Two Transfer Window Ban?

Is there any chance to have one transfer window before ban? 

I think the biggest problem is midfielders, I don't think Masoun Mount can replace Kovacic, especially because he seems to be another offensive midfielders and Ampadu is not able to play in Jorginho's role. Of course, there will be another huge problem if Higuain goes away. 

Honestly, I think it's impossibile Hazard could leave without the possibility to replace him. Maybe CHO, but I hope he will stay. 

Edited by Raff_Sarrista

47 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

The most disappointing thing came out of this is we never got anything out of these youth players we allegedly 'illegally bought'. Traore has long gone, and won't be coming back even if we have a buy back clause. Even if we overturn the ban somehow, got look into how we buy and nurture youth players, because we aren't getting anything out of the investment. Sure we made some money out of selling players like Ake, but that's not what we had planned for.

.....and yet wouldn't it be utterly ironic, after all those youth failures, because of the ban we are forced to use the most promising youngsters on our books next season, not just one, but several players, and then they go on to cement a top four spot, possible with the help of our remaining senior players.

34 minutes ago, coco said:

.....and yet wouldn't it be utterly ironic, after all those youth failures, because of the ban we are forced to use the most promising youngsters on our books next season, not just one, but several players, and then they go on to cement a top four spot, possible with the help of our remaining senior players.

The kind of irony similar to winning the CL after hiring top managers and firing them and then just to hire a temporary manager who goes and delivers.

So for sure we can't sign anyone in the summer. I was really hoping about Rugani getting to the Bridge, shame.

I'm worried a bit but at the same time think that this can lower the expectations for everyone involved and the club can get rid of some pressure.

Ampadu,Mount,Abraham,Van Ginkel,Batshuayi - all good talents that can do a lot for the club.

I am pretty sure the ban relates to registration of new players. So we could buy a player but we wouldn't be able to register them. Athletico did that when they bought Diego Costa from us. I am not sure if we could buy a player and then loan them back though. Costa was obviously an unusual circumstance as there was no way he was going to play for us again at that point.

I think loans are handled the same way. I we already had a player on a long term loan they would already be registered so unaffected by the ban. But we cannot loan new players during the ban and that would include extensions to existing loans e.g. Higuain. Hopefully there is a loophole around that?

This could be a watershed moment for the club ......an opportunity to learn a painful lesson, revamp the academy / loan/ football factory system to comply with upcoming reg changes. Then instead of seeding UK & European leagues with players that couldn’t break into the 1st team (so far since JT we’ve seen 2 make it - Ruby & CHO, the latter has a transfer request on file); narrow down the mission to seeding the Chelsea 1st team squad. We can’t buy for 2 windows but we can unload, keep the most promising youth players and move on the young men who’ve been on multiple loans already - they ain’t gonna make it at CFC and let’s end the loan for profit system, there must be a better way to make money - like returning to the top where we had been for a decade or more without having to spunk 100 mill + every transfer window to buy ready made top talent. The club will need re structuring, people brought in - a DOF, executives that know football not cronies doing the Czar’s bidding sent from afar. It may hurt next season without a top striker, but we’ve suffered that for the past 2 so what’s the difference ? 

OR...the club/ Roman can let business go on as usual. Appeal to CAS as soon as possible, would open up the January window. Continue with the ad hoc transfer policy run by the Russian bird with the same hit or miss results, keep loaning out as many young players as the rules allow. Sack the manager in the off season for not making top 4, or sack him next year because he loses the dressing room again ! 

Let’s see which way it pans out, meanwhile there’s an important match on tomorrow COME ON CHELSEA !

17 hours ago, Snedger said:

I admire the positive spin on here. You should all work for the government and sell May's Brexit deal.

A transfer ban is a positive thing because it will force us to have a preseason with our amazing youngsters learning to play Sarriball perfectly and make all the other clubs in world football realise that signing players is completely unnecessary because a full preseason with youth players is better than signing experienced  international players. City, PSG, Real, Liverpool, United, Bayern and even ourselves have been simply chucking money away all these years. This transfer ban makes us nailed on favourites for the league next season!!

That's our story and we're sticking to it as long as need be.

7 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

The most disappointing thing came out of this is we never got anything out of these youth players we allegedly 'illegally bought'. Traore has long gone, and won't be coming back even if we have a buy back clause. Even if we overturn the ban somehow, got look into how we buy and nurture youth players, because we aren't getting anything out of the investment. Sure we made some money out of selling players like Ake, but that's not what we had planned for.

The ban isnt actually for signing players under 18. it's for using the players in games before they actually turned 18, I think some of them never even ended up with contracts. Now we are saying that these players were trialist, and the games were all unofficial, which was all in line with fa rules, however fifa are saying these games were official, and the fa have been fined for their part. 

