Jadon Sancho

• 3 weeks later...

Reports coming out that we are struggling to tie Willian down for another year. He wants more than one year extension, so obviously stories are coming out with how he could leave this month.

Which probably explains the links resurfacing again. I doubt we’ll sign Sancho but Isco seems a possibility, even though we don’t need him.

17 hours ago, Luiz4Chelsea said:

I don't see why Dortmund wouldn't be willing to do a pulisic type deal. Earlier money is always worth more than later money, I believe that's what the concept of interest is based on.

Pretty easy to see why, the Pulisic deal was the ultimate anomaly.

Firstly Sancho is so high in demand he will almost certainly attract a bidding war, then there's the Euro's, if Sancho stars there then the price goes up even further.

It makes absolutely zero sense for Dortmund to do that type of deal and furthermore, if deals like that were so easy to do, don't you think the would be done a lot more often than once in a blue moon?

19 hours ago, Luiz4Chelsea said:

I don't see why Dortmund wouldn't be willing to do a pulisic type deal. Earlier money is always worth more than later money, I believe that's what the concept of interest is based on.

The longer he performs well, the more he'll be worth. Why sell now for £100m when he might be worth £130m after the Euro's?

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I'm not sure about Sancho.

It could be great with him and CHO being friends reading each others' games or perhaps they will be on the naughty bench due to boozing and providing gutter news for the tabloids.

Depending on interaction of personalities it can work either way.

I don't know how they are as people but as professionals they shouldn't have any problems with each other, they are going to play for England together for a long time hopefully...Also keep in mind that Pedro and Willian are not going to be here next season so there is more than enough space for Sancho.

6 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I'm not sure about Sancho.

It could be great with him and CHO being friends reading each others' games or perhaps they will be on the naughty bench due to boozing and providing gutter news for the tabloids.

Depending on interaction of personalities it can work either way.

I'd agree if they had a Lingard Rashford sort of relationship but they seem to be decent boys. Why worry?

54 minutes ago, Deino said:

I'd agree if they had a Lingard Rashford sort of relationship but they seem to be decent boys. Why worry?

f**k me watching those videos make me dry heave add in people saying Raaaasheh in the diabolical manc accent and I’m done. Thankfully we have never had sleezy groups of players like other clubs, always seem to be good lads, I definitely believe Internal club culture is a thing. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Big United links popped up on Sky Sports just after the Ziyech thing showed up for us. Maybe something has been decided by Sancho’s team.

I don't know if we need Sancho. I know everybody would like him, but I heard we were also considering resigning Boga from Sassulo for £15m. He is doing great in a below mid table side in Serie A this season. 

My problem is the fee for Sancho + agent fees will be A LOT! I am not sure it is worth it when we have other areas to upgrade on. Money doesn't come out of thin air. We need a LB, a GK, another striker and a CB. Boga and Ziyech, in my opinion, could be ideal. 

Would still be my number 1 signing for the summer.

Like some others, I’m just wondering if Chelsea are looking at Boga & Ziyech as a cheaper alternative.

With selling some of our deadwood it could still be possible to get Ziyech & Sancho.

That would be a productive summer.

2 hours ago, enigma said:

My problem is the fee for Sancho + agent fees will be A LOT! I am not sure it is worth it when we have other areas to upgrade on. Money doesn't come out of thin air. We need a LB, a GK, another striker and a CB. Boga and Ziyech, in my opinion, could be ideal. 

Will be a bargain if he turns out to be a generational talent like a Messi, his stats seem to support this.