Tottenham V Chelsea (PL) Sat 24th Nov 17:30 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I just hope we don't resort back to the negative tactics of Jose and Conte (second season) trying to do little more than not lose. If we sit back and try and contain then we deserve to lose! If we go put to  dominate and take the game to Spurs, then win, lose or draw i'd be  much happier with that! If we sit back I think we'll lose anyway, so go for it!

We will defo not win the title this season  because the current squad is a fair bit short of the quality we need for that. Its going to need significant iinprovement in several areas next season. In the meantime we've got to carry on going with this pressing game home and away as City and Liverpool do. If we're scares of going at Spurs,, we'll look like a team of flat track bullies and Sarri don't be true to his word.

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Feels like I have been waiting for a month for this game, the expectations are so huge for me and I hope Sarri doesn't fail to prepare the squad.

Will be a monster of a game.....their injured players back just in time for us too. City and pool both will get 3pts, so we must win....ugly or beautiful.

Quote from one of the rags. regarding Hazard.

Hazard was spared for just 15 minutes of Belgium's two games during the international break - not even afforded a breather once Switzerland had scored a fifth the other night. Maybe Chelsea can manage his fitness in readiness for the big European Championship qualifiers in March.

Martinez really is an arsehole.

Edited by Kev56

We don't have to lose this one. the team doesn't look well against top teams so my expectations have declined a bit regarding the fact this is an away game and we blew up the lead against Pool, Manure and Arsenal at home quite easily. Wouldn't mind the draw at all. We are in the battle for top 4 still. 

4 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

We don't have to lose this one. the team doesn't look well against top teams so my expectations have declined a bit regarding the fact this is an away game and we blew up the lead against Pool, Manure and Arsenal at home quite easily. Wouldn't mind the draw at all. We are in the battle for top 4 still. 

Yeah, its just being realistic to think we in a battle for top four, not the title. We have looked very wobbly against the better sides this season. All over the shop at times against Arsenal. Bossed at home by a less than top form Liverpool. Awful in the second half against THIS Utd team. If we sit back we'll lose. I think we'll need at least  a couple of goals to win so best to just go for it. Let them worry about us not us worry about what they can do.

Sp*ds haven't looked all that this season but we all know they WILL be up for this one. Hopefully Rudiger can do a job on Kane, Kante on Erikson and someone to track Ali's runs into the box.

Then let them worry about us and hope that Hazard has one of his unplayable performances and Morata or Giroud have their scoring boots on and we come away with all 3 points. Would take a draw but lets be greedy.

8 minutes ago, Zeta said:

They keep winning, despite really not being that impressive. Which is worrying.

They keep winning against bottom half teams.  Apart from united, every half-decent team they have played has beaten them.  Let's not get TOO despondent before the match, eh?

1 hour ago, Dixon said:

Yeah, its just being realistic to think we in a battle for top four, not the title. We have looked very wobbly against the better sides this season. All over the shop at times against Arsenal. Bossed at home by a less than top form Liverpool. Awful in the second half against THIS Utd team. If we sit back we'll lose. I think we'll need at least  a couple of goals to win so best to just go for it. Let them worry about us not us worry about what they can do.

You obviously see things completely differently to me. There's still a little bit of work to be done, but we're playing well and have more than held our own against our top 6 rivals.

Arsenal - it was only our 2nd game of the season with a new manager, and we completely controlled the 2nd half and won the game. Deserved victory.

Liverpool - How were we bossed at home? That's ridiculous. It was a good game, we were in control for the best part of it and offered them very few clear cut opportunities. It took a worldy in the last minute to salvage them a point. - we were unlucky, but still drew.

Man Utd - Again we were in complete control until a couple of defensive errors allowed them back into the game. We had more possession than them, more chances, and definitely deserved our point.

We've been the better team in our encounters with our top 6 rivals so far.

2 hours ago, Dixon said:

I'm never sure if you are just a huge pessimist, a wind-up merchant, a random from another club pretending to be Chels  or just a tit.

When you post bollocks like this, it's even harder to decide between tit and random stranger.  We've We beat Arsenal easily in the second or third match of the season, we dominated the dippers and they needed a one in a thousand chancer goal to draw, United were dire for most of the match and we let them in with a couple of sloppy defensive errors.

You really do post some of the most ridiculous opinions that I have seen in all my time here, and I was here for some wonderfully creative wind-up merchants as well as some tranny from India with comedy hair and Loz when he used to post a lot.

2 hours ago, DannyVblue said:

You obviously see things completely differently to me. There's still a little bit of work to be done, but we're playing well and have more than held our own against our top 6 rivals.

Arsenal - it was only our 2nd game of the season with a new manager, and we completely controlled the 2nd half and won the game. Deserved victory.

Liverpool - How were we bossed at home? That's ridiculous. It was a good game, we were in control for the best part of it and offered them very few clear cut opportunities. It took a worldy in the last minute to salvage them a point. - we were unlucky, but still drew.

Man Utd - Again we were in complete control until a couple of defensive errors allowed them back into the game. We had more possession than them, more chances, and definitely deserved our point.

We've been the better team in our encounters with our top 6 rivals so far.

We did deserve to beat Arsenal (let's remember they too were two games in with new manager) but we were pulled wide open at times and they could easily have scored 3 or 4.

Utd were shockingly bad but we needed am injury time goal to get a point at home. A good team would have beaten them at a cantor, like City did the other week.

Look at the stats against Liverpool. They dominated possestion. An on form Salah would have punished us from the positions he found himself in.

Look. I think we are defo better than last season but I still think we have glaring wraknesses in defence, midfield and attack. I like to think its a positive to say we're doing pretty well but with so much room for improvement in every area of the team. I don't think City are going to get that much better than they already are from here on in, but we certainly can! 

The games v United, Arsenal and Liverpool could have gone either way. Because they were all home 5 pts is not great if you think we can win the League.  The 0-0 with Everton wasn't bad but could've done with 3 pts.

We're going the right way and playing good stuff, but like somebody said earlier wouldnt have a meltdown if they beat us on Saturday.

We'll beat them 6-1...Prefer it to be at WHL again but at our other home is ok.

2 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

You can pick a combined Chelsea/Tottenham XI here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46210713

Here's mine:

spurs_chelsea_xi-4d37d6f852813bab619cb812cbd99053.jpg

Will probably be that lineup . 

I hope Hazard is not too tired to play a full match after the useless couple of international matches. That is my only worry. 

It has been a few weeks since we last saw Hazard dazzle for us - the little injury, the international break - I hope he runs those useless buffoons ragged, smashes a few past Lloris and deflates some of the unmerited hype surrounding this pack of bottlers in our final Premier League match at Wembley.

Eriksen has caused us a lot of problems in the last few seasons, and this season we have been caught a few times with alonso pushed forward. Hopefully kovacic is fit because I think he does a better job than Barkley of covering that space.  

Really looking forward to this one though, spurs seem to have lost a little bit of energy in the middle of the park, with dembele starting to decline, and with sarri, I think we will see a lot more of the ball than we have in recent years. 

It's a massive game, if we go there and win, it would keep us in touch with city and Liverpool, if we get beat, we could get dragged back into a battle for 4th, especially with city away coming up aswell.