w**k and crawling with injuries. 

Agreed. That said, the point of being a keeper at a top club is when the moment arrives you make the save. The differences at this level are very small between first and last. For Kepa to have suuuuch a low save percentage (15th in the PL) is not good enough. The only thing elite about him is the price we paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Agreed. That said, the point of being a keeper at a top club is when the moment arrives you make the save. The differences at this level are very small between first and last. For Kepa to have suuuuch a low save percentage (15th in the PL) is not good enough. The only thing elite about him is the price we paid.

He has struggled this season, De Gea had similar problems in the ariel department, both come from the same league and have a similar height. But I don't know, with Kepa it looks like an ongoing situation. 

I never rated Courtois highly but he commanded his area and was a beast in the air, I'm really missing that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.3289a7d3e5ca98bafee17f9f6d098e5b.png

He's not just last but he's miles off the second worst too.

And to think we could have had Alisson that summer but didn't want to pay the £65 million Roma wanted. Then panic set in, in typical Chelsea-fashion and we shelled out £71 million for this below average goalkeeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

To be fair he’d probably fallen asleep watching the players in front of him endlessly passing sideways. I know I nearly did!

Yes we are allowed to fall a sleep, but he gets 150k a week not to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not a very good keeper and probably thr worst transfer in recent history. 70M for a below average keeper that didn't get better in the time since he came here.

 

*edit* Did anybody ever see him leaving the goal line and control the 5y box? I can't remember a single time in over a year. He doesn't put players on the posts at set pieces either and then we wonder why we're so weak at them?

Edited by Vagabond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 conversations between football fans:

- but he can't make any saves

- Doesn't matter, he's got decent footwork...

Not that Kepa does, tho...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slojo said:

I never rated Courtois highly but he commanded his area and was a beast in the air, I'm really missing that. 

Swap Kepa for Luiz, and I feel the same on both of them. Luiz has his limits, but he was damned good in the air. Take both Courtois and Luiz out, and we're so vulnerable from outside in.

I never feel like we're going to score from a corner or a cross. I fell like the opposition is going to score from EVERY corner and cross. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

Swap Kepa for Luiz, and I feel the same on both of them. Luiz has his limits, but he was damned good in the air. Take both Courtois and Luiz out, and we're so vulnerable from outside in.

I never feel like we're going to score from a corner or a cross. I fell like the opposition is going to score from EVERY corner and cross. 

That's a good comparison, spot on in fact. Because Luiz was also good with the ball to his feet, and so is Kepa, which is an argument made by many Kepa supporters. 

I would dare say Kepa is the biggest problem on set pieces, he adds to the anxiety because he's so incompetent on them, he has no organisation or leadership skills. I could be out of order there so feel free to shoot me down but that’s the way I’m seeing it right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I would dare say Kepa is the biggest problem on set pieces, he adds to the anxiety because he's so incompetent on them, he has no organisation or leadership skills. I could be out of order there so feel free to shoot me down but that’s the way I’m seeing it right now.

I agree, I think having confidence in your keeper adds an extra layer of protection, if not physically then at least mentally.

People always say ‘it was from 6 yards out he had no chance’ but surely there’s got to be an element of him obviously needing to control his box better, he is allowed to jump and use his hands after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2211 said:

I agree, I think having confidence in your keeper adds an extra layer of protection, if not physically then at least mentally.

People always say ‘it was from 6 yards out he had no chance’ but surely there’s got to be an element of him obviously needing to control his box better, he is allowed to jump and use his hands after all.

There are times when he doesn't even come out for a header on his 6 yard box, it's disgusting, it's happened several times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Good job we have Cech overseeing stuff, he'd surely identify a dodgy stopper!

Will he though,as far as I can see someone on the board f*cked up and now they don't want to admit it and definitely so at the price paid.But how long can they go on believing in miracles that he will suddenly become world class,but sorry miracles dont happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much would we get for him? 50m? To the right league? 

Is it worth taking the hit and getting someone else in. I wonder if Oblak could be tempted nowadays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

How much would we get for him? 50m? To the right league? 

 

No way.

Courtois at 35M is the 3rd most expensive goalie of all time. Ederson is next. In today's money, Buffon is probably still the most expensive of all time, but that's Buffon.

we'd be lucky to get 25M back for him. 

Meanwhile, Nick Pope is putting on a master class for Burnley.

Kepa signed a 7 year contract on huge wages. Only way he leaves is if Chelsea eats a huge chunk of those wages and fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chi blue said:

Yes we are allowed to fall a sleep, but he gets 150k a week not to

Maybe he was counting his money at the same time? Recipe for disaster that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinnedy said:

No way.

Courtois at 35M is the 3rd most expensive goalie of all time. Ederson is next. In today's money, Buffon is probably still the most expensive of all time, but that's Buffon.

we'd be lucky to get 25M back for him. 

Meanwhile, Nick Pope is putting on a master class for Burnley.

Kepa signed a 7 year contract on huge wages. Only way he leaves is if Chelsea eats a huge chunk of those wages and fee.

Before we signed or were even linked with Kepa, I thought we would go for someone like Pope or Heaton. Wish we had as would have cost us a fraction and both are better.

 

Edited by Nibs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I watch Kepa the worse he seems to get. To think he cost more than Alisson and Ederson it’s mind blowing. There’s at least 10 keepers in the Premier League better than him - the stats suggest it’s even more than that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...