Jadon Sancho

10 minutes ago, enigma said:

Only thing I don't like about this, is we sign Pulisic who was pushed out of Dortmund side due to Sancho. If that happens again, we have wasted £60m on Pulisic. Not to mention, people seem to have forgotten about Hudson-Odoi all of a sudden. He is supposed to be our Sancho. 

Football's a squad game these days, there's more than enough minutes to go round.

22 minutes ago, enigma said:

Only thing I don't like about this, is we sign Pulisic who was pushed out of Dortmund side due to Sancho. If that happens again, we have wasted £60m on Pulisic. Not to mention, people seem to have forgotten about Hudson-Odoi all of a sudden. He is supposed to be our Sancho. 

We didn't waste anything, we simply invested in a young talented player. We need those, Willian and Pedro won't be about much longer.

Edited by Gol15
22 minutes ago, enigma said:

Even if CHO gets to the same level, that’s 3 top level wingers. Plenty of minutes for three. Pedro & Willian are on their decline now, we need about 4 wingers and having three exceptionally good ones will be a godsend. Especially if we go 4-2-3-1 and Pulisic can play in the no. 10

I'm not an accountant, and I hate all the transfer discussions quickly turned into money talk. If we are going to over spend on this guy, so be it, it's a statement. With the inflation in transfer fee every season, in a 2-3 seasons time we'd  see 120M as a bargain. He's a good player, and has the potential to be world class with the right management and self discipline. If he's signed with another English team, he'd haunt us for a decade to come just like the Kun. It's a no-brainer to overspend on him.

14 hours ago, Bluesince66 said:

We got hazards money,not a massive amount left to pay,for a bright young star who will be here for more than a decade,so I would hope the board see it that way

Its literally Hazard + Morata money.

Losing Hazard was a bummer, but the amount we recouped from Morata, makes up the money for Sancho.

Winger options of Sancho, Pulisic and CHO, 3 players who are young and have great potential. Maybe throw in 1 more experienced winger (not willian or pedro) and we're sorted on that front for several years to come.

6 hours ago, JM7 said:

Rumours that we’re close to agreeing £120m deal loan back until the summer. Good enough I suppose 

Similar deal to Pulisic’s was always the likeliest deal to be made. So expensive but could easily give us a 10x return as we will have him for so long. I don’t think he would have a huge adjustment period to the style of the PL considering he’s English. Expensive but loads of potential.

Hoping we can come away with a player or 2 in January that actually join the team in January, though.

6 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I've got a theory about us being linked to Sancho, i think its diversionary, we say yea we're in for Sancho @120 mill, and Manchester(s) take their eye off our real targets, we get Chilwell, Werner and Isco..

I would actually take Sancho over the other 3 players any day of the week.
Sounds like a bad decision but then you remember this:
Alonso has superior stats to Chilwell and Emerson is at the same level as Chilwell anyway so that one wouldn't be a big upgrade at all.
Isco hasn't done anything this season and would only disrupt the current system where Mount and Pulisic are playing really well, RLC is coming back next year as well so there's no real panic for this position.
Werner...He would be great though, an amazing signing if we could do it. 

So for me it would come down to who is a bigger upgrade for the squad on the long run, Sancho or Werner. Hard question, before you even try to answer it, you would need to figure out what role you would like for Werner to have. Is he a partner with Tammy, or his backup? I would say that every big team has 1 main striker and not 2, so Werner would be a backup, we really need a second good striker, but it doesn't need to be Werner.

So yea, Sancho would be my choice.

11 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I would actually take Sancho over the other 3 players any day of the week.
Sounds like a bad decision but then you remember this:
Alonso has superior stats to Chilwell and Emerson is at the same level as Chilwell anyway so that one wouldn't be a big upgrade at all.
Isco hasn't done anything this season and would only disrupt the current system where Mount and Pulisic are playing really well, RLC is coming back next year as well so there's no real panic for this position.
Werner...He would be great though, an amazing signing if we could do it. 

So for me it would come down to who is a bigger upgrade for the squad on the long run, Sancho or Werner. Hard question, before you even try to answer it, you would need to figure out what role you would like for Werner to have. Is he a partner with Tammy, or his backup? I would say that every big team has 1 main striker and not 2, so Werner would be a backup, we really need a second good striker, but it doesn't need to be Werner.

So yea, Sancho would be my choice.

You need an Upgrade on Bats, and that is going to be a Grade A striker, for when Tammy has a dry spell, 2 top strikers like say Didier and Anelka?

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

You need an Upgrade on Bats, and that is going to be a Grade A striker, for when Tammy has a dry spell, 2 top strikers like say Didier and Anelka?

Thats a good argument. I guess Werner is the top transfer target then, and Sancho for the summer.

We need a superstar we thought cho might get to that level and he still may but he has looked basic since his injury. Sancho isn’t just potential he is playing at top level now he could however be a hazard or an mbappe and if we can get him it shows our ambition. 

He is also a Chelsea supporter if that helps and he is a Londoner, if have him we can get a Full back and a striker in the summer, we have midfielders to spare, sancho plus a top fb and competition for Tammy and we are up there. 

Suppose all that costs us 250 million, we have it and it’s worth it to be elite. 

Edited by SFL82

No smoke without fire. Definitely think we’re interested. Would not surprise me one bit if pool Utd and city tried to get involved in the bidding too.

For city, it will be like kdb for us, gutting to watch him play week in week out. Have a feeling sane goes and they go back for sancho. Pogba went back to Utd, I see no difference.

Fingers crossed though - young English and clearly a level above most at 19 - would special and absolutely perfect for frank’s new team

25 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

No smoke without fire. Definitely think we’re interested. Would not surprise me one bit if pool Utd and city tried to get involved in the bidding too.

For city, it will be like kdb for us, gutting to watch him play week in week out. Have a feeling sane goes and they go back for sancho. Pogba went back to Utd, I see no difference.

Fingers crossed though - young English and clearly a level above most at 19 - would special and absolutely perfect for frank’s new team

Liverpool are not an option unless they sell one of Mane or Salah, that is why they have signed the winger from Salzburg. Pep has earmarked Oyarzabal from Sociedad as a replacement for Sane. That leaves us and Utd in the PL, potentially Real Madrid if they get rid of Bale.

If a deal can be done in Jan with a loan back till the summer we need to do it. If it isn’t possible sign a reasonably priced winger with potential now (eg a Rashica or Ziyech) as a replacement for Pedro, and to get us top 4 and keep the powder dry till the summer.

29 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

So with Haaland being purchased by Dortmund, does this have any effect on Sancho? I know that Sancho is a winger and Haaland is a striker (I think) so it isn't a direct replacement but it is an attacker but idk what kinda effect

It Gives Them A Proper Striker Option Now, They've Been Using Reus/Gotze As A False 9, Think It'll Give Reus The Option To Play Wing Now, So It Could Give The Possibility Of Sancho Leaving