Sign in to follow this  
ForeverCarefree

Didier Drogba - Happy Retirement To The King

On 28/01/2020 at 16:21, Strider6003 said:

Some comments here led me to this:

Drogba is ranked 8/30, though I think he should be 7th on the goals per game index they quote instead of Bergkamp.

Of course no measure for goals in big contests nor leading the line alone.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-30-best-strikers-premier-league-history?page=0%2C2

The simple question is, your lining up in the tunnel in a cup final and look across to the opposition, what striker would you least like to face? Henry, a serial bottler in big games? Or Alan Shearer with no track record of winning a final? Ruud (sick note) van nistelroy and I can go on, or the Drog!!

3 minutes ago, chi blue said:

The simple question is, your lining up in the tunnel in a cup final and look across to the opposition, what striker would you least like to face? Henry, a serial bottler in big games? Or Alan Shearer with no track record of winning a final? Ruud (sick note) van nistelroy and I can go on, or the Drog!!

The Drog based on his impressive cup record!

Can't say I really wanted any of the other strikers either, which makes me wonder who I did like then.

I liked Cantona yet that was never going to happen and for me more a no.10 than no.9.

16 hours ago, Munkworth said:

All the best are born in March. Chelsea FC, Didier, Jimmy Floyd, Munkworth... the list can go on forever :good2:

It's a proven known fact that people born in March are squat and hairy.

A couple of weeks ago a comparison was being made between a Prime Drogba and a Prime Costa and what they were capable of in big games. 

Watched Costa last night. Had to laugh.

2 minutes ago, just said:

A couple of weeks ago a comparison was being made between a Prime Drogba and a Prime Costa and what they were capable of in big games. 

I often thought Costa was very overrated by Chelsea fans myself... He was just one of the few strikers that came here and wasn't sh*t, I mean yes, I might be harsh because he was very important towards our last two title wins, but he took a holiday in both of them and couldn't give a f**k for the latter half of the seasons. Also, he was an abysmal footballer, he was sh*t in the air and used to ruin every counter attack, Didi was an absolute beast, his build up play was even better than Girouds. 

Personally, I don't miss him, yeah he was definitely better than Morata, but he still used to go missing when he couldn't be bothered anymore. 

11 hours ago, just said:

And I watched Morata with that cool finish and might have been tempted to cry!

Funny though seeing Costa's angry reaction to being subbed though, he did not react to the blatant provocation of the Liverpool fans.

I thought Costa was a great finisher and a good striker and it makes me wonder when he looks back on his career will he think he effed it all up with what might have been.