Sign in to follow this  
Old Shaggy

Match of the day 2018/19

Last season they made the point that either high scoring games or top of the tables games would be shown first, so what happened yesterday?

I have the strange feeling the BBC editor for MOTD is a Spurs fan.

5 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Last season they made the point that either high scoring games or top of the tables games would be shown first, so what happened yesterday?

I think they went for the 3 newly promoted teams first - which on the first week of the season is probably fair enough

and I think Spurs get favourable coverage because of the Kane, Alli, England etc... 

Edited by carrickblue
added stuff

5 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Didn't I hear somewhere that the MotD producer was Scouse?

4 hours ago, Old Shaggy said:

And to kick it off. Talk about selective editing! They made the game look a lot closer than it was, especially in the second half. They didn't even show Alonso hitting the bar!

MotD has been terrible for a while now, the highlights are awful. They prefer to focus on controversy over good football. Like when Huddersfield appealed for a penalty when David Luiz jumped for a header, that rubbish was shown but Hazard's run at the Huddersfield defence that led to a free kick was edited out. It was the second best piece of football of the match after Hazard's run and assist for Pedro's goal, it should have made the edit.

MotD feels old and dated, the commentators are rubbish, the pundits are worse. MotD2 is a bit better because it actually feels like it has some life to it. 

18 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

MotD has been terrible for a while now, the highlights are awful. They prefer to focus on controversy over good football. Like when Huddersfield appealed for a penalty when David Luiz jumped for a header, that rubbish was shown but Hazard's run at the Huddersfield defence that led to a free kick was edited out. It was the second best piece of football of the match after Hazard's run and assist for Pedro's goal, it should have made the edit.

MotD feels old and dated, the commentators are rubbish, the pundits are worse. MotD2 is a bit better because it actually feels like it has some life to it. 

Sorry mate but its all according to the design........I will bet if one of their darlings had made those runs etc they would show it. Why wasnt Edens's run displayed.......why was alonso's not shown.......why was fred's kick-out not shown..........yes motd is horrible but above all else incredibly vile and biased. Having a big Russian owner is big no no, I can promise you that much.

On 12/08/2018 at 13:59, DiegoCostaForever said:

The fking Scousers are so easy on the eye. I am glad we got Sarri and no negative manager.

This is getting boring now, some idiot claiming to be one of us, probably some f**kwit who's been banned  before,  back under a new name.  Sooner they get banned again,  the better as far as I'm concerned.

9 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

We could win 20-0 with the most eye catching football you’ve ever seen and we’d still be on dead last with the briefest of highlights. 

Exactly why we do need it

It gives us a chance to let off steam when we think the world is against our club and it's fans.

Interestingly I belong to another CFC forum and they have a similar thread.