Now on a migrated server, any problems CLICK HERE

Kev56

Chelsea v Man utd (PL) Sat 20th Oct 12:30 UK

The end fracas was unnecessary and stupid imo, I hope Sarri gave that coach a talking to, it reflects badly on us. Of coarse all is forgiven and Mourinho accepted the apology, but it won’t stop the press talking about it and apparently we’re all the scum of the earth, because of one coach hahaha, that’s football fans for you, reactionary and tribal. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

lol what? If we had a real striker we'd probably be top of the league with this midfield. It IS working already so don't get this comment at all.

While I’m happy with midfield I did feel during the game we needed a bit more muscle in there. Jorginho is a great conductor, Kante is everywhere as per and Kova/Barkley give us a bit more forward momentum. But Sarri himself said we couldn’t cope with Uniteds physicality. 

Just now, Munkworth said:

While I’m happy with midfield I did feel during the game we needed a bit more muscle in there. Jorginho is a great conductor, Kante is everywhere as per and Kova/Barkley give us a bit more forward momentum. But Sarri himself said we couldn’t cope with Uniteds physicality. 

What muscle do City have in the middle? Its a myth that you need muscle, as long as you have enough skill. Plus, Barkley is built like a brick sh*t house.

Thought that was our worst performance of the season, not helped by that fraud up front...in saying that, its a good sign that we came back to still get a point...plus we had some big decisions go against us...much as I love Mata, that was a red card tackle on Azpi, Alonso was fouled in buildup to their equaliser and hazard should have had a pen for young's rash tackle 

Not the result we were hoping for, but we showed characters and deserved the point at the end. One of those days, those defensive mistakes and inabilities to score would cost us, and this was that game. We had some by the balls, then we lost of concentration and they found a lucky break, on another day the game would have been stopped when Alonso was clearly injured and down. Without that, our defenders would have pushed up, closed down the scorer and it's a non-issue. Mata is not that type of player, but that tackle should have earned a red, again we were on the short end of the stick. We looked out of sorts in the last 15, but like a good team we found a way to score the equaliser, Barkley is getting better with each game. Jose is playing his usual mind game by claiming a terrible result for them, they offered very little, just got a couple of lucky breaks. They played like a WestHam and Newcastle for the majority of the game with the players they got. Their highest paid player came on just to commit fouls, and they couldn't hold on the ball in the last 5 to deny us the point. Even if we lost, I don't want Sarri to change a thing with the way we play.

Tired and lacked intensity after international break. United have some good players. Jose picking mata martial and Rashford actually gave them quite a strong threat and Shaw was excellent all night. And we still would have wine if Morata had done a bit more. -ersonally id have brought Pedro on earlier but hey Sarri knows what he’s doing. 

‘Don’t think Morata general play was that bad, just his finishing which he is rushing. Doubt Giroud  would have done much better over 90 minutes 

also good to see Kante shooting well, rudigier and Barkley scoring. We will be fresher and better next time. 

Edited by ozboy

15 hours ago, robdog said:

some interesting thoughts about Jose's action on the equalizing goal

The discussion at approx. 2:20 about Mourinho not being revered at Chelsea despite winning 3 titles is interesting. It reflects the back-and-forth we're having here about respecting him vs wishing he'd retire to a desert island to be heard of no more (putting it politely).

Edited by Valerie

14 hours ago, Eight Times said:

Remember when he used to mock Wenger for living on past glories? 

An embarrassment of a man. He can quite easily give it out, whether it's pocking someone in the eye, shushing opposition fans, or telling a rival manager to calm his celebrations... but he certainly cannot take it.

Absolutely sick of the joker, and all his drama.  Thank God we don't have to put up with it every week.

I think we can safely say that neither the Chelsea staff member nor Mourinho covered himself with glory. I am wondering though who would have won the fight between them if Mourinho hadn't been restrained :laugh2:

9 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

What muscle do City have in the middle? Its a myth that you need muscle, as long as you have enough skill. Plus, Barkley is built like a brick sh*t house.

My RLC could provide a bit a physicality, you’d change your tune if it meant you’d get to see your one true love playing :wink:

A couple of points,

Morata was poor yet even poorer was Lukaku, apparently a fair few Reds wants Sanchez down the middle.

Kante hardly got a mention so far, yet like @ozboy said good to see Kante have a good shot requiring De Gea to make a diving save. Hopefully he has a few more like that.

Morata was poor, but he wasn't going to get picked if Giroud had scored just 1 goal this season. It's a pick between 2 non-scoring strikers, Sarri didn't have much of a choice. Granted Morata missed as usual, Giroud would never got near to that through ball to get a kick on it. It's the puzzle Sarri will try to fix this season. Lukaku had a couple of good touches in the second half, other than that he was non-existent, as usual the pundits reckoned he's 6/10 or even 7. On the positive side, the midfield is on a different level from last year, Barkley came on and makes an impact, still got Cesc who coulnd't get a minute in the league game. Kante's been working on his shooting, he needs it, get a couple of chances every game to put his boot in.

