Liverpool V Chelsea (LC) Wed 26th Sep 19:45 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

^^ Caballero is the second choice keeper so he will definitely start.^^ Kovacic will be rested to, most likely for Fabregas or Barkley.

But yeah I will be absolutely fuming if I do not see CHO starting from the off. He will tear Clyne apart.

12 hours ago, STATS said:

^^ Caballero is the second choice keeper so he will definitely start.^^ Kovacic will be rested to, most likely for Fabregas or Barkley.

But yeah I will be absolutely fuming if I do not see CHO starting from the off. He will tear Clyne apart.

Hope you are right about CHO, I've only  seen him once against top opposition and he never went on the outside.

Personally don't think tiredness was the factor at the weekend, we were slow in the final third and our only real goal threat in Pedro's absence, Hazard, seemed determined not to take a shot on himself.

I don't know what our best solution is up top. There maybe is an opportunity for Hudson Odoi here if Pedro's unavailable, but I think there's probably a good few midfielders ahead of him in the pecking order, I suspect Moses will come in if two of the regular three wingers are left out.

I'd quite like to see Barkley in Kante's role, with Loftus Cheek in Kovacic's. Maybe a pipe dream, but for me there's a bit more attacking threat there, even if we lose that defensive tenacity.

Minutes for Christensen is a must for me too. I'd imagine Cesc and Zappacosta will play also, although for both its surely a case of match fitness for injury cover, I can't see either fitting in our strongest XI.

No idea how much Liverpool will rotate but I can't see us making as many changes as we did in Europe. Every cup competion's important, and continuity in the new system just as much. Looking forward to it, hope we can react to the weekend's disappointment with a big win here.

Real shame that RLC is injured for this one, as I think this may have been the game he was handed a start.

We really need every advantage we can get for the league game on Saturday, and combined with the fact we looked slightly lethargic on Sunday after playing mid-week, I would use the squad and play the following:

Kepa

Zappacosta   Cahill  Christensen  Emerson

Fabregas

Kante              Barkley

Moses              Mortata              CHO

A team that is set up to play "Sariball" with Fabregas in the Jorginho role, but with only Kante & Kepa who will play the full 90 on Saturday (I would imagine). Kante is a machine and capable of playing two games in a week, and I think we could really use the steel in midfield for this game. 

We would all welcome some changes but still have a balanced team to get us a result.  I would like to have the following line up

Kepa

Azpi       Christensen    Cahill      Emerson

Ngolo             Ampadu

Barkley or Cesc

Willian            Morata          Odoi

Think this side will be good enough to trouble the liverpool side which will also have changes.  Its a shame RLC is not fit for this match otherwise would have wanted him on as well.  

SUBS:   Hazard   Kovacic   Moses   Alonso   Giruod   Cesc/Brakley  Caballero  

Looking forward to a very entertaining match and hopefully a win

Fingers crossed, tonight Hudson Odoi will break onto the scene, this could be his big chance. Just as we dropped our first points, neither striker looking much to talk about, the attack looking a bit stale. CHO couldn't pick a better moment to impress.

7 hours ago, erskblue said:

I was quite laid back about this game, until today.

Go on Chelsea.

I always want us to beat Liverpool.

I have news for you, Klopp says he wants to win too. Something is going to have to give - I like what Zola said, "We are a bit greedy & want to beat L'poo in both matches" :Troll_Face:

Edited by robdog