Two Transfer Window Ban?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

RLC and CHO looked to have no chances to make into the team at the start of the season, yet at this stage I'd say they cemented their spots in the first 11. Just to show if we give the young players chances, they may just make it. The transfer ban may not be the worst thing could happen to us,  Abrham may just nail that striker spot if he lifts his games and get chances next season

13 hours ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

You'd think there's some real backdoor shenanigans going on for it to take this long.

On the other hand if Bruce Buck phoned the FIFA committee tomorrow and they were like "oh right that thing, we forgot all about it... yeah nah I guess we'll decline it f you" then threw the phone back to the side of the pool I wouldn't be surprised either.

I thought a decision was going to be made Thursday so now suspect shenanigans too. 

On 28/04/2019 at 23:08, mwblue10 said:

Reports now are that there will be a ruling this coming week

Edit: https://chelseaecho.com/2019/04/28/chelseas-appeal-verdict-imminent/

My original understanding was that FIFA was to release its decision concerning our appeal prior to the commencement of the summer transfer window on 11 June 2019 but, of course, and resulting from the somewhat unlikely denouement of the EPL as far as settling the top 4 is concerned, the pressure on FIFA to release its decision within the next fortnight is now even more compelling from our point of view. No doubt the club will have already decided on its shortlist for the CAS arbitrator of its choice for any CAS appeal should that be necessary & I imagine that the club has already drafted its interim application for CAS to suspend the transfer ban whilst CAS deliberates on any appeal.

Just as an outsider looking in it’s difficult to understand why the appeals process takes so long. 

Anything relating to FIFA just seems to drag on (crowd racism charges for an example). I don’t really understand why. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Just as an outsider looking in it’s difficult to understand why the appeals process takes so long. 

Anything relating to FIFA just seems to drag on (crowd racism charges for an example). I don’t really understand why. 

There’s lots of money to change hands before decisions are made ???

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

The cynic in me thinks FIFA are purposely dragging this out, so that we cant appeal to CAS in time to buy players this summer. 

We were investigated for well over a year, so unless we have submitted some really compelling new evidence, or maybe FIFA are worried about the legality of there ruling compared with how other clubs have been dealt with. 

It seems strange they have been deliberating longer than jurys do in murder trials!

16 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Take it with a grain of stale table salt, but I heard Dan Levene this morning say that he is hearing the ban will be pushed back one window allowing us to be able to buy this summer.  

He is plugged in pretty well to Chelsea, isn’t he?  Fingers crossed!

16 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

He is plugged in pretty well to Chelsea, isn’t he?  Fingers crossed!

He is, But it seems to me that this would be an odd decision.  It just delays the exact same punishment,  Why wouldn't the original ban just be upheld?

1 minute ago, Boston Blue said:

He is, But it seems to me that this would be an odd decision.  It just delays the exact same punishment,  Why wouldn't the original ban just be upheld?

Im honestly surprised FIFA didn't suspend the punishment in the first place, if they deny us a window of buying then we get found innocent they would face an unprecedented lawsuit.

8 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Isnt this pretty much what has happened in the past with the Spanish teams though?

1 hour ago, Boston Blue said:

Because if they banned us for the summer and we ended up winning the case, we've lost a window of trade where we should never have done so.  I think FIFA could be sued then, might be wrong

FIFA are better off lifting it until the case is thoroughly decided, whether that is via CAS or not.  I will eat my hat if this ban is not lifted, there is no fair way of explaining it if they dont

Edited by RickUK

2 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

Take it with a grain of stale table salt, but I heard Dan Levene this morning say that he is hearing the ban will be pushed back one window allowing us to be able to buy this summer.  

Heard Gabriele Marcotti reporting something similar about a month ago on ESPN I'm almost convinced it will be pushed back.

3 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Rejected ban but allowed to sign players under 16... which is what we got banned for

Shambles lol.   CAS will lift it

Ha ha, how the hell do they come to that decision?

"Right, were banning you for signing those under 16`s....but if you want you can carry on doing it."

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Ha ha, how the hell do they come to that decision?

"Right, were banning you for signing those under 16`s....but if you want you can carry on doing it."

No idea.  I have always suspected CAS will freeze it at the minimum.