Now on a migrated server, any problems CLICK HERE

Kev56

Chelsea v Man utd (PL) Sat 20th Oct 12:30 UK

I think the international break helped Manure more than it helped us. But Sarri can still outsmart Jose, specially since their defense is a lot more shaky than ours.

17 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I think the international break helped Manure more than it helped us. But Sarri can still outsmart Jose, specially since their defense is a lot more shaky than ours.

Quite definetely, it's noticeable how many United players are hmm hmm ' injured'  or excused international duty. Whilst the rest of us have had players play two hard matches.

International break or not, Mourinho still has big problems with some of his first teamers, predominately Pogba but also his former captain Valencia who has disappeared into the wilderness. United have been below their accepted United level all season and I see nothing changing. They are in turmoil and we're not so, I expect us to win this by two clear goals. Interesting that Hazard went on the charm offensive directly before this game saying he would like to work with Mourinho again. Could he be indicating to Mourinho to forget the rough stuff on him as he's his biggest fan?

One point about this game in the stupid timing of it. Why after an international break schedule it at 12.30pm early kick off? Put it at Saturday evening or better still, Sunday. Early kick offs are good at the best of times, nevermind after an international break. 

Our home record against United in the past few years is amazing, we usually win the game comfortably. However i won't push my luck and predict anything. Just get out there control the game and show who is boss at the Bridge.

I just hope we don't play Luiz and Cahill together, if Rudiger is out injured. I think we have a good chance to control the midfield, but without Rudigers pace and strength we might have some trouble with long balls and counterattacks.

sh*t didn't realise this was an early kickoff, thought this was the 5:30pm match. 

I feel like I'm Almost overconfident about this one, Jose will be absolutely desperate to get a result and will try every dirty trick in the book to get one. I think we will win, but I don't think this will be as easy as some people think. 

We've had a majority of the our team playing in the internationals so only a couple of days at best to prepare for this one.  I agree with a majority, Jose will have been watching video every day, he'll have his players sticking the boot into Jorghino, then take out Hazard, take out Willian and Kante and he might get away with a victory.  If he plays fair and Utd play like they have been since the season started I can only see one winner and that's the team in blue. If he packs the middle and creates a wall on the 'D' as West Ham did this could end up a stalemate...let's hope not.

Stupid time to play this game. Also missing rudigier who gives us pace at the back. Pedro, Willian, Morata, Dave, Luiz should be fresh enough and we can rotate the midfield through the game. Alonso and Janet and Barkley have had to work fairly hard. 

FA fcuking us up to favor their media darlings (sh*tty and bin dippers) again ... NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO JUSTIFY THE EARLY KICKOFF ON SATURDAY !!! Could have played the game at 5:30 pm on saturday or even on sunday ! I've had enough of their antics with calendar etc... I really dread that game massively !! If we get a draw, we will be VERY lucky imo. Mourniho will play his absolute WORST bus tactics ever : expect a 80/20 possession for us, overdominance à la spain vs england and we will be done by 3 sihtty counter attacks by manure and lose 2-3 or 1-2 at the end of the game. Plus a pen denied for us (although we had better fortune this season with this kind of decisions, I believe with manure we'll be robbed by ref calls as it used to be the case the last two seasons). We might get a draw if manure are absymal upfront. But I really expect a bogey result à la West Ham vs Chelsea.

United had a great result against Newcastle to turn what looked like a disastrous default into a late win.  Unfortunately that will give their squad some confidence. Nevertheless I suspect a lot of the issues behind the scenes are still there. If we can get on top early in the game hopefully we can put the doubts back in their heads and the cracks will appear. However if they successfully neutralize us they have the players to nick a goal or 2 on the counter and that could make things very difficult for us. As always I think the key is taking our chances. If Morata starts hopefully he can pick up where he left off against Southampton and get a run of goals going. 

2 hours ago, ozboy said:

Stupid time to play this game. Also missing rudigier who gives us pace at the back. Pedro, Willian, Morata, Dave, Luiz should be fresh enough and we can rotate the midfield through the game. Alonso and Janet and Barkley have had to work fairly hard. 

I read that there is still a decent chance Rudiger will play on Saturday. Lets hope so anyway.

11 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I read that there is still a decent chance Rudiger will play on Saturday. Lets hope so anyway.

checkout this bit of news from the other side of the pitch

17 hours ago, goose said:

Incredible that there are no Lampard goals in the list yet there’re two from Kante.

Lampard never scored a goal from open play at home to United. Funnily enough Drogs never scored in this fixture either. 

Safe to say the likes of Hazard, Luiz, Mata, Carvalho, Ballack made up for that though.

7 minutes ago, Argo said:

Funnily enough Drogs never scored in this fixture either. 

ok maybe you are correct - I can remember 3 off hand - 1 in Wembley & 2 at ol crapfort

Edited by robdog
maybe Argo is correct ;)

4 hours ago, Londonisblue said:

FA fcuking us up to favor their media darlings (sh*tty and bin dippers) again ... NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO JUSTIFY THE EARLY KICKOFF ON SATURDAY !!! Could have played the game at 5:30 pm on saturday or even on sunday ! I've had enough of their antics with calendar etc... I really dread that game massively !! If we get a draw, we will be VERY lucky imo. Mourniho will play his absolute WORST bus tactics ever : expect a 80/20 possession for us, overdominance à la spain vs england and we will be done by 3 sihtty counter attacks by manure and lose 2-3 or 1-2 at the end of the game. Plus a pen denied for us (although we had better fortune this season with this kind of decisions, I believe with manure we'll be robbed by ref calls as it used to be the case the last two seasons). We might get a draw if manure are absymal upfront. But I really expect a bogey result à la West Ham vs Chelsea.

They have done that all f**king season.....pool have had more rest than others if im not mistaken. And as metioned Jose have been analysing the sh*t out of Chels.......he knows damn well he cant afford a loss. A very dangerous game this......we have injuries and you can bet your ass the refs will do their bit. We must score first to set a trap........utd score first and it will get ugly. Anything but a win and the media will be on us and bigging utd up. A must win.

14 hours ago, Londonisblue said:

I thought it was a 5:30 kickoff at first. Absolutely disgusting putting the match on at this time, like you said this game should've been a 530 kickoff or a Sunday match. 

Don't really see a difference in the game kicking off 5 hours later in the day. Their players will be just as lagged as us and had the same amount of time to prepare. Seems like a bit of an excuse for fans to claim there is a campaign against Chelsea. There are some sh*t things against Chelsea but this kick off time ain't one of them.

17 hours ago, Argo said:

Lampard never scored a goal from open play at home to United. Funnily enough Drogs never scored in this fixture either. 

Yes but united had Fergy and were title contenders every season when Frank and Didier played against them.

We shouldn't fear them at all, the result will depends on how well we take our chances. I'm pretty sure we will create plenty, someone else needs to step up to finish those chances, can't leave all the scoring to Hazard. I'm confident of winning this, if we win by 2-3 goals, won't be surprised if Jose packs his bags on Monday.

2 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

We shouldn't fear them at all, the result will depends on how well we take our chances. I'm pretty sure we will create plenty, someone else needs to step up to finish those chances, can't leave all the scoring to Hazard. I'm confident of winning this, if we win by 2-3 goals, won't be surprised if Jose packs his bags on Monday.

wishful thinking there mate - I know we all want the match to end like this one did

Edited by robdog