We've got a new Kepa

You also have to realise that other managers are not overly stupid. If you had 20m to spend which is still a lot of money, would you spend it on a goalkeeper and, would that goalkeeper be Kepa? I think the general consensus would be that no one in their right mind would pay 20m for a fragile, non imposing goalkeeper who cannot collect crosses or save long shots. Kepa doesn’t really have any redeeming qualities. He has a reputation of being good with his feet so our only chance is someone buys him based on this and hope they can develop him but it’s a huge risk to take with 20m. 

I honestly cannot see him leaving. 

So, somewhere on this thread I probably said I'd rather have my 11 year old in goal... 🤣

well, I was half kidding, but he's pretty dang good. He's not much smaller than Kepa, I'd venture a guess he's a bit tougher..

we took on Atlanta United's youth academy on Saturday night and he had a really good showing...

(sorry for the proud dad moment)

1 hour ago, Skinnedy said:

So, somewhere on this thread I probably said I'd rather have my 11 year old in goal... 🤣

well, I was half kidding, but he's pretty dang good. He's not much smaller than Kepa, I'd venture a guess he's a bit tougher..

we took on Atlanta United's youth academy on Saturday night and he had a really good showing...

What a unique throw but very effective. Well done young man. Hope he keeps developing as he’s clearly talented. 

8 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

What a unique throw but very effective. Well done young man. Hope he keeps developing as he’s clearly talented. 

Yeah, he's an elite baseball player for his age, so I haven't messed with it too much. 

We had rules here where we weren't allowed to punt the ball until they were 10... well Sean could throw it over the midfield line.... I'd say "that's my center fielder"

Oh, and most importantly, I'm raising him right 😀

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 5.50.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 5.49.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 5.49.32 PM.png

6 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

That’s fantastic - good on him. He’s a brave keeper also!

Couldn't help but notice the Atlanta comment. Moved to metro Atlanta in 2003 - you ever go to Chelsea bars? Maybe Atlanta traveled to play the above game, but worth asking. 

7 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

Wow, that was impressive 🙂 good luck to him!

8 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

This footage is going to be in his documentary in around 40 years, brilliant stuff mate! Good luck!

9 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

Yeah, he's an elite baseball player for his age, so I haven't messed with it too much. 

We had rules here where we weren't allowed to punt the ball until they were 10... well Sean could throw it over the midfield line.... I'd say "that's my center fielder"

Oh, and most importantly, I'm raising him right 😀

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 5.50.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 5.49.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 5.49.32 PM.png

This is his Pulisic moment when he signs for Chelsea in 10 years, these photos will be on all the football pages. Good luck to him, looks like he has a great base to work from.

7 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

That’s fantastic - good on him. He’s a brave keeper also!

Couldn't help but notice the Atlanta comment. Moved to metro Atlanta in 2003 - you ever go to Chelsea bars? Maybe Atlanta traveled to play the above game, but worth asking. 

I've gone to the Atlanta Blues meet ups once or twice, but I haven't been since they moved to FADO. hit me up though next time... DM or skinnedy@gmail.com

24 minutes ago, dkw said:

Does his club accept sponsorhip? Maybe The Shed end can get their name on their shirts, keep track of results etc? 

They do. He's at Alpharetta Ambush right now (link)

But they have a kit sponsor right now from one of the regional hospitals. But I'll always be around for any updates 😀Thanks for thinking of him.

3 hours ago, Phillip said:

Young Kennedy is really good.  Quick reflexes and brave to boot.  We could use a new keeper at DC United in 8 more years. 

He's certainly not afraid to throw himself into a clutch :good2: He's obviously in pain, though :shok:  I like the throw he has on him, and he managed to palm away the ball once or twice without it landing near an opponent. Bright future, I'd say!

57 minutes ago, Valerie said:

He's obviously in pain, though

I mixed up the order of the saves, you can tell by the daylight... the second save on the clip, you see the first time he gets up rubbing his knee. Middle of the second half, and he had been under fire. It was 1-1 at that point. Then we lost 3-1. Tendon bruise just below his kneecap.

That was Saturday night and he sat out on Sunday and is still icing today. So he was hurting, but not injured... I call him "day to day" 😀

21 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

I read that as Atalanta and wondered why Italian youth teams are travelling around the world right now :face_palm:

He’s all ready better than Kepa, he’s realised the big round thingy shouldn’t go in the big netty thingy :JC_doubleup:

6 hours ago, dkw said:

Does his club accept sponsorhip? Maybe The Shed end can get their name on their shirts, keep track of results etc? 

Sponsor them with what? Non-existent money? :biggrin: 

On 10/11/2020 at 05:10, Skinnedy said:

He has a brilliant anticipation on top of good fundamentals 👍 Very talented lad

37 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Some still seem to believe that Kepa could do well, I simply can't see him playing at all now when we have Mendy.

No, just no.  I get anxious just watching his greatest saves highlight video.  He should still be moved on and we buy another strong keeper at some point to challenge or displace Mendy.  If Donnarumma doesn't sign I can see him at Chelsea.

On 09/11/2020 at 15:10, Skinnedy said:

Look at some of those throws, looks like center fielder out there throwing runners out at the plate.

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Some still seem to believe that Kepa could do well, I simply can't see him playing at all now when we have Mendy.

Kepa's first season he made some really solid saves. So you know the talent is there. I think it might just be one of those situations were his form dipped so low, and his confidence took such a hit that he might have to go back to Spain somewhere where he can get a fresh start. It would do him good, because he has the skill to be a decent keeper.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember reading some thoughts last season that we always had very decent CBs, they were just bereft of confidence with Kepa between the sticks. Now Rudi and Christensen cruised to one against a decent Sevilla side, Rudi and Zouma away against Newcastle (s*it team, traditionally awkward fixture though) can't help but think it was purely down to Kepa (not underestimating Edouard's contribution, which has been immense).