Zeta

We've got a new Kepa

1 minute ago, sonic90 said:

Maybe we can sort it out, hell we have to try, he's a £70m problem. If we sell now we'd make a massive loss and pay a premium for the next guy.

You won't pay a premium for many of the keepers in the prem, and all of them are better than Kepa, the only goalkeeping attribute he seems to have is his name can be produced keeper

3 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Maybe we can sort it out, hell we have to try, he's a £70m problem. If we sell now we'd make a massive loss and pay a premium for the next guy.

He's still the first choice keeper for the Spain national side, and I think he'd have a few options to go back home at a decent price ... and I'm sure his agent could blame the defence in front of him if he needed to ...

3 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Willy will play on Saturday and if he has a good game I’d leave him in for a bit. Make Kepa realise he’s not undroppable at least. Who knows, we might actually save a shot or two. 

I don't think Frank will drop him. Unfortunately. 

I constantly wonder why we were playing cabalerro in cup games. What's the point? He's a back up in case something goes wrong and probably won't be here next year. Give Cumming ago. 

I'd play Willy all day long. But then again I'm a sexually active fella!

But yes I would. He isn't a great keeper by any means but he isn't a f**king awful one. Kepa, on the other hand, is a disaster. No doubt Willy would make mistakes but I don't believe he would make anything like as many as Kepa does.

If Kepa was a horse there would be extra glue for primary schools by now.

Frank and the club need to give it some serious thought as the Summer period approaches about what to do with the GK situation.

I wouldn't be against selling Kepa and bringing in someone else to replace him. He's simply not good enough for the amount we paid to obtain him in the first place.

I tried to convince myself he's a system keeper and he'd look better once we get better but recently we have been shutting teams out for the most part yet still conceding the few times they venture in our box.

We need to sign another keeper in the next ten days. 

Save % this season in PL:

•Alisson- 86%
•Henderson- 75%
•Guaita,Fabiański- 74%
•Schmeichel, Leno, Dúbravka- 73%
•Gazzaniga- 72%
•Ryan- 71%
•Ramsdale- 70%
•De Gea,McCarthy- 69%
•Ederson,Foster- 68%
•Rui Patrício, Heaton, Krul- 66%
•Pope- 65%
•Pickford- 64%
•Kepa- 56%

Probably even lower now after last night. He need to f*ck off.

Another stat.

16% - Chelsea have conceded goals from 16% of shots faced this season in the Premier League; no side have conceded a higher proportion in the competition during single season since detailed shot data was collected for the first time in 2003-04. Blue.

3 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Another stat.

16% - Chelsea have conceded goals from 16% of shots faced this season in the Premier League; no side have conceded a higher proportion in the competition during single season since detailed shot data was collected for the first time in 2003-04. Blue.

Watching us this season, I'd say our shots to goals ratio seems a lot higher, but presumably that stat includes wayward shots that sail miles wide or over the bar. In the last two games we faced three shots on target and conceded three goals. Having f*ck all to do all game seems to make Kepa incapable of doing his job when called upon.

I remember when we played Ajax we went 3-1 down having faced one shot on target.

Edited by Backbiter

15 hours ago, Jezz said:

Frank and the club need to give it some serious thought as the Summer period approaches about what to do with the GK situation.

I wouldn't be against selling Kepa and bringing in someone else to replace him. He's simply not good enough for the amount we paid to obtain him in the first place.

Forget about the fee. Just ask if he's good enough. So far this season he's been woeful - at shot-stopping, dealing with crosses, commanding his area and with the ball at his feet.

And dont forget the terrible pass that he made to one of our defenders in the first half. Put him on all kinds of pressure needlessly.

and I have not forgotten his tantrum in the league cup final .  

Edited by Phillip

I've been talking about his game lacking saves for a very long time, now all of a sudden, everybody's citing the stats. 

3 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Nick Pope is nearly as bad if we're talking stats!

I meant the part that we are considering ditching Kepa, not about Pope being the replacement. Should have said that though.

Newcastles keeper or Dean henderson would be ideal imo.

Edited by axman2526

I defended him a lot but am concerned now he's just can't save a shot we really need a new goalkeeping coach I see why Lampard wanted shay given as goalkeeping coach

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

I defended him a lot but am concerned now he's just can't save a shot we really need a new goalkeeping coach I see why Lampard wanted shay given as goalkeeping coach

I can't see bringing in a new goal-keeping coach making much difference.

As the saying goes, "you can't polish a turd".

21 hours ago, sonic90 said:

No way we can sort this problem out, the saying "you can't polish a turd" comes to mind when discussing Kepa

15 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I can't see bringing in a new goal-keeping coach making much difference.

As the saying goes, "you can't polish a turd".

Great minds think a like nibs, only just seen your post and I've just posted the same saying, not sure if the youngsters on here will know the saying though

I reckon its more of a mental thing with Kepa which is a major issue, in majority of games which we dominate he usually has 1 or 2 saves to make and a lot of the time a keeper needs to be switched on for those moments and with him he just seems to have these mental lapses. Petr Cech was amazing in this regard where he would barely have anything to do all game yet when called upon he was always aware of any danger and his anticipation to shot placement was second to none.

I dont think this is something that can be rectified or coached, Kepa might improve in this aspect based on experience but put him in a team where he will need to make consistent saves game after game and I am sure he will look a lot better but for a top team where you need your keeper to step up on a couple of occassions per game I dont think thats his forte.

13 hours ago, chi blue said:

Great minds think a like nibs, only just seen your post and I've just posted the same saying, not sure if the youngsters on here will know the saying though

Actually, you and @Nibs are the "youngsters on here" to some of us!  ::MooNeY::

18 hours ago, Droopy said:

I've been talking about his game lacking saves for a very long time, now all of a sudden, everybody's citing the stats. 

He's actually saved us plenty times with quality saves and being a sweeper keeper. The blame should fall on the whole defence. We lack a real leader in defence. Van Dijk made an immense difference to Liverpool after joining them. Before he came they were constantly vulnerable.