Old Shaggy

Jadon Sancho

On 08/08/2019 at 14:12, mwblue10 said:

You'd have Pulisic play centrally then?  The only issue I see with buying Sancho is that they are all wingers, and I don't think any are especially suited to a false 9 role, but Pulisic would be the closest as he grew up playing centrally.

Lampard actually mentioned playing Pulisic as a #10 during pre-season.

3 hours ago, JMaher94 said:

Lampard actually mentioned playing Pulisic as a #10 during pre-season.

I think he’d be good there, but it would put one of our other AMs on the bench.

20 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

He's not THAT good. For £150m plus two players, I would be expecting Messi or Ronaldo quality. 

Yeah fair enough. It was based on the the fact that people were saying hes a 200m signing, in which case that was the value I assumed he was.

What I actually think would be worth to pay him is something like 50m + Bats/Willian as he's said to be worth 90m on the market

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10260203/chelsea-transfer-jadon-sancho/

I know it’s the Sun, but Simon Phillips is someone who actually is a reasonable journalist.  He must have just freelanced for them, as he normally sticks to twitter and talkchelsea.

He makes some interesting points about how, basically, all signs point to and everything makes sense for Jadon Sancho to come to Chelsea.

I'm still unsure if I actually want Sancho. It's not that I don't think he is a good player, I'm just not sure he is the type of player we need. I think we need to target a player with a similar style as Willian, but with more consistent end product. Sancho could upset the balance we have.

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm still unsure if I actually want Sancho. It's not that I don't think he is a good player, I'm just not sure he is the type of player we need. I think we need to target a player with a similar style as Willian, but with more consistent end product. Sancho could upset the balance we have.

I’m inclined to agree with you, but I think the one thing that Sancho has going for him is that he loves Chelsea - so he would fit right in with our other youngsters in that regard.

I think Pulisic could end up being the player you described here - industriousness is there and his end product is already as good, if not better, than Willian’s.  Ball retention needs work to match Willian, but that should come.

I think people keep forgetting he is 19, he is a scary prospect and if there is any chance we could get him we will be mad not to.

If your front 3 is producing regularly, let the opposition worry about stopping them instead of worrying about their defensive contributions. I never see the defensive aspect of a Sane, Sterling, Salah or a Mane ever being brought up in any discussion.

On 03/11/2019 at 13:17, mwblue10 said:

I’m inclined to agree with you, but I think the one thing that Sancho has going for him is that he loves Chelsea - so he would fit right in with our other youngsters in that regard.

I think Pulisic could end up being the player you described here - industriousness is there and his end product is already as good, if not better, than Willian’s.  Ball retention needs work to match Willian, but that should come.

He's a Chelsea fan? Where did you see this? 

I think he'd be a luxury at this point given the wing players we have that are doing the business. I suppose the versitilty that we have in that band of three would allow us to rotate 4 players in and out but then RLC will have to play further back. 

3 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

He's a Chelsea fan? Where did you see this? 

I think he'd be a luxury at this point given the wing players we have that are doing the business. I suppose the versitilty that we have in that band of three would allow us to rotate 4 players in and out but then RLC will have to play further back. 

It was news to me too, but apparently he grew up a Chelsea fan.  Some others have posted about it, and supposedly he’s admitted he was a boyhood Chelsea fan in an interview.

This is the year to get him imo barring a sharp decline. I'd reckon if another team gets him this season then we'd be wise to look for someone else

On 04/11/2019 at 11:01, Imran_CFC said:

I think we need to invest in a player who can play on the wing and be shifted into the Number 9 position if needed (Dybala?) 

Gerard Moreno - plays both at CF and right flank - 8 goals 3 assists in 13 appearances in La Liga this season.

6 hours ago, the special one said:

Gerard Moreno - plays both at CF and right flank - 8 goals 3 assists in 13 appearances in La Liga this season.

lmao no thanks, much rather go for a proven star like Dybala instead of a nobody

On 11/11/2019 at 12:32, the special one said:

Another crazy suggestion! 28 year old Spanish forward, who has had an unspectacular career before this season, hits a purple patch in form, so immediately he would be a good siging for us? 

Looks like the sort of player that Southampton, newcastle, or Villa would take a punt on.

On 11/11/2019 at 20:32, the special one said:

Soton level player

I was never on the Sancho train until today.  Willian, Pedro and possibly CHO offer no goal scoring threat on the wing.

As I mentioned in the match thread, Pulisic is not a like to like replacement for Hazard as he doesn't score many goals (creative winger).

I'd be in for Sancho, Chilwell and a backup striker in the summer.

1 hour ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

I was never on the Sancho train until today.  Willian, Pedro and possibly CHO offer no goal scoring threat on the wing.

As I mentioned in the match thread, Pulisic is not a like to like replacement for Hazard as he doesn't score many goals (creative winger).

I'd be in for Sancho, Chilwell and a backup striker in the summer.

Agree with your overall point here but you’re harsh on CHO.  He’s certainly a threat to score on the wing, and today he was very direct and did some nice things.  I expect him to be a regular starter in the near future, with an uptick in goal contribution.

That said, if we do sign the players you’ve suggested, I’d be pretty happy with it.  I’ve been on board with signing Sancho, while the Chilwell signing is something I could talk myself into liking.

Side note, Sancho scored a fantastic goal against Barcelona the other night.

45 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Sancho would never come here, he’d get in to debt paying his fines for being late for everything!

If he does come thinking that he can manage it all, it would be great. A good talent that is also funding our next transfer in multiple ways, Marina can't go wrong with this one!