Now on a migrated server, any problems CLICK HERE

Londonisblue

UEFA Nations League 2018/2019

On 13/10/2018 at 22:17, robdog said:

and prays go out to the Boateng family - not sure how long Jerome Boeteng will recover from his broken ankles

:Troll_Face:

Not the first time Boateng has done that, I remember him trying to tackle like that versus Messi. He makes himself look very average when he does this.

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Not the first time Boateng has done that, I remember him trying to tackle like that versus Messi. He makes himself look very average when he does this.

If I was the gaffer for Die Mannschaft Rüdiger>>>Boateng - hell you can just compare their club campaign Rüdiger is looking a lot more solid in the back than Boateng

Rofl people still not resisting taking digs at Morata who comes on in the 72nd minute, long after Spain conceded 3 and only managed to pull one back. 

I mean I guess it saves Alonso from being criticised for being part of the defence that conceded 3 in the first half.

The biggest problem of England though is : the lack, apart from Barkley, of a holding midfielder with technique (i.e, a jorginho/n°10) and a decent CDM (RLC > Dier) !! Also, the fullbacks did not reallly impress yesterday apart that tackle deflecting asensio's shot I believe. Also, Pickford nearly did a david james haha! 

Decent performance from England last night. The highlight for me though was the Dier challenge on Ramos. Obviously no fan of Dier (for England and even less for Sp*rs), but love to see Ramos get done and the boy did good!

31 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

Fluke result for England, Spain are so much better a team.

23 shots to 5

72.9% possession to 27.1

91% pass completion to 77 

What good is topping the stats if you don't stick it in the onion bag? 

I mean if England scored 3 goals from 5 shots then their conversion ratio is something to be applauded and it shows efficiency and ruthlessness in front of goal. 

What good is having 70% of the ball if you do nothing with it, much like we saw with Chelsea against West Ham. 

43 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

Spain are so much better a team.

They are a better team, but it was no fluke, with so much possession it brings danger, we've seen it here at Chelsea this season, if you have a lot of the ball you are more at danger of losing the ball in areas where most of your team are in front of the ball, and if you have some fast forwards you can take advantage of it, which is exactly what they did. It was really simple, all the goals were created in open play with half the Spanish team in front of the ball.

9 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Anyone watching France - Germany on sky? Is it Paul Walsh commentating that needs to shut the f**k up?

Watching on French tv. The commentators are so fcuking annoying ... And completely useless and say a lot of fcuking BS !!! Giroud is a liability !!! France have so many talents upfront it's a damn shame Deschamps does not play any of these players instead ! He's good enough with Chelsea, I agree. But everyone would agree it's good since we can't afford better. But France should drop him asap !!

On 14/10/2018 at 16:41, Londonisblue said:

Interesting upcoming fixtures in the League of Nations :

11/10/2018 at 7:45 pm

Poland 2 - 3 Portugal

Israel 2 - 1 Scotland

11/10/2018 at 8:45 pm

Russia 0 - 0 Sweden 

12/10/2018 at 7:45 pm

Belgium 2 - 1 Switzerland

Croatia 0 - 0 England

Austria 1 - 0 Nothern Ireland

13/10/2018 at 7:45 pm

Netherlands 3 - 0 Germany

Ireland 0 - 0 Denmark

14/10/2018 at 5 pm

Russia 2 - 0 Turkey

14/10/2018 at 7:45 pm

Poland 0 - 1 Italy

15/10/2018 at 7:45 pm

Spain 2 - 3 England

Bosnia Herzegovina 2-0 Nothern Ireland

16/10/2018 at 7:45 pm

France 2 - 1 Germany

Ireland 0 - 1 Wales

Ukraine 1 - 0 Czech Republic

And that wraps up the UEFA Nations League for this month !! France gets away with a win à la française, i.e, 20 minutes of dominance and a super inspiration from Griezmann and Mbappé (great cross by Hernandez). Kanté had a good game overall, not fantastic, but decent and was better in the 2nd half. Germany can have a lot of regrets with all those misses in the 1st half though ... Both pens were soft but justified imo.

Joachim Low likely to be sacked soon anyone reckon?

Six defeats this year, consecutive losses for the first time in 18 years and currently sitting bottom of their group following an underwhelming World Cup. 

It's not like he's got a bad group of players either, there's some massively talented players in that German squad but he doesn't seem to be able to get them to gel now that the team has a different identity to the one he built to win the World Cup. 

14 hours ago, Londonisblue said:

Watching on French tv. The commentators are so fcuking annoying ... And completely useless and say a lot of fcuking BS !!! Giroud is a liability !!! France have so many talents upfront it's a damn shame Deschamps does not play any of these players instead ! He's good enough with Chelsea, I agree. But everyone would agree it's good since we can't afford better. But France should drop him asap !!

I have watched the German tv.

Dramatic sounds. Especially after the game.

On 17/10/2018 at 20:54, Krc-fan said:

Congratulations, TreuBlueBIH!

I remember your game against Belgium last year ans that was very impressive.

Good luck in Wien!

Yeah it was an entertaining game, however Belgium is light years ahead of us. They are on a World Class level, we are more of the unpleasant nations group haha.