Now on a migrated server, any problems CLICK HERE

Sign in to follow this  
coco

Chelsea v Everton (PL) Sun 11th Nov 14:15 UK

9 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

funny now the shoes on the other foot our fans are pissed how City are spending money...strange we weren't moaning when Roman first arrived and spent a boatload to win the title.  Roman started the trend of clubs being owned by billionaires but now can't keep up with the big boys.  We just have to suck it up like everyone did all those years ago.  

this is a very ill-considered comment - there is a huge difference: FFP was not in existence when Roman 'invested ' in our club. City, through their 'benefactor', have manipulated the FFP egreously. The only questions that pertain is whether FIFA, UEFA & the EPL will follow it through. My thoughts: City & PSG deserve maximum sanctions - not just huge fines but relegation & the stripping of titles.

16 hours ago, Lord said:

The problem around here is if you criticise either Jorginho or Kante, you are portrayed as someone who doesn't understand the "game". 

No, if you post embarrassingly simplistic and patently stupid rubbish, like you and that dixon idiot do  most of the time, you are quite rightly portrayed as someone who clearly doesn't understand the game, and that most of your posts are obviously lifted straight from the way that your Playstation has presented you with soccer.

26 minutes ago, youlots said:

this is a very ill-considered comment - there is a huge difference: FFP was not in existence when Roman 'invested ' in our club. City, through their 'benefactor', have manipulated the FFP egreously. The only questions that pertain is whether FIFA, UEFA & the EPL will follow it through. My thoughts: City & PSG deserve maximum sanctions - not just huge fines but relegation & the stripping of titles.

Roman did invest a lot but stopped after a few years while City has been investing for a bigger amount of time if we look at the boost signings every year and just since they bought Pep they spent around £600m and still Conte won the league before Pep did even with minimal spending, if any top 3-4 team invested like that the league would be theirs.

Not to mention Roman is one rich man but Man City is backed by a whole middle eastern country, sure we had fun breaking the league but at least we admit it while Man City fans are acting as if finance has nothing to do with their success since they got "Pep the genius".

Edited by Gol15

We didn't do enough to win the game, it's as simple as that. Like the Palace game, we didn't get into the game until half an hour into it, there were plenty of possession, but no real danger to Everton. Against a better team, we didn't get away with playing 45 minutes of good football. In a way we were a little lucky, Jorginho could have been sent off for that tackle before we really got going. We were sloppy with passing, and not pressing or running with the usual vigor. Hazard had a great game, but it wasn't his day to score. Willian was good,but that one chance we he got through, decided to try the difficult shot instead of square the ball with Morata on his own. Although Morata could miss that chance, it's just a much better percentage play. I would have liked to see more of Pedro, this kind of game needs his directness and urgency in attack. I don't think it's should be a matter of blaming the usual suspect like Morata after dropping 2 points, nobody was terrible, but as a team we just failed to lift and get into the extra gear.

Had we won the game, I'd rate us as title chaser, but realistically I see us slip up a few more games like this after the International break, because we just aren't there yet with the squad we got.

I think 1st half we moved the ball far too slowly and we really struggles to get our best players on the ball in the right areas, the only chance we created was from Willians free kick to alonso who was unlucky.

2nd half we were much better, we created 5 or 6 very good openings, that really should've been enough to win the game. Hazard put in 2 crosses for morata, the first was a good cross but a poor finish, the second I thought hazard's ball was poor, too much pace, and at an awkward height. Willian probably had the best chance of the game, he could've squared it to morata, but he really should've scored himself. Hazard also had a decent chance but he snatched at it. 

There were some poor individual perfomances today especially on the first half, but the back 4 were solid throughout.

Some games are going to be difficult to created clear opportunities, especially against a good well organised side like Everton, coming after Thursday night away game in Europe. it's in games like this we need to grind out wins, by being clinical, and we weren't today at all.

I thought the subs today were all pretty poor, Barkley was terrible, fabregas had a great chance to play kante in but over hit the pass, and Pedro didn't see much of the ball. 

i know fans and pundits will over analyse the game to death, it will be the same kante's position/jorginho man marked/willian and morata arent good enough, arguments we hear every time we dont get 3 points, but we did enough to win today.

