We've got a new Kepa

On 23/09/2020 at 19:01, PloKoon13 said:

Christ what a load of bollocks that article was ... quite amazing what passes for journalism these days ...

1 hour ago, MayosNoun! said:

I’m glad we gave him another shot already this season. It removes any doubts that he could have been a success and if anything, he’s become worse. I’m glad we signed Mendy. 

Yeah I thought the same, now there's  no doubt .he just can't do it.

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Christ what a load of bollocks that article was ... quite amazing what passes for journalism these days ...

Liew is a first-class tool. Liverpool fan by all accounts. He's written similar bollocks about us too. I swear that what some of these hacks know about football could be written on the back of a stamp.

9 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Well I can see what he was going for (trying to pull a Ronay), but 'swing and a miss' I think.

Liew on the whole is pretty good, and has become more confident over the past couple of years (I wonder whether it was a consequence of winning the SJA Award). Unfortunately I don't believe Liew is quite the wit he thinks he is...

17 minutes ago, evissy said:

Why on earth would we want to loan out Kepa? We have just bought an unknown keeper from France and no idea how it goes. 

His confidence is in the toilet, he looks like he couldn’t save himself from a wet fart. 

A change of location could do wonders for him mentally and help him look like an average keeper at least. 

13 minutes ago, evissy said:

Why on earth would we want to loan out Kepa? We have just bought an unknown keeper from France and no idea how it goes. 

He could play with a blindfold on and it will turn out better than Kepa, best get Kepa out club sooner rather  than later, his presence will just bring negative vibes to squad

1 hour ago, evissy said:

The unknown looks fantastic right now compared to the well documented sh*t. 

One thing that has gone under the radar that is an interesting development is the issue of a #31 shirt number to Nathan Baxter, and his listing in the first team squad section of the club web site. I think this is a good indicator that Kepa will go on loan, leaving us Mendy as #1 keeper, Willie as #2, and Nathan as our new #3.  Baxter has managed his career quite well so far, with a number of loans that have given him a lot of experience for his age, so congrats to him for what looks on face value to be a step forwards and a place in our first team squad, albeit as third choice.

Agree that a loan for Kepa is probably the best thing for him, in that it presents an opportunity to rebuild his confidence and restore his reputation,  while relatively out of the glare of the CFC media circus.

Oh, the guy been under the media radar for way longer than he deserved. People intentionally closed their eyes for a year and half and claimed "if it ain't terrible it's decent". Quite a standard for the most expensive keeper in the history of football. 

Edited by Droopy

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, reparto corse said:

I wonder why Kepa is still Spain's number one goalkeeper despite his recent form at Chelsea.

He must somehow be decent when playing for Spain which makes you wonder why he was struggeling so much at Chelsea in recent months. 

He didn't actually play that well despite the clean sheet. His positioning for Renato hitting the bar and Felix's late sitter was horrendous.

Not sure how or why Kepa gets a start over Cab. 

Cab is pretty poor himself but he's still better than Kepa. If Mendy can't play, Cab plays, it can't be simpler than that. Kepa is just f**king atrocious.