Old Shaggy

Jadon Sancho

We're interested and I think we'll get him over the chasing pack for various reasons.

Hudson Odoi - Pulisic - Sancho will be an elite attacking midfield, all under the age of 21.

2 hours ago, JMaher94 said:

We're interested and I think we'll get him over the chasing pack for various reasons.

Hudson Odoi - Pulisic - Sancho will be an elite attacking midfield, all under the age of 21.

On paper I agree but too FIFA 20 for me, I expect our goals conceded to rocket next season

Edited by the special one

4 hours ago, the special one said:

On paper I agree but too FIFA 20 for me, I expect our goals conceded to rocket next season

Why would you expect that? Would sancho be that much of downgrade on willian defensively, that we would concede significantly more goals?

Seems a pretty flawed argument. 

22 minutes ago, big blue said:

Why would you expect that? Would sancho be that much of downgrade on willian defensively, that we would concede significantly more goals?

Seems a pretty flawed argument. 

Villa's goal tonight came from the left flank, Pulisic nowhere to be seen. Dortmund 5th below Leipzig and Schalke and struggle to keep clean sheets.

I don't doubt he's an exceptional talent but I think we'll be exposed too easily on the flanks imho. New Jesper Gronkjear 😛

Edited by the special one

Chelsea are ready to break their transfer record in the pursuit of Borussia Dortmund's wantaway forward Jadon Sancho and are confident about their chances of landing him ahead of Manchester United either in January or next summer.

The Blues are pressing ahead with transfer plans, despite their current ban on signing players, with a Court of Arbitration for Sport [CAS] appeal verdict due any day, and are willing to pay more than the £72 million they stumped up to capture goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga from Athletic Club last year.

Sancho enjoys a close relationship with a number of Chelsea players, including England team-mates Tammy Abraham and Callum Hudson-Odoi, and hails from London.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/chelsea-jadon-sancho-transfer-manchester-united/115m98b4nswmo1k5v03c8xklik

I have nothing against Jadon Sancho, I think he's very good for his age and doing good at Dortmund. My problem is players demanding too much these days, he's only 21 and has a long career in front of him and I exepct humanility from all these players who are nominated to be the next big things in football.

I've read few reports that Sancho requests to leave, he decided to come late after the Internationals. I don't know how true all this, but at his age, all he has to do is respect the club he plays for and do his best in every training, game.

If we can get the best of him and get real professionalism of him, then it would be an incredible addition to our squad. He offers a lot in his game, creativity, dribbling, speed. He can assist, he can score.

I just hope it won't be the Pogba situation, I want us to buy the real ballers.

2 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

I have nothing against Jadon Sancho, I think he's very good for his age and doing good at Dortmund. My problem is players demanding too much these days, he's only 21 and has a long career in front of him and I exepct humanility from all these players who are nominated to be the next big things in football.

I've read few reports that Sancho requests to leave, he decided to come late after the Internationals. I don't know how true all this, but at his age, all he has to do is respect the club he plays for and do his best in every training, game.

If we can get the best of him and get real professionalism of him, then it would be an incredible addition to our squad. He offers a lot in his game, creativity, dribbling, speed. He can assist, he can score.

I just hope it won't be the Pogba situation, I want us to buy the real ballers.

He’s actually only 19.  It’s just how teenagers are, immature and possibly poorly advised.  Look at the CHO situation.

Seems like all signs point to Chelsea signing Sancho though.  I know the press is dodgy, but Kinsella is one who doesn’t print a ton of garbage.

2 hours ago, dan_cfc said:

Would prefer Ziyech

Tremendous player who’s just entered his prime.  Not sure he’s cut out to be a winger in the PL though.  Would be better as a number 10 in my opinion.

We seem to go in cycles of nationality in our player recruitment, according to whichever team is "hot" and flavour of the month on the international stage ... and who is our manager.

In the Roman era, we've gone through Portugal, Brazil. Spain, France, Belgium and Italy ... I think England is in vogue now ... we have a crop of bright talents springing up all over the place. And we have a young and talented English manager now as well of course.

So I expect our recruitment to be predominantly English players, which I see as a good thing in terms of our "identity" and player/fan appreciation and relationship. And it would not surprise me at all to see Sancho as being part of that.

Edited by Sexyfootball

I would be all over Sancho if I was Lampard... or Marina... whatever. A rotation of CHO, Pulisic, Sancho and Mount thrown in every once in a while kind of has me drooling a bit. I won't hold my breath, tbf but I will remain slightly optimistic.

Sign Sancho and Ousmane Dembele, get rid of Pedro and Willian and we have 4 world class attacking players on our hands!

Just throw in another top striker to compete with Tammy (or even overtake for the moment) and 2-3 signings in defence and we have a solid overall squad for several years to come, especially with the likes of our up and coming youth like Gallagher and Gilmour for example

What does everybody think of our chances?

Its beginning to look likely. Liverpool were rumoured to be interested, but now they’re after that winger from Salzburg, and I don’t think they can justify spending a lot of money on a winger to compete with Salah & Mane.

Man United were set to sign him but got refused when they failed to finish in champions league place (According to a United fan) 

Who else is there? Man City? I think they’re contend with what they have and also they have a reputation of walking away if they can’t match the valuation. 

So that leaves us. January is our best chance imo, we leave it until summer there will be too much competition imo.

7 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

What does everybody think of our chances?

Its beginning to look likely. Liverpool were rumoured to be interested, but now they’re after that winger from Salzburg, and I don’t think they can justify spending a lot of money on a winger to compete with Salah & Mane.

Man United were set to sign him but got refused when they failed to finish in champions league place (According to a United fan) 

Who else is there? Man City? I think they’re contend with what they have and also they have a reputation of walking away if they can’t match the valuation. 

So that leaves us. January is our best chance imo, we leave it until summer there will be too much competition imo.

Anyones guess tbh, 

Dortmund are the type of club that only sells on their terms, even if it means taking less money in the long term. 

So while it looks like January is the best time to move, as most of our competitors will probaly be out of the running having spent in the summer, and probably need to secure champions league funds for next season 1st, it really depends on Dortmund. 

On 06/12/2019 at 17:58, TheSocialShark said:

Sancho? Sure, if we could get him and so long as we can rotate him with CHO and Pulisic. I don't want to stunt their growth for the sake of an area where we are already decent.

At the ages they're at form will always fluctuate. There's more than enough games to go round.

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm not even sure he is what we need. We don't just need talented footballers, we need a bit of power and work rate. Sancho looks like he would struggle with the physical part of the league as much as our other players have been.

He just looks too good, 19 years old sure maybe he will need time to adapt like Pulisic but other than that, the risk that he would struggle physically in the league should be 0.

Last season 12 goals, 14 assists and 7motm won in Bundesliga. He's simply going to fit right in with Tammy, look at how much he tried to deliver the ball to the box:

Borussia-Dortmund_2018_2019_OP-Passes-In

This season he has already 8 goals and 8 assists and 4Motm in the league, 2 goals and 2 assists in Champions league...

355835392_Namnls.png.cd927379c7e58d650bff3171a43df189.png