We've got a new Kepa

I think we should bring him back for Utd as Dave Babey suggests Willy is not error prone either.

If Kepa continues to make mistakes then Willy it is though.

It's funny for me, times this season I don't think Kepa has been good yet recently didn't think this was his worst period either. 

Just looked back at the Bellerin goal and Emerson is stopping Bellerin going wide and then Tammy stands next to Emerson and Bellerin moves the ball inside Tammy who is too slow to react and gets off a cracking shot. Sure Kepa was slow to get down and did not move his feet quick enough yet it was also a good shot.

I think we should bring him back for Utd as Dave Babey suggests Willy is not error prone either.
It's funny for me, times this season I don't think Kepa has been good yet recently didn't think this was his worst period either. 
Just looked back at the Bellerin goal and Emerson is stopping Bellerin going wide and then Tammy stands next to Emerson and Bellerin moves the ball inside Tammy who is too slow to react and gets off a cracking shot. Sure Kepa was slow to get down and did not move his feet quick enough yet it was also a good shot.
Disagree. Kepa has been making mistakes for an aeon now. Willy certainly made one against Leicester but his all round game was much better than Kepa's has been. Its a poor message to send out if one keeper is allowed to make mistakes for 4 months or so before getting dropped and the other gets a 90 minute chance before getting punted.

I'd maybe agree if Kepa was actually a proven class keeper who was on a bit of a slump. You drop him as a kick up the backside. However I don't think that's the case. I actually think Willy, whilst still not a great keeper by any means, is the better player. And neither have a long term future at the club.
2 minutes ago, loz said:

Disagree. Kepa has been making mistakes for an aeon now. Willy certainly made one against Leicester but his all round game was much better than Kepa's has been. Its a poor message to send out if one keeper is allowed to make mistakes for 4 months or so before getting dropped and the other gets a 90 minute chance before getting punted.

I'd maybe agree if Kepa was actually a proven class keeper who was on a bit of a slump. You drop him as a kick up the backside. However I don't think that's the case. I actually think Willy, whilst still not a great keeper by any means, is the better player. And neither have a long term future at the club.

Well being dropped form a premier league game must have come as a shock, I would give a chance to see if he reacts.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Tammy was injured and could barely stand up :laugh2:

So if we’re getting rid of him what kind of transfer fee do we accept? Will we get 40 million quid?

caballero should be given more than 1 token league game too, yes he made a mistake at Leicester but it’d be double standards if he was dumped after 1 error 

11 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

No chance, bring him back and we will all be trapzing out of the bridge on that Monday night in a couple weeks against utd saying "he had two shots and let in two goals, and he should of saved the second" The bloke has nothing of any natural ability to suggest he's gonna get better, I mentioned before he just looks like a little winger whose been slung in goal at the end of training. Now I've read the board are reluctant to sell even though Franks had enough of him. Firstly what the f**k do the board know about football especially the art of goalkeeping, secondly who the hell scouted him? 

11 hours ago, loz said:

Don't think it's been 4 months, he's only started being in a really bad run of form from around mid of December. Prior to that he was doing just fine imo.

Edited by Remodez
2 hours ago, chi blue said:

No chance, bring him back and we will all be trapzing out of the bridge on that Monday night in a couple weeks against utd saying "he had two shots and let in two goals, and he should of saved the second" The bloke has nothing of any natural ability to suggest he's gonna get better, I mentioned before he just looks like a little winger whose been slung in goal at the end of training. Now I've read the board are reluctant to sell even though Franks had enough of him. Firstly what the f**k do the board know about football especially the art of goalkeeping, secondly who the hell scouted him? 

Would be interesting to know Czech's position on Kepa.

I’d start Caballero for a few weeks at the very least. It’s not just his ability as a goalkeeper, but he seems to have a top notch attitude. His behaviour in the whole carabao cup debacle was spot on. 

Kepa on the other hand, poor goalkeeper, poor attitude, spineless. The way he conducted himself in cup final was disgusting. Never liked him ever since then. The way he covered his mouth when Caballero made that mistake last weekend has infuriated me, wouldn’t put it past him to be sniggering. The sooner he goes the better.

I saw some stats posted on another board yesterday that suggested we have one of the better defenses in Europe, in terms of shots conceded etc. Not sure how reliable those were and I cannot find the link but that would add further fuel to the suggestion that we are being let down most by our goalkeeping at present. 

good luck to Frank in trying to get rid now 

the CFC board made him the most expensive goaly in the world, they will not let go of their bad financial investment that lightly, even though he is a proven liability between the sticks, this sometimes is the reality of high stakes football. plus  whomever scouted him wants getting rid as well

Everyone knows Kepa is not coming for crosses and will generally stand on (or near) his line.  That makes teams pump balls into the box knowing it has a high probability of bouncing in or finding a teammate.  Our defensive issues are due to a few reasons:

1. Defensive rotation where our CB pairings (especially) are not a settled unit.  This affects how the GK and defenders communicate and work together as a unit to organize 
  2. A keeper who is not a commanding presence and seems to be more interested in making a diving, highlight reel save over fundamental GK positioning and play
  3. A keeper who does not seem to be improving in any of these areas where he is weak.  I don't know what he's like in training, and what he's doing for extra work on the training ground with his coaches, but there does not seem to be growth or improvement in his game.  I wonder what Cech thinks of his play and training habits.
  4. Having Kante being more advanced (and hurt at times) removes a layer of protection that our defenders previously had

Clearly Kepa is in poor form.  Only the team/club knows whether he's working hard enough in training to get through it.  Given Frank's comments about picking the players that are deserving based on training, maybe Frank feels Kepa isn't doing enough to get through this poor patch and dropping him is a wake up call.