Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

enigma

Roman ready to sell?

Recommended Posts



1 hour ago, Anthony91 said:

Roman Abramovich is ready to sell Chelsea if he receives an offer in excess of £2.5billion for the football club

It was £3 billion yesterday. Amazing how quickly he's supposedly decided to lop half a billion off the price..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I don't get is the "Abramovitch will get bored of you lot, sell Chelsea - and then you are getting relegated within a year" narrative.

He stopped pumping money into the club years ago. Chelsea have been balancing books much better than a lot of other clubs for years. Clubs (apart from Newcastle may be) do not get bought to be stripped of assets and driven down the hole.

If - and it's a huge if - he ever does sell, who is to say that that will have a detrimental affect? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a weird one, being a Chelsea fan with Roman as the owner. He's done so much for the club, you want to support him and dismiss all these accusations and such people throw his way, but if you take a step back from football and look at everything being said, he probably is a dodgy as f**k character, with ties high up into the Russian government. You don't become a Russian oil billionaire any other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anthony91 said:

Roman Abramovich is ready to sell Chelsea if he receives an offer in excess of £2.5billion for the football club

Thank you for this inside information, please relay any more details that Roman passes on to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kentonio said:

It was £3 billion yesterday. Amazing how quickly he's supposedly decided to lop half a billion off the price..

Must have found some damp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RA has about 15 Billion $, may be more. If he gets 3 or even 4 Billion $ for Chelsea, what would he have won? Where should be the benefit from this big sale? Nothing would change his life to better - exept that he wouldn´t own the best football club on the planet.

RA needs 3 or 4 Billion $ as much, as I need 3 or 4 toothpicks. When he asked a Bank to calculate the value of our club, this is a legal and regular procedure as a businessman, who wants to know, what he could ecpect getting for it. Shareholders like me do that on a daily basis, without reaching those hights.

He (still) loves the club, the supporters, the players and everyone in blue out there - why should he risk of falling out of grace with so many?

Whatever he did to become billionaire in Russia once - every man should be given the possibility to change his ways. Since he bougth the club in 2003, I have never ever heard or read of any illegal action of him, not in his private life, not as our boss.

Come back RA, with what passport soever, and build us New Stamford Bridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a hunch ( I know .... all about his inner workings like everyone else), he bought a football club to raise his profile- less likely to get bumped off or labelled persona non grata by the Kremlin if he had a high profile rather than an anonymous billionaire, no matter how well he gets on with Putin.

Since ownership it’s become an important hobby of his ( rich mans trainset, and he has developed affection for the club), less so the last few years ( he’s been pumping serious dough into art)

He’s probably taking instruction from Putin to some extent now- if the country doesn’t need you then you don’t need them etc etc.

Reiterating, I know sod all, so educated guesswork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Just a hunch ( I know .... all about his inner workings like everyone else), he bought a football club to raise his profile- less likely to get bumped off or labelled persona non grata by the Kremlin if he had a high profile rather than an anonymous billionaire, no matter how well he gets on with Putin.

Since ownership it’s become an important hobby of his ( rich mans trainset, and he has developed affection for the club), less so the last few years ( he’s been pumping serious dough into art)

He’s probably taking instruction from Putin to some extent now- if the country doesn’t need you then you don’t need them etc etc.

Reiterating, I know sod all, so educated guesswork.

Interesting theory, although if his intentions when he bought the club, we're to raise his profile and celebrity, then you would have expected him to give an interview or 2, especially in the beginning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roman Abramovich has been looking to sell Chelsea for a few months because of financial problems. Pini Zahavi has the sales mandate of the club. In early September, a meeting with Paul Allen owner of the Portland Blazers NBA franchise was held in New York.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so you guys know, apparently he's been a great owner for the Blazers. Also, Paul Allen co-founded Microsoft with Bill Gates. A pretty impressive businessman and he's worth $20+ billion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...