We've got a new Kepa

Zeta

22 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

We have a thing called empathy because we’re not completely psychotic?

I don't wish Kepa any ill will and I know he will obviously be going through a difficult time mentally. 

But he really pissed me off in that Cup final, and that's something I just can't forget. He ruined any respect I had for him that day and completely f**ked things up. He lost this club a trophy as far as I'm concerned, all because he wanted the glory. Who can really respect that? Maybe in time I could've forgave that if he ended up being a good keeper. But he's not, he's atrocious, and he shouldn't be anywhere near the teamsheet. 

It’s Groundhog Day with Kepa. One day we’ll wake up and he’ll have moved on to rebuild his career. 
Frank should not be picking him. This rests on his shoulders. Kepa has no trust from our players, fans, media and opposition. Only one/s that see something is Frank and the coaching team. This will hold us back 

9 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Zouma clearly messed up with the pass but from this angle it definitely looks like Kepa should have been first to the ball to clear it.

Brilliant angle and really telling - what other goalkeeper in the whole, complete, wide world doesn’t use his f**king paws ???

2 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Brilliant angle and really telling - what other goalkeeper in the whole, complete, wide world doesn’t use his f**king paws ???

He couldn't handle it on the first but weird he didn't on the second go. 

He just needed to boot it out. Every other keeper in the world would have just charged out and booted to row z and then shouted at zouma. 

Weird weird keeper. 

Edited by bisright1

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I think the ball bounced over his foot though of course he made the wrong decision.

You could tell afterward he was annoyed with himself.

Before that he had made a couple of good stops.

Like the rest of the forum I will be glad when Mendy is back.

Hmm I think we would need another angle for that, the video isn't great either as the aspect ratio is cropped and we'd need it slowed down even more to see where the ball goes past Kepa.

For me there was minimal bounce and it looked like it went under his leg rather than over his foot, it looks like he mistimed the slide.

6 hours ago, bisright1 said:

He couldn't handle it on the first but weird he didn't on the second go. 

He just needed to boot it out. Every other keeper in the world would have just charged out and booted to row z and then shouted at zouma. 

Weird weird keeper. 

It doesn’t really matter now, but I’ve looked at it again and again and I’m mystified as to why he doesn’t use his hands in the scramble by the post - do you think that he still thinks he can’t handle the ball - Has to be doesn’t it ??

18 minutes ago, evissy said:

Sometimes I wonder if Kepa has any type of chance of regaining his confidence. Retired staff member is training and Chelsea TV is publishing it. 

He'll probably needs to go to a different club in a different league for that. Every player (or every person for that matter) makes mistakes, but most humans are prone to making more than their fair share when they feel under pressure and are afraid of making those mistakes. He needs to get rid of that fear and enjoy playing again. I can't see that happening at Chelsea any time soon, if at all.

Edited by Valerie

36 minutes ago, evissy said:

Sometimes I wonder if Kepa has any type of chance of regaining his confidence. Retired staff member is training and Chelsea TV is publishing it.

Even less of a chance when Cech overtakes him in the pecking order.

I have no doubt in my mind Lampard will rather play Cech in goal then Kepa going forward.

36 minutes ago, evissy said:

I don’t think it’s a confidence thing, I just don’t think he’s any better than his recent performances - he’s just not a very capable goalkeeper , his level is what we’ve seen.

I think Cech is returning because he’s seen Kepa in training and realises what a problem he is ?

Kepa doesn’t have any value as far as I can see, be amazed if anyone wants him ?

4 hours ago, Sindre said:

Even less of a chance when Cech overtakes him in the pecking order.

I have no doubt in my mind Lampard will rather play Cech in goal then Kepa going forward.

Certain of it. Can't see why else PC would put all the effort in and get himself added to the squad. Where does this put Nathan Baxter as well though. I would have been rubbing my hands together with Kepa and Willy in front of me but add big Pete into the mix as well!!