Sign in to follow this  
seanlu13913

Premier League Statistical Data

I've started going back to college recently for a masters in statistics and I'm wanting to do a pretty large project/presentation on the Premier League. I'm looking for a easily downloadable dataset starting with the beginning of the league in the 1992-1993 season. Does anyone know where I might be able to find this? I'm looking for w/l/d info, goals for and against, points, etc. Last semester I was able to pull all this data, season by season, starting with the 01/02.

I appreciate any help given.

12 hours ago, seanlu13913 said:

I've started going back to college recently for a masters in statistics and I'm wanting to do a pretty large project/presentation on the Premier League. I'm looking for a easily downloadable dataset starting with the beginning of the league in the 1992-1993 season. Does anyone know where I might be able to find this? I'm looking for w/l/d info, goals for and against, points, etc. Last semester I was able to pull all this data, season by season, starting with the 01/02.

I appreciate any help given.

There is no free dataset for the time period you are looking at. WhoScored is the closest and they only have data from 2008 onwards.

You will probably need to purchase the dataset from Opta.

Results only but I guess you could use some Excel trickery to create a table? Goes back to 93/94 season.

http://www.football-data.co.uk/englandm.php

Or this may be help?

https://opendata.stackexchange.com/questions/3369/any-open-public-data-sets-for-the-english-premier-league-epl

Edited by the special one