Jump to content

Jadon Sancho


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Night-T said:

I am less optimistic than most of you regarding the transfers. We get linked to big players every window.

But the last couple of years it were just rumours. I am probably just protecting myself so I do not get too much disappointed.

But apart from Ziyech, there is nothing more than rumours atm. Even Werner isn’t a done deal. So still a rumour.

I agree,it's all still rumours, until the club announces Warner or anyone else it's just us supporters dreaming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, evissy said:

Didn't do that much against Dusseldorf. Dire performance by Dortmund really. Struggling against a low block defence.

Think the issue was playing Brandt as the frontman against a team sitting deep. He was still one of their better players though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Seems like he is off to United, which I think is probably fine. I did want him at the club initially, but after Ziyech, Werner and now seemingly Havertz, I think we are well stocked in the forward department.

Defence and a GK please!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the numbers being reported are true, he is going to cost United over £200M over 5 years, in terms of transfer fee, wages (an eye-watering £342K a f**king week !!!!) and no doubt his agent is rinsing United for an 8 figure sum as well ... god it would be funny if he bombed ... he'll make Sanchez look like a great deal with any luck 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not want him any longer.

He is a fantastic player for sure, and he will improve any side he joins, but seeing as we already purchased Ziyech, Werner and imminently Havertz it would be massively wasted funds that should be prioritised on defensive needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KaiHakimTimo said:

Do not want him any longer.

He is a fantastic player for sure, and he will improve any side he joins, but seeing as we already purchased Ziyech, Werner and imminently Havertz it would be massively wasted funds that should be prioritised on defensive needs.

Maybe Roman decides he wants to make a real statement.

Rice

Havertz Mount

Ziyech  Werner  Sancho

 

😉

Edited by axman2526
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

If the numbers being reported are true, he is going to cost United over £200M over 5 years, in terms of transfer fee, wages (an eye-watering £342K a f**king week !!!!) and no doubt his agent is rinsing United for an 8 figure sum as well ... god it would be funny if he bombed ... he'll make Sanchez look like a great deal with any luck 🤣

Doesn't surprise me, utd have the most idiotic transfer policy going, and with Oli not having a clue, it will be amusing to watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Utd have the money. They generate much more revenue than us. However I think they have a very unhealthy wage structure there. I am glad we don't have players on loan on 300k a week...

I think Sancho is a massive signing for them and the league. His ability to make goals is something different.

I am not 100% confident Ole is their answer. For me they still have no apparent style or system. They got out of their dip because of Fernandes and the fact their attackers scored from every shot. When that evens out you don't know what is coming from them. They have brilliant talent in the squad and some world beaters.

Someone like Klopp would have delivered 2 titles by now for them I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, dkw said:

Hes obviously a hell of a player but his attitude is definitely questionable and would have been a worry if we signed him. 

I won't lie I was a bit gutted when it became obvious he wasn't coming here, i brought into the romance of him coming to the club he supports and mixing with our academy lads (all of whom he's good mates with).

But since it's become clear we're getting Ziyech, Werner and especially Havertz I genuinely couldn't care less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Argo said:

I won't lie I was a bit gutted when it became obvious he wasn't coming here, i brought into the romance of him coming to the club he supports and mixing with our academy lads (all of whom he's good mates with).

But since it's become clear we're getting Ziyech, Werner and especially Havertz I genuinely couldn't care less.

He's a snake. He was good mates with all our academy players, but somehow Rashford essentially brown-nosed his way into being Sancho's mate so he could go there instead

Edited by driller97
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, driller97 said:

He's a snake. He was good mates with all our academy players, but somehow Rashford essentially brown-nosed his way into being Sancho's mate so he could go there instead

Do we really know it's that? For all we know Lampard could have looked at his disciplinary issues this season decided he was too big a risk in terms of squad makeup and decided to pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not going to change my views on Sancho just because he’s not coming here anymore, that’s knee jerk reaction.

Sancho is a huge talent and he’d definitely take our attack to another level. It makes me laugh how some people are starting to point out his attitude issues or the potential of him being a flop, why didn’t they say any of that when we were linked to him?

I’d love to have Sancho, United are very lucky to have him. He’s just not what we require anymore, after recent signings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I’m not going to change my views on Sancho just because he’s not coming here anymore, that’s knee jerk reaction.

Sancho is a huge talent and he’d definitely take our attack to another level. It makes me laugh how some people are starting to point out his attitude issues or the potential of him being a flop, why didn’t they say any of that when we were linked to him?

I’d love to have Sancho, United are very lucky to have him. He’s just not what we require anymore, after recent signings.

I've said a long time ago that I felt his attitude was questionable. Yes he's clearly talented but personally I've never really wanted him at Chelsea. Though they're completely different players, I'm glad we're going after Kai Havertz instead.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I’m not going to change my views on Sancho just because he’s not coming here anymore, that’s knee jerk reaction.

Sancho is a huge talent and he’d definitely take our attack to another level. It makes me laugh how some people are starting to point out his attitude issues or the potential of him being a flop, why didn’t they say any of that when we were linked to him?

I’d love to have Sancho, United are very lucky to have him. He’s just not what we require anymore, after recent signings.

Yeah lets not go down to Utd fans level. They did that with the whole Hazard Kagawa transfer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have loved Sancho, he has superstar potential and could become one of the best players in the world. I feel we walked away due to the combined cost it would take to bring him here, he's likely to cost over 100 million, have astronomical wages and huge agent fees 

I would be massively gutted that we are going to miss out on him but I feel Havertz is equally as talented and fits into our system much better. We also have the likes of Pulisic, CHO, Werner and Ziyech so Sancho isn't needed as much

In the last two years Sancho has scored 31 goals and contributed 33 assists 

Havertz has scored 35 goals and contributed 14 assists

Sancho obviously has much higher assists but both players make around 2 key passes per game. Sancho also plays in a better team with much better attacking players than Havertz

I don't feel there's a huge amount separating them and feel both players will be amazing signings for who they sign for

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...