Sign in to follow this  
Mod Stark

The forum may be down for a bit....

Am trying to sort out our hosting problem for next year and will be testing out another service.

This means the forum will need to migrate to another server and will be down when it transfers over.

No idea how long it will take and no idea when.

Am trying my hardest to keep the site up for 2019, so bear with us.

Thank you for the warning, Lord Stark.  Please let us know if you need financial contributions towards the cost.

And thank you for all your hard work.  X

zeta, since the other topic, I was always meaning to get all the figures and server stats and have a chat.

I'll PM you when I get them. 

You'd be surprised at the strain on database on match days so need a pretty big set up. Concurrent connections is where we get caught.

2 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

Am trying to sort out our hosting problem for next year and will be testing out another service.

This means the forum will need to migrate to another server and will be down when it transfers over.

No idea how long it will take and no idea when.

Am trying my hardest to keep the site up for 2019, so bear with us.

I am involved with a sports network that hosts community and share tools. I was considering creating a Chelsea page just to be able to aggregate content, but if you're interested, hit me up skennedy@maven.io

it's an ad rev share, so there's no cost to you 

If you are seeing this post, it means it's migrated to a test server, so will see how this runs.

There might have been a few recent posts lost during migration, so apologies for that, but can't be helped. 

2 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

If you are seeing this post, it means it's migrated to a test server, so will see how this runs.

There might have been a few recent posts lost during migration, so apologies for that, but can't be helped. 

Absolutely love doing server migrates at work. Ha, a bit of sarcasm. But when done correctly, they usually go smoothly but I usually forget a small detail or 2 and sit there calling myself stupid for a few minutes :dash1:.! 

Good work!

haha exactly what I'm doing right now chief! I've been trying to sort out an archived database that is throwing an error. It's just one setting I think, but it's taking ages to work out.

I had to change the DNS so half of us are still posting on the old server. They will be a few pissed off people when they realise recent posts have suddenly disappeared.

Not quite, I posted a couple of things today ok, yet then saw your point about, 'if you are seeing this message you need to turn off your router and restart' or something similar.

I complied and now see that todays posts are not showing, not the end of the world by any means and was going to wait until tomorrow before re-posting, 

Oh, Lord Stark, we may have missed some words of wisdom from Strider! Lawksamussy! Also, I posted a brilliant Tom Lehrer song, which has fallen through today's black hole. I am inconsolable.

:sadwalk:

Probnably no use since they won't see this post, but if anyone has issues with it showing the old site and your message about the DNS. They can flush their DNS by going to Windows Command Line and typing "ipconfig /flushdns"