I think it is very harsh punishment. Atletico's ban related to Chinese players brought over to Spain on trial because of their new Chinese investment, I dont think any of them ended up making the grade, but they used them in games they thought were unofficial aswell. 

No doubt we have had some dodgy dealings with some of youth players, what club hasn't? I think it's pretty common place for clubs to try to sign the best youngsters by using 'creative financial incentives' to the parents, but that isnt the rule we have been charged with. 

Seeing as the fa's guidelines aren't in line with fifa's, then I wouldn't be surprised if we arent the last club facing sanctions for this. 

Hopefully we can keep Higuain, you would imagine we could as we would have signed him to a 18 month loan to cover our backs.

Will be gutting seeing Kovacic inevitably go to Spurs however, ultilised correctly he will have serious impact.

15 hours ago, TheSage said:

This is going to set us back considerably. If Real are really interested in Hazard, he will be gone. CHO too may be gone. Sarri doesn't seem to trust the youth and a good number of the first teamers are on the wrong side of 30, so will be in a dire situation. We are already struggling as it is, and this makes it even harder. This ban has been coming. The whole loan-army thing has been a shady practice and we will finally pay the price for it. 

How did you arrive at that? CHO has more first team appearances that’s anyone his age in a top team in the PL. Now that RLC is healing up he is increasingly using him 

22 minutes ago, Argo said:

Hopefully we can keep Higuain, you would imagine we could as we would have signed him to a 18 month loan to cover our backs.

Will be gutting seeing Kovacic inevitably go to Spurs however, ultilised correctly he will have serious impact.

Of course it could just be rubbish but stories in the press that Juve are now desperately looking for another club for Higuain as they don't want him back

1 hour ago, Kentonio said:

Outrageous that the likes of Madrid can just have their bans postponed by appealing, but when we ask it's denied. I hope we take it to the court of sports arbitration and see what they say about there being one rule for one club and another for another.

It does seem like double standards, do we know why Madrid had a ban imposed on them?

6 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

It does seem like double standards, do we know why Madrid had a ban imposed on them?

I thought them, Atletico and Barca all got done for the same thing as us, shenanigans regarding youth players. I read just now though that the chairman of the appeals board took over after the Spanish cases, so he might be trying to toughen up the system. It still seems wildly unfair to us though, and hopefully CAS will agree.

5 hours ago, Kentonio said:

I thought them, Atletico and Barca all got done for the same thing as us, shenanigans regarding youth players. I read just now though that the chairman of the appeals board took over after the Spanish cases, so he might be trying to toughen up the system. It still seems wildly unfair to us though, and hopefully CAS will agree.

TBF it was an absolute joke that the Spanish clubs were able to postpone their bans in the first place, effectively getting around all the negative effects of what was supposed to be an unexpected ban.

But I agree said joke has to be extended equally to us too.

5 hours ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

TBF it was an absolute joke that the Spanish clubs were able to postpone their bans in the first place, effectively getting around all the negative effects of what was supposed to be an unexpected ban.

But I agree said joke has to be extended equally to us too.

I agree yet will they use us to set an example going forward?

6 minutes ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

That as encouraging story but I'm not sure where they get are getting their information from. There is nothing in the article beyond speculation. Based on previous cases FIFA typically take 6-8 months to respond to appeals. However once they do respond to the appeal, we have the option to take it to CAS. What I am unclear about is whether an appeal to CAS would automatically delay the punishment. At this point it is probably best to assume we won't be signing any players in the next window. I'm not sure that is the worst thing right now without a Director of Football to be honest.

While not ideal, the transfer ban could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount, Ruben Loftus Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Reece James. All talented players who could play regularly next season. No, it might not be enough to qualify for top four, but right now, that's the last thing we should be thinking of. The club is rotten to the core and the cycle of short term-ism needs to come to an end. 

Funnily enough though, I don't think Sarri is the one to take us forward. I would have liked Brendan to oversee our transition. The real one which is about to come up. 

22 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount, Ruben Loftus Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Reece James. All talented players who could play regularly next season. No, it might not be enough to qualify for top four, but right now, that's the last thing we should be thinking of. The club is rotten to the core and the cycle of short term-ism needs to come to an end. 

Funnily enough though, I don't think Sarri is the one to take us forward. I would have liked Brendan to oversee our transition. The real one which is about to come up. 

I'm not so sure about rotten to the core yet agree on short term-ism.

It would also be good to see young players coming forward yet how we do that and under whose guidance remains an open question.

39 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

If Sarri stays, the bolded 4 will likely either leave the club or ride the bench.  RLC is the only one who I think would play a lot.