Jadon Sancho

On 14/12/2020 at 05:00, icecoolguy22 said:

This maybe the right time to buy Sancho. Pullisic was losing his spot in the team so we got him, this time will be harder but not impossible. Maybe the other players will stay fit if we signed a  serious competition

Sancho's production and confidence is way down. He is not the answer for Chelsea. Hard pass.

• 1 month later...

Linked again due to his price drop. I'm always going to be a fan of this type of player but realistically we don't have space.

Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO are all meant to be first choice starters. Add in the fact Werner, Mount and Havertz can all occupy front roles and we have an overload. Can't really drop £80m on squad depth

True! Besides... I'm curious if Tuchel goes back to switching between 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 5-3-2 (3-5-2)?! If Tuchel insists on playing this 5-3-2 system next year, there is no place for (extra) wingers at all 🙂  Pulicic or Werner can serve as a second striker alongside Tammy or an incoming player. Then there's Havertz who can play a central role, but having Ziyech, CHO and Sancho seems a bit too much. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, PraetorianGuard said:

Dr. Manuel Veth on Twitter: "👀 #CFC https://t.co/cD8fAud8nv" / Twitter

Seems to be hinting at a new rumor he's heard

I'd love the combo of Sancho & Haaland here but for now its just a pipe dream. We are already stacked in attacking players unless we sell a winger its unlikely and its sad since he's a Chelsea fan as well aha

11 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I'd love the combo of Sancho & Haaland here but for now its just a pipe dream. We are already stacked in attacking players unless we sell a winger its unlikely and its sad since he's a Chelsea fan as well aha

Stacked, sure. But underperforming. And we are in the unique situation where all of our attacking players would fetch a price substantially more than what we paid, if sold. Could honestly see either Pulisic or Ziyech being sold, along with Tammy. I think there will be plenty of room for both Haaland and Sancho if that’s the route that’s taken.

1 minute ago, mwblue10 said:

Stacked, sure. But underperforming. And we are in the unique situation where all of our attacking players would fetch a price substantially more than what we paid, if sold. Could honestly see either Pulisic or Ziyech being sold, along with Tammy. I think there will be plenty of room for both Haaland and Sancho if that’s the route that’s taken.

That would be a crazy move seeing that Sancho at some point managed to bench Pulisic at Dortmund, it would be pretty cruel and brutal if we were to give up on Pulisic in order to sign Sancho... But as soon as we sell 1 of our wingers we would really be in a desperate need of another one.

Sancho was amazing last season, now he's only 20 but he's already at 16 assists and 11 goals in 30 games in total, I'd say for a 20 year old that's still super good.

13 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Not that I expect either to come here, but given Dortmunds talent for making money on players imagine if they insisted on say taking Tammy and CHO as part of a double deal for those two?

Given the figures thrown around who is to say they dont still get 150mill plus Tammy and CHO and then sell them for 60mill or more each in 2 or 3 years. Replacements plus the cash they need.

I don't think Sancho is the answer to Chelsea's need for more scoring. He has regressed some in the 20/21 season. I watch Dortmund quite a bit as they are my second favorite team. He seems to lack confidence and is having difficulty beating players off the dribble. Rancho also doesn't seem to be as quick or explosive this year.

In addition to Haaland, I would target Jude Bellingham, 17 year old midfielder. He has size and speed, good passer and he can be physical. 

Some people mentioned it before... Incoming players all depend on TT's preferred system. If he continues to play this 5-3-2 system, there's no place for (extra) wingers it seems. Where are the going to play? If they really intend on going all out for a striker (with Tammy probably leaving), Werner will be the 2nd striker. Where do we fit Pulicic, Havertz, CHO, Ziyech, Mount, Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante and Gilmour?? And RLC, Bakayoko and Barkley if they return 😉 If that's the case, it doen't make much sense bringing in Sancho.

Or do we see Sancho and Havertz as (2nd) strikers as well?! 

18 hours ago, Gol15 said:

That would be a crazy move seeing that Sancho at some point managed to bench Pulisic at Dortmund, it would be pretty cruel and brutal if we were to give up on Pulisic in order to sign Sancho... But as soon as we sell 1 of our wingers we would really be in a desperate need of another one.

Sancho was amazing last season, now he's only 20 but he's already at 16 assists and 11 goals in 30 games in total, I'd say for a 20 year old that's still super good.