I'm thinking that Sarri is giving Morata a chance to get his confidence back as when he is in form he is a top player, the question is how long do you leave it with him in poor form.

For me I would make the switch now.

14 hours ago, Dixon said:

BUT, he's a defender who's not very good at defending!

These other points being made on here about the likes of Pedro/ Wilian  Morata /Giroud Luiz/Christensen. We can mix and match any you like but its swapping one player who isn't good enough for another. They are all nothing better than fringe squad players. None of them would get on Citys bench. Defo not good enough if we want to challenge for titles! 

Also, far too many are letting our midfield get away with it. Its not s strong, defensive midfield and its not an attacking, creative goal scoring one either and its not even a mix of the two. Its weak and plays pretty tippy tappy stuff with almost no end product. Sarri could get away with it in the now very ordinary Series A, but it won't work over here. Sarri needs to swollow his pride and see that the player he brought in to build his team around is a major problem for us in this league, a league where you need pace, power, creativity and goal power, not endless tippy tappy give yard passes and bugger all else.

Mate I’m not even on the same planet as you to have this discussion, what sarri is doing isn’t working?

We are undefeated in 10 league games and 14 I believe in all competitions, we are 2 points off the top having played, arsenal, Liverpool and utd, and outplayed all of them slipping to stupid goals.

What he has done in 2 1/2 months is remarkable and it’s not working? You want him to drop Jorginho the man with more touches than anyone in the league?

We are playing attractive football, controlling games and we are undefeated, people likenuih amaze me, what do you want? 

27 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Morata was poor, but he wasn't going to get picked if Giroud had scored just 1 goal this season. It's a pick between 2 non-scoring strikers, Sarri didn't have much of a choice. 

You missed his 4 assists. And numerous more key plays and touches that have led to goals or opportunities. Making Hazard, Willian, Pedro and everyone on the pitch better, the same way he helped Griezman, Mbappe and the rest for the world cup in the summer. Not isolating from the game, winning headers and making deflections. 

No, Sarri did have a choice yesterday and he clearly made the wrong one. 

14 hours ago, Dixon said:

Also, far too many are letting our midfield get away with it. Its not s strong, defensive midfield and its not an attacking, creative goal scoring one either and its not even a mix of the two. Its weak and plays pretty tippy tappy stuff with almost no end product. Sarri could get away with it in the now very ordinary Series A, but it won't work over here. Sarri needs to swollow his pride and see that the player he brought in to build his team around is a major problem for us in this league, a league where you need pace, power, creativity and goal power, not endless tippy tappy give yard passes and bugger all else.

I don't think I've ever seen a paragraph which is more incorrect than this.

5 minutes ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

You missed his 4 assists. And numerous more key plays and touches that have led to goals or opportunities. Making Hazard, Willian, Pedro and everyone on the pitch better, the same way he helped Griezman, Mbappe and the rest for the world cup in the summer. Not isolating from the game, winning headers and making deflections. 

No, Sarri did have a choice yesterday and he clearly made the wrong one. 

Giroud has been mostly underwhelming when starting for us as well. 
Let's not pretend that he's some great striker. He used to be a Arsenal-reserve, should Chelsea be relying on a Arsenal-reserve? No.

Young should have been sent off yesterday, if the premier league want to see great football, you have to stop players like Young from making stupid challenges and protect the players on the pitch, especially the talented ones who help the EPL brand flourish. Scissor tackles after the ball has gone are dangerous and outlawed, Gary Neville said the ball had gone by then, but that doesn't stop Young clattering him, it was at least a 2nd yellow, if not straight red.

Mata should have had a straight red, he was not under control and could have seriously injured Azpilcueta, text book red card, shouldnt of been on the pitch to create their 2nd.

18 hours ago, BadBlue said:

If we achieve top 4 with this team, it would be great. We hsve no pace in our game and we lack a top striker. Very difficult to stay in top 4 in my opinion.

Spurs just won at West Ham and they are level points with us ( the same West Ham that we struggled against and that beat United ). If Arsenal also wins they will be also on 21 points. 

We dropped points and the others are catching up.

Agree, but the fixtures will come around where we have an 'easy 3 points' and the top teams play each other...I think City are playing Spurs next week and Liverpool are playing Arsenal a week or two later so one or both teams will drop points....providing we don't fall too far behind and keep within 3 or 6 points we should be OK.  Its always easier to play teams the first time around, the second half of the fixtures becomes more difficult and we may struggle once teams nullify our strengths.

As Sarri said:

Our lads ditched the gameplan. You can't play Sarriball 95% of the time. 

Ianni's behavior was unacceptable which Sarri also said. 

Jose is Jose. 

Our fans telling him to f**k off is as unacceptable as Ianni's. Really sad. I thought our fans have more class. 

We are in the beginning or a learning curve. We will lose games this season.