coco

PAOK Salonika V Chelsea (EL) Thurs 20th Sep 17:55 UK

3 hours ago, Nick4 said:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Get your facts straight. And it's PAOK, not paok.

Right, and I think we should also call them by their full name, which is 'Pan-Thessalonian Athletic Club of Constantinopolitans' . Or in Greek  'Πανθεσσαλονίκειος Αθλητικός Όμιλος Κωνσταντινουπολιτών'.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to the match against Πανθεσσαλονίκειος Αθλητικός Όμιλος Κωνσταντινουπολιτών tonight. It'll be good to see a few fringe players get a run out in a competitive game. I have to be honest, I don't particularly care about the competition at all and the league should be our priority but I always want to see us win. 

2 minutes ago, Nick4 said:

They have more titles yes but as of now PAOK is a better team.

What aek does the last two years is trying to steal games with their good defense. 

Do you know how they call their president? Mr. Krabs

How do you expect them to win Ajax?

A good defense wins titles. We of all people should know that.

So by your reckoning, Aek have a better defense than PAOK? (shown by the fact Aek lost 2 games last year and PAOK lost 5). So yeah, as was originally said, we should absolutely spank PAOK.

I told you why aek lost 2 and we lost 5. We lost the game againt them at the court, that's the one game (after ref decided to not count our goal 5 minutes after counting it). The other one we lost was at the match against olympiacos because a piece of toilet paper reached olympiacos' coach and he lied down nearly dead.

You know nothing about greek football and how things work out here. 

My point is that game you saw yesterday is a disrespect to football itself and certainly not the way the best greek team (PAOK) plays. After all we eliminated Basel, Spartak Moscow and scored 2 goals to benfica. They scored to us 5 (3 penalties).

ΠΑΟΚ να σαι και να μη φοβάσαι.

Lets have a good game tonight.

Edited by Nick4

1 hour ago, dhidza said:

Kepa

Zappa   Christensen  Rudiger  Alonso

Jorginho

Kante            Barkley

Moses       Morata      Willian

3-0 Chelsea 

I think that is a very likely line up. 

Hopefully see Ampadu and CHO second half.

7 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

How is everybody feeling about the match?

I feel a hard fought 2-1 win for Chelsea.

I really don't want a hard fought victory - I hope we just get into a smooth 2 nill lead by half time!!  Want to enjoy my whisky watching good possession football without stress please!

6 minutes ago, dhidza said:

I really don't want a hard fought victory - I hope we just get into a smooth 2 nill lead by half time!!  Want to enjoy my whisky watching good possession football without stress please!

since this will be our reserve team & playing in a hostile environment, don't be surprised if the match is tight

Nick man, can you chill?

Χαλαρωσε λιγο ρε αδελφακι, τη Τσελσι παιζεις οχι τη Λαρισα

I know you're a paok fan but damn, you need to tone it down

I watch greek football week in week out and imo aek is the better team. Better than paok, better than olympiakos etc etc etc

They're at 9/9 and have still to concede in the league

Now with that said, it's gonna be a tight man in Toumba lads, I wouldn't mind a draw. We should and will be aiming for the dub though!

Come on you blues! This competition is ours to win

35 minutes ago, Eden17 said:

Nick man, can you chill?

Χαλαρωσε λιγο ρε αδελφακι, τη Τσελσι παιζεις οχι τη Λαρισα

I know you're a paok fan but damn, you need to tone it down

I watch greek football week in week out and imo aek is the better team. Better than paok, better than olympiakos etc etc etc

They're at 9/9 and have still to concede in the league

Now with that said, it's gonna be a tight man in Toumba lads, I wouldn't mind a draw. We should and will be aiming for the dub though!

Come on you blues! This competition is ours to win

In my opinion και in my opinion αλλά στα ΡΜ φίλε δεν είχα κανένα επιχείρημα, κατεβατά σου έγραφα και εσύ απαντούσες "θα δούμε". Εξήγησε μου λοιπόν με επιχειρήματα σε μήνυμα γιατί το πιστεύεις και τα λέμε.

As i said, let's hope that it's going to be a good game. Ending it here.

12 minutes ago, mad_mac said:

in asking for a stream already.  US based, and not being shown on my TV provider out here.  Thanks 

B/R Live will have the stream... there is a paywall but if you haven't signed up there is a free preview.  Not sure how long the preview lasts or if you have a pick of the match. It says $2.99, but I don't know if that is a $2.99 fee per match, or per week or what.

TNT getting rights to Champions and Europa League in the states is criminal. As much as I dislike Fox Sports, they at least showed multiple matches each match day on TV and then streamed every match online. TNT not showing a single Europa League match until the final is ridiculous. (I'll admit, if we weren't in the Europa League, I wouldn't care.)

1 minute ago, PedroMendez said:

way too strong imo

bench also doesn't include CHO or Ampadu sigh 

Was just about to post this, fairly happy with the lineup but as you said its disappointing not to see CHO and Ampadu. Was also hoping for a RLC start, but its clear he'll be coming on in the second half (I hope)

Either way, good to see Christensen-Rudiger at the back as a pairing. I suppose this will be the toughest game of the group, so if we destroy them then the other games we can play a even weaker side

Hmm.

Very disappointed not to see CHO or Ampadu involved.

Can only imagine what with it being away, and arguably the hardest fixture of the group, Sarri just wants 3 points in the bag.

Might see more of the younger lot in the home game when we have some points on the board..

29 minutes ago, mad_mac said:

in asking for a stream already.  US based, and not being shown on my TV provider out here.  Thanks 

that is because English Broadcast of The Europa League is being shown on Bleacher Report. Univision will show the Spanish Broadcast, but Chelsea won't be the marquee match-up. That will be AC Milan. Sorry bro, but that is how it goes here.

If that's the actual line up then that's good.  I am happy with that!  We have easier opponents in Europa after this one and so the youth should play all those games.  This is our toughest match in the Europa group stage and we need to make a statement.  

Edited by dhidza

19 minutes ago, PedroMendez said:

way too strong imo

bench also doesn't include CHO or Ampadu sigh 

that looks pretty official to me - this is the graphic I found from the Chelsea twitter feed

DnjJMMwW4AE2Ofj.jpg

I can understand no involvement of youth. Sarri wants the first 11 + subs to get used to each other and the style, can't be flipping and flopping. Would have been nice to have CHO and Ampadu on the bench to come on, but this is a game he'll wanna win. I can see more chance for the young guys in the next EL home game. People forget Sarri hasn't been here long and doesn't want to interrupt the team too much by playing two youth players who won't be in the first team or on sub bench all season. 

1 minute ago, comtrend said:

I can understand using a strong lineup to get us going, but I don't really understand what there is to be gained by choosing Moses over CHO as our substitute winger/attacker. 

on that one i agree 100%  - we needed more youth subs on the bench.  I am just guessing he is trying to protect the kid cause i think its going to be physical game with PAOK at home fighting for everything