Chelsea FC Put Up For Sale - The Sunday Times

3 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

Right.  He was passionate about Chelsea.  He attended a lot of games.  He cheered when we did well.  He sulked when we didn't.  He was at the training ground checking in.  He once brought his kid to Boston for college and pitched up at a local bar to watch Chelsea with a bunch of local supporters.  He cared.  And the UK government has stripped him of his passion by not allowing him to work with his club.  To the point where he wasn't even spotted at any games outside the UK.  I don't blame him at all if he wanted to sell.

So has he been to any Chelsea game this season?

4 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

So has he been to any Chelsea game this season?

We know he hasn't been to any hone games at Stamford Bridge.  I'm fairly certain he hasn't attended any Premier League away or Domestic Cup matches.  I have not seen a single mention over the course of the season where he has attended any away Europa League games this season.  So, I don't believe he's been to a single Chelsea match of any sort this season.

I wonder if he'll be in Boston for the match next week since it was directly arranged between he and Robert Kraft.

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Seriously though, if people are wondering if he isn't as interested in the club as he used to be, then that suspicion is going to intensify if he doesn't make an appearance at the Europa League final.

Maybe he won’t be able to get one of our 6000 tickets ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/05/2019 at 18:54, Scott Harris said:

Seriously though, if people are wondering if he isn't as interested in the club as he used to be, then that suspicion is going to intensify if he doesn't make an appearance at the Europa League final.

D7xNEv0XsAAo5NZ?format=png&name=small

Yep, he was there

this thread has been nothing but speculation. No proof, just a bunch of gossip. 

• 2 months later...

15 hours ago, robdog said:

this thread has aged well - this thread has been nothing but clickbait

You say that but the governments investigation into Russian oligarchs close to Putin has forced RA into stopping the development of Stamford Bridge. He's got the money to do this so he must have doubts about investing in a country that doesn't trust him. If the investigation concludes he hasn't done anything illegal his love affair with Chelsea, and England, may continue but if something untoward is found he may wish to withdraw all his investments in this country. He currently cannot work in this country and hasn't been seen at Stamford Bridge since 2018.

It could be worse if the Government freeze all his assets and as fans we cannot bury our heads in the sand about how this could play out.

7 hours ago, Andy North said:

You say that but the governments investigation into Russian oligarchs close to Putin has forced RA into stopping the development of Stamford Bridge. He's got the money to do this so he must have doubts about investing in a country that doesn't trust him. If the investigation concludes he hasn't done anything illegal his love affair with Chelsea, and England, may continue but if something untoward is found he may wish to withdraw all his investments in this country. He currently cannot work in this country and hasn't been seen at Stamford Bridge since 2018.

It could be worse if the Government freeze all his assets and as fans we cannot bury our heads in the sand about how this could play out.

the fact is the club is not currently up for sale - so far all we have been presented with is speculation & silly rumors

7 hours ago, Andy North said:

The cold war has been on again, I don't blame Trump for that as don't think he controls their foreign policy, our government was looking for a market in the Baltics for arms sales I expect so had to big up the Russian threat. Unfortunately for Chelsea, RA is caught in the middle as he has interests in both countries yet neither likes the other. At first glance his move to Israel appears clever yet Russia and Israel have sometimes been at loggerheads and militarily Israel is close to the US, the senate votes to give them arms aid every year. He might need to make another decision and move before long.

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

The cold war has been on again, I don't blame Trump for that as don't think he controls their foreign policy, our government was looking for a market in the Baltics for arms sales I expect so had to big up the Russian threat. Unfortunately for Chelsea, RA is caught in the middle as he has interests in both countries yet neither likes the other. At first glance his move to Israel appears clever yet Russia and Israel have sometimes been at loggerheads and militarily Israel is close to the US, the senate votes to give them arms aid every year. He might need to make another decision and move before long.

You can't blame trumpito. He is a Russian Asset. Dude wants to take down both NATO & the EU. He has some people believing that these entities are controlled by the Deep State. I am kidding you at all. People actually believe this.

37 minutes ago, robdog said:

You can't blame trumpito. He is a Russian Asset. Dude wants to take down both NATO & the EU. He has some people believing that these entities are controlled by the Deep State. I am kidding you at all. People actually believe this.

I think he just wanted the NATO countries to put 2% of GDP into their military and the only countries that did this were the UK, Poland next to the pro-Russian countries and Greece who shares a land border with their last enemy Turkey.

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 15:46, robdog said:

the fact is the club is not currently up for sale - so far all we have been presented with is speculation & silly rumors

I accept a sale is speculation but the ban on RA working in this country and not going to the bridge for a year are facts and not silly rumours.

As a fan I don't have too much of a problem with a potential sale if the buyer has money and is prepared to continue with the plans for the stadium. A new injection of cash would be a good thing for the club.

4 minutes ago, Andy North said:

I accept a sale is speculation but the ban on RA working in this country and not going to the bridge for a year are facts and not silly rumours.

As a fan I don't have too much of a problem with a potential sale if the buyer has money and is prepared to continue with the plans for the stadium. A new injection of cash would be a good thing for the club.

But you have completely missed the most endearing thing that Roman brings to this club and us supporters, he is literally one of us, he feels it like us, we would struggle to find another owner with that spiritual attachment.

1 minute ago, coco said:

But you have completely missed the most endearing thing that Roman brings to this club and us supporters, he is literally one of us, he feels it like us, we would struggle to find another owner with that spiritual attachment.

I hear what you're saying but if he can't operate in this country, he literally cannot be one of us. I love the way he has sat in with the fans and walked down Fulham Rd but if the Government stop him from working here he has a big problem.

I say "if" the government because it was Theresa May who instigated the investigation and ban and she has gone. How Boris views this is anybody's guess but if Brexit happens the Ruskies might just get a bit more leeway with inward investment.