coco

Chelsea V MOL Vidi (EL) Thurs 4th Oct 20:00 UK

First off- none of our youngsters will be playing tonight, so get that thought out of your head.

We'll likely see Cahill, Emerson, Fabregas, Moses, Willian come in, with Morata (give him a chance to score a goal and gain confidence against this detritus team) up top.

Hoping we don't make such heavy work of them (T-Mobile, VideoMOL, MolVidi, I don't know) as we did in the last EL fixture.

3-0 Chels. 

RLC, CHO and Ampadu must be given minutes to play.

Without these minutes we won't be available to watch the best of them.

We should win this game, keep our winning game streak and aim as high as possible. COME ON CHELS!!!!

Hi (and apologies that it is my first message for that here). I am going tonight to Vidi game and have 2 spare tickets in West Stand lower I can sell at face value (£20 each). Please pm me if interested. I am going to the game myself. :)  

I think 4-0 for Chelsea tonight. :)

I was fascinated to learn that this club reached the 84/85 Uefa Cup Final losing to Real Madrid over two legs and knocking out Dukla Praha, PSG and Man Utd on route to the final. The days when you didn't need to spend half a billion quid and come from one of four countries just to stand an outside chance of reaching a cup final.

Edited by Snedger

I really hope we play CHO he is the reason i was pleased we made the Europa league this season as i thought he would be given starts in this competition, also would love to see Ampadu and Loftus Cheek get starts but I am sure Sarri is going to make sure we get the 3 points by playing the experienced players.

Players like Moses and Emerson do need game time as well and they will be knocking on the managers door to make sure they get their fair share of game time.

Come on the Chels!!!!

Edited by Juan Nil

6 hours ago, Old Shaggy said:

You can't get excited for a Chelsea game!? :face_palm:

Excited, fidgety, nervous, worried, buzzing na not for a europa league game against Mol Vidi football club who changed their name from Videoton fc.

But then again i don't get excited about a lot of things nowadays. :691:

First live 'competitive' game of the season hopefully we can put on a show as no matter what team we put out we should have more than enough. It will be interesting to see the progression since pre-season.

Also if we don't see atleast 2 of ampadu, loftus or Hudson Odoi I will be a little dissapointed.

C'mon you Blues!

1 hour ago, Kev56 said:

Excited, fidgety, nervous, worried, buzzing na not for a europa league game against Mol Vidi football club who changed their name from Videoton fc.

But then again i don't get excited about a lot of things nowadays. :691:

I believe there's a pill for that

I think I've finally come to terms that this club will never use youth, we'll never see English players come through, we'll just continue to buy young players with potential from abroad rather than trust in our own. As long as the club impose these stipulations on every new coach, things will never change. This is a game in which we could risk something new. I don't think I'm even disappointed in Sarri because I believe he's getting his instructions from the powers above. 

This is why it is hard to get excited sometimes with any of our youth, when there is no pathway to the first team.  Arsenal have a tougher game than us tonight and away from home are starting Emile Smith-Rowe who looks very comfortable. Why can CHO not start this? Are our youth ever going to be trusted? Him playing in matchday 4/5 of Europa League won't mean anything. It will just mean that he has played because the team are already through but how can you be convinced over that. Pathetic. CHO could start this game and we would still batter them. The two times we have had a game in the week, we have ended up dropping points at the weekend ffs. Kovacic and one of Pedro/Willian should be rested.

And talking about Smith-Rowe, look who scores. Really disappointed with Sarri after the faith he showed him in pre-season and also started against City in CS and now he has been frozen out.

On 02/10/2018 at 04:32, haidertalal said:

Whats the story ?

The story is that Hudson-Odoi isn’t on the  bench, the story is we have zero faith in an academy we pour bucket loads of money in to.  

I’ll be honest, hope we get the win, but I’ve lost some of my interest. I don’t want to moan, but I back the academy players and I’ll be amazed if CHO and Ampadu don’t leave.

Real shame we won't get to see more youth, but it seems we're really taking this competition seriously. It's a way to get into the CL, so we're being serious about this.

Pretty big risk imo, since it will most likely hinder us in the league.

Guessing Pedro needs the match fitness but i'm surprised to see Kovacic playing. He is a bit of a beast athletically though so he can probably handle it. Maybe Barkley is going to play Sunday? 

Sarri was renowned for his lack of rotation at Napoli & we might just be seeing a less aggressive version of this now re not playing the youth.