I don’t think it would be a possibility at all if it weren’t for Pulisic’s injury record since he’s come here. He’s missed so many games, other than that he’s been a great signing. I’d hope we could keep him and still sign Sancho. Maybe Dortmund would want Ziyech?

46 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

I don’t think it would be a possibility at all if it weren’t for Pulisic’s injury record since he’s come here. He’s missed so many games, other than that he’s been a great signing. I’d hope we could keep him and still sign Sancho. Maybe Dortmund would want Ziyech?

This would be a decent deal but I'm still not willing to write Ziyech off just yet. Out of all the attackers though if one was to go I'd rather it be him since all the others are so young it just feels like déjà vu. Kevin, Mo and Romelu part 2 the sequel 😂😂.

Really I like our attackers and I think we just need reinforcements in def mid and a good striker. Assuming we can get our creative players to create...

1 hour ago, LongtimerLurker said:

This would be a decent deal but I'm still not willing to write Ziyech off just yet. Out of all the attackers though if one was to go I'd rather it be him since all the others are so young it just feels like déjà vu. Kevin, Mo and Romelu part 2 the sequel 😂😂.

Really I like our attackers and I think we just need reinforcements in def mid and a good striker. Assuming we can get our creative players to create...

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a big Ziyech fan and believe he can still come good. But if selling him or using him in a deal gets us Sancho, then bye bye Hakim.

Agreed that the rest of our attack is so young that it’s very risky to sell any of them. Tammy is as good as gone though, if Haaland is signed.

18 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Looks like Haaland has turned us down, do people think Sancho would still be a good project to pursue? I love him but with his projected wages and transfer fee I can't help think the money could be beter placed on more areas in urgent need.

With Giroud leaving we can still have Werner, Tammy and also Havertz as a false 9 as options in attack.

When Tuchel changes the formation to a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 we would have 3 natural wingers so if 1 gets injured we would need to play Pulisic-CHO or Ziyech-CHO every game for 90minutes, getting a winger would be a good investment, Lampard couldn't get the best out of Ziyech and Pulisic this season largely due to the fact that both have been injured and he had no choice but to play Werner or Havertz there in a 4-3-3.

For me it's far more important to get a new CB once T.Silva leaves and a new winger, stability and good deliverly is a must, it won't matter that we buy an epic striker if there is nobody to get him the final ball. I like what I saw from Bamba (Lille) and Sancho is an amazing talent. We also don't really have a classic DM, even if Jorginho has done well he's the only one that can be at the base of the midfield so I would argue that we would also need a new DM (or Gilmour just adapts to that role well enough if possible).

It makes sense if we’ve given up on ziyech. Werner, Sancho, pulisic and Hudson odoi rotating with each other looks good in theory but with ziyech in there as well where do all these players fit in. The other huge question mark is Havertz, where does tuchel see his best position? Will he look to go for the 4-3-3 with havertz and Mount as two box to box midfielders with someone sitting in behind or does he see him as a false 9 in competition with Mount? If he sees him as a winger then I don’t think Sancho would be a signing which makes sense 

Out of all the players on the market Sancho is the closest to Hazard in terms of output for a team. He gets a similar amount of goals and assists each season, always likely to get 10g and 10a each season which is big for a 20yr old.

I like Haaland and we do need an elite attacker but if we really do have money to burn and he doesn't want to come I would go for Jadon. We should be able to get him for under 80m and then a decent striker hopefully below £50. 

My only issue is how stacked we are in attack already. If we stick with 343 I have no idea how we could bench anymore attacking stars unless we were to do a swap or some sales and as I've said before I've not given up on any of our attackers so sadly this is a pupe dream for now.

• 1 month later...

More Sancho rumours doing the rounds. Not sure there is anything to it, as we seem pretty stacked in those attacking midfield areas. 

Really like him as a player though, and who knows, maybe the plan is to just bring another quality attacker if we cant get a true 9 in. 

Pulisic has really come back on as of late. The only way I see us adding Sancho now is if we aren’t bringing in a striker. Maybe Tuchel like the false 9 setup - Sancho can play that role and Tuchel likes Havertz in that setup as well.

I just can't see us spending that kind of money on a winger. He's very good. Dont get me wrong...Chelsea are one if the few teams that can afford him. Y we r even in the conversation.