8 wins and 4 draws, is still a very good start, it would see on pace to get 86/87 points, which should be enough to finish in the top 4, but it won't be enough to beat city to the title.  

One thing probably worth mentioning is we were lucky to still have 10 men on the pitch due to Jorginho's nasty challenge on Sigurdsson.

Didn't see enough to make out if Jorginho was trying to prevent our defence being opened up or if he was just annoyed that Sigurdsson with his flailing arms wasn't being punished. Fortunately the ref produced a yellow as otherwise the FA would have looked at it and taken a much harsher view.

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Thought we did well second half. Really tried and were unlucky not to win really. Still a work in progress.

Agreed. Thought it was 'one of those games' when we did everything apart from score.

We 'grew into the game' after the first 20 minutes or so.

We made some decent chances as has been already mentioned. Unfortunately, we didn't take them.

Two very good saves too by the Everton keeper.

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

Agreed. Thought it was 'one of those games' when we did everything apart from score.

We 'grew into the game' after the first 20 minutes or so.

We made some decent chances as has been already mentioned. Unfortunately, we didn't take them.

Two very good saves too by the Everton keeper.

Get the feeling that Pickford is becoming our bogeyman or soon will be.

6 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Get the feeling that Pickford is becoming our bogeyman or soon will be.

To be honest I was celebrating as I'd thought both Alonso and Morata had scored.

Both of these saves by Pickford, were to me anyway, international class saves.

3 hours ago, youlots said:

Well, not really but that's your opinion, I respect it and your entitled to it. We are getting off topic here as this the match thread and not one on FFP...however as we started here I guess we will carry on.   Just like all good businessmen, if you can find the loopholes and your way around avoiding taxes, financial penalties, etc you'll do it, giant companies and others do it all the time...hell even I do it.  If the governing bodies were stupid enough to leave gaps or even a crack in FFP rules then they will be exploited by experts and others until the gaps are closed. If City, PSG and others legitimately found their way through the maze and the FFP lot don't like it then tough sh*t; they should have ensured the rules were water tight before they put them out.  And don't think we as a club are angels either, especially when it comes to recruiting the youngsters; even recently being investigated by FIFA.  Of course there are sleazy dealings going on with all the top clubs I expect, it would be naive to think otherwise, even the new FIFA President is at it!  

City just got found out and I suspect we will see the usual 'investigation' at some point to appease other clubs. Even though there have been rumours, it's been reported for ages that money is being syphoned and pushed in different areas of the club to hide their shortfalls of FFP, but no-one seemed to be in a hurry then to investigate and I doubt anyone will be in a hurry now either, because it will just open up a can of worms that will bring down EUFA and others.

This is a segment from a piece from SB Nation in regards to FFP back in 2015:  

That Manchester City has been able to significantly outpace Chelsea, despite being hamstrung by the poor timing of financial fair play, is a testament to the club's efforts. The club's globalisation strategy is second to none, and City now enjoys a tangible presence on six continents. Manchester City's executive team is unlikely to get the credit they deserve due to the longstanding mischaracterisation of some of their commercial deals, but they have done a fantastic job in the face of hurdles that were designed to be insurmountable.

0n another note - Everton's away kit looked sh*t 

14 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

funny now the shoes on the other foot our fans are pissed how City are spending money...strange we weren't moaning when Roman first arrived and spent a boatload to win the title.  Roman started the trend of clubs being owned by billionaires but now can't keep up with the big boys.  We just have to suck it up like everyone did all those years ago.  

YEah but we stopped.......they dont. They keep on going. We had FFP to contend with, they cheated and bribed their way out of it. Similar, but in no way comparable. We got destroyed by the media, with city they are applauded. We cant do anything but suck it up.

On 12/11/2018 at 14:17, yorkleyblue said:

No, if you post embarrassingly simplistic and patently stupid rubbish, like you and that dixon idiot do  most of the time, you are quite rightly portrayed as someone who clearly doesn't understand the game, and that most of your posts are obviously lifted straight from the way that your Playstation has presented you with soccer.

Without realising how rubbish most of your general comments are while pretending to be witty...