We've got a new Kepa

11 hours ago, BlueDay said:

Kepa was at fault for the goal no doubt about it but I don't think he was helped by Zouma's absolutely embarrassing defending. 

Totally incomparable to the years of Cahill and Terry diving in front of shots

I felt as though Zouma got a lot of unfair criticism for that goal on the match thread, as a CB you would expect him to stop the ball being played across the 6 yard box which he did and the ball was cut back. Clark drifted in from midfield and one of the midfielders should've been tracking his run, either way Kepa should be keeping that out. 

He let Luton back into the game but he also kept them out with that crucial save. Certainly not good enough for us but I’m past criticising him, it’s clear he got big issues mentally. A loan would do him the world of good.

Edited by dansubrosa
1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

He let Luton back into the game but he also kept them out with that crucial save. Certainly not good enough for us but I’m past criticising him, it’s clear he got big issues mentally. A loan would do him the world of good.

Lol.. no one is loaning him. He will be here picking up his wages for the next 3yrs.

4 hours ago, Oli said:

Just seen Matt Law's tweet, seems he got a lot abuse, stuff like that needs to stop. Im all for us talking and critiquing him on fan forums, but the pathetic abuse our own players get onine sometimes is disgusting. 

Certainly is. Probably from the same group of cowards that send racist abuses not fearing consequences. 

7 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I felt as though Zouma got a lot of unfair criticism for that goal on the match thread, as a CB you would expect him to stop the ball being played across the 6 yard box which he did and the ball was cut back. Clark drifted in from midfield and one of the midfielders should've been tracking his run, either way Kepa should be keeping that out. 

I had no idea what Zouma was doing, he was in no mans land. He needed to go to the attacker to block yet he backed right off and was basically doing nothing.

20 hours ago, Salato said:

Transfer window still open another week, seeing yet another mistake makes me think the club should just cut its losses and offload him as soon as a chance to arrives

You're under the impression that we can sell Kepa. 

We can't sell Kepa, for the same reason we can't sell Drinkwater and Bakayoko. He's going to be here for the rest of his contract, it'll take a miracle for someone to sign him and get him off our hands, and with the wages he'll be on, he would be stupid to take a big pay cut. Because at the moment who will even want to offer him 20k a week considering how bad he is lately? 

Anybody heard this rumour (already over here w CFC fans)? Not posting bc I think he’s a mug goalie just wanted any corrobaration. Goes along the lines of-

Frank fell out w Marina in the summer break over benching Kepa and demanding a replacement, allegedly he nearly quit the position over it. This did not go down well with the Russians he’s been a dead man walking since then.

Edited by General
10 hours ago, General said:

Anybody heard this rumour (already over here w CFC fans)? Not posting bc I think he’s a mug goalie just wanted any corrobaration. Goes along the lines of-

Frank fell out w Marina in the summer break over benching Kepa and demanding a replacement, allegedly he nearly quit the position over it. This did not go down well with the Russians he’s been a dead man walking since then.

There's a lot of 'conspiracy' theories going around. One of them was Frank was a stop gap, while the board brought in ze Germans and now a German manager. Makes you wonder.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Early Tuchel prediction. Kepa gets another crack at being 1st choice 'keeper.

I would agree. I imagine the higher up’s view a £70m+ player on over £100k a week with over four years left on his contract as not a good investment while sat on the bench.

I’d imagine one of Tuchel’s objectives will be to coach Kepa back into form, therefore I can see him being given another extended run as the first choice.  

6 minutes ago, Huttsey said:

I would agree. I imagine the higher up’s view a £70m+ player on over £100k a week with over four years left on his contract as not a good investment while sat on the bench.

I’d imagine one of Tuchel’s objectives will be to coach Kepa back into form, therefore I can see him being given another extended run as the first choice.  

I find it difficult to think that any coach would put Kepa back as first choice keeper, but as the quote goes History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.

20 minutes ago, RMH said:

I find it difficult to think that any coach would put Kepa back as first choice keeper, but as the quote goes History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.

Thing is Mendy's form hasn't been much to shout about for about a month now. 

New coach comes in and technically all the players have a blank slate... Supposedly Tuchel is going to play "entertaining" football (I swear I read that about every new manager) so the sweeper keeper style of Kepa might get a second chance. 

Also if the stories today about Kepa being a point of contention with Lampard I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that any incomig coach might be asked to try and prioritse getting a return on recent large investments by trying to get them in form and playing which could see a rise in playing time for not only Kepa but Werner, Jorginho, Havertz and Ziyech. 

Don't be surprised to see someone like Gilmore, who was on the fringes of breaking through into the first team, swiftly sent on loan for the next 18 months. 

3 hours ago, Huttsey said:

Not sure how he is going to coach him into developing stronger wrists

200.gif

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

New coach comes in and technically all the players have a blank slate... Supposedly Tuchel is going to play "entertaining" football (I swear I read that about every new manager) so the sweeper keeper style of Kepa might get a second chance. 

Also if the stories today about Kepa being a point of contention with Lampard I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that any incomig coach might be asked to try and prioritse getting a return on recent large investments by trying to get them in form and playing which could see a rise in playing time for not only Kepa but Werner, Jorginho, Havertz and Ziyech. 

Don't be surprised to see someone like Gilmore, who was on the fringes of breaking through into the first team, swiftly sent on loan for the next 18 months. 

I don't completely disagree with you and that is why I put the quote that history tends to repeat itself but the second time is a farce. I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Kepa back on goal, but it would be a complete farce. If big Pete could not make him a proper keeper, there's no one coming with Tuchel that is going to do it.

I know nobody is happy about Lampard being thrown overboard, but that's no reason to assume the new guy is a complete moron.

Tuchel is a football wonk; I'm sure the fact that Kepa is bad at everything (including his mythical sweeper-keeping) hasn't eluded him. The press have also made it VERY CLEAR that he's no yes man, so why would Tuchel, ahead of anyone, start a plainly inferior player to pacify the board?

19 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Mendy is in my opinion just as good with his feet as Kepa. 

Mendy has been in bad form, but he's not been in league 2 form. Which for me is the standard of keeper Kepa has been for the last 18 months.