Two Transfer Window Ban?

13 hours ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

He said he doesn't like to be involved in transfers so I'd hope the board hire a director of football that can buy players that meet his system. However, he did mention recently that he has already been discussing the players he wants next season with the board so I don't know what to expect

He doesn't like being involved in transfers probably because he wouldn't have a clue who to pick, admits can't motivate team, doesn't have a plan B, his plan A is sh*te, how the hell did this geezer get the job, and more importantly being embarrassed at Spurs and Arsenal, getting thrashed at city and BOURNEMOUTH, and pathetic performances at Wolves, Everton home and away, how's he still here?

37 minutes ago, chi blue said:

He doesn't like being involved in transfers probably because he wouldn't have a clue who to pick, admits can't motivate team, doesn't have a plan B, his plan A is sh*te, how the hell did this geezer get the job, and more importantly being embarrassed at Spurs and Arsenal, getting thrashed at city and BOURNEMOUTH, and pathetic performances at Wolves, Everton home and away, how's he still here?

Probably because he beat Tottenham in a cup semi, one of the first teams to be city in the league, nearly beating them in a cup final, beat Liverpool and arsenal in the league, 3 points of top 4 and still in Europa League where we've not been troubled.

He turned a sh*te Napoli into title contenders in Italy. That's how he got the job. 

He hasn't lost it because for the life of me I can't see who would replace him. You'd be an idiot to join Chelsea under a two year transfer ban. We'd end up with lampard who has no record at all. 

On 20/03/2019 at 13:11, forbzy said:

The best chance we have of making any signings in the summer is if FIFA respond to our appeal by the end of June. That way if they reject it as expected, we would still potentially have time to go to CAS for an appeal. We can potentially have the punishment postponed while CAS hear our appeal, but we have to get to that point first. Problem is FIFA aren't obliged to look at our appeal quickly and no doubt they will drag their heels.

Considering we previously had a 2 window FIFA ban completely thrown away by CAS, FIFA are unlikely to want to run the risk of being sued for the sake of it.

FIFA really are a joke, don’t get me wrong if we’ve broken the rules than we should accept the punishment. That said there needs to be consistency. 

Barca were handed there ban in April 2014, yet wasn’t fully imposed until 2015. Real and Athletico were also given the same ban/right to appeal. Leaving all clubs a transfer window. 

To change the rule now is pathetic, makes the decision very biased, even bordering racist? (Yeah I’m playing the racist card)

Given the pending sale of Hazard and ageing roster, this transfer window will be crucial to our next 2 campaigns. We need to

- sell/release a group of players

- integrate youth

- reinforce the squad for the next two seasons

I’m sorry, but our current youth players alone will not be enough. We are Chelsea ffs, were can’t accept 5-8 place for 3 years running. We are not real and Barca were quality players would be happy to sign and sit on the sideline for 12 months 

On 22/03/2019 at 07:56, bisright1 said:

Probably because he beat Tottenham in a cup semi, one of the first teams to be city in the league, nearly beating them in a cup final, beat Liverpool and arsenal in the league, 3 points of top 4 and still in Europa League where we've not been troubled.

He turned a sh*te Napoli into title contenders in Italy. That's how he got the job. 

He hasn't lost it because for the life of me I can't see who would replace him. You'd be an idiot to join Chelsea under a two year transfer ban. We'd end up with lampard who has no record at all. 

He didn't beat Liverpool in the league 

10 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

That is good news I assume. Because if the appeal is rejected by FIFA on April 11th I think we can then take our case to CAS. That step would allow us to put the punishment on hold while our appeal with CAS is reviewed.

It seems like we would have a reasonable time to get an appeal to CAS now, then I think it would be extremely likely the ban would be pending, until the appeal process is exhausted, which will take a few months no doubt. 

We will still be in a poor negotiating position in the summer though, with every club knowing we will be desperate. 

Just now, big blue said:

It seems like we would have a reasonable time to get an appeal to CAS now, then I think it would be extremely likely the ban would be pending, until the appeal process is exhausted, which will take a few months no doubt. 

We will still be in a poor negotiating position in the summer though, with every club knowing we will be desperate. 

Is there a possibility that the CAS appeal also gets heard quickly? 

10 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Is there a possibility that the CAS appeal also gets heard quickly? 

Not from what ive read. After this fifa appeal hearing, we should get a written report from fifa pretty quickly, then we can start proceedings with CAS. Then it is 6-12 months, and we can also appeal there decision further as well I think.

• 2 weeks later...

So the appeal starts today, but it might be a couple of weeks before we get an outcome. I think the best we could hope for is a stay of execution, while we appeal to CAS, and then hope CAS reduce the ban to 1 window, which would be next January. 

If the ban does get does get suspended pending appeal, the club are going to have some big decisions to make. We have to consider whether the older players have at least 2 seasons left in them, and we have belief that the young players we do trust are the real deal, and the players we do sign are going to be hits rather than misses, because when the window shuts in August, we could stuck with that squad for 2 seasons. 

We could have a wat chest if hazard goes, plus others, but it's going to make negotiations even more difficult, because we will look desperate. Maybe activating buy out clauses is the best option where possible. 

Anything could happen in the next 3/4 months, I think game of thrones is more predictable than Chelsea at the moment! 

5 hours ago, big blue said:

So the appeal starts today, but it might be a couple of weeks before we get an outcome. I think the best we could hope for is a stay of execution, while we appeal to CAS, and then hope CAS reduce the ban to 1 window, which would be next January. 

If the ban does get does get suspended pending appeal, the club are going to have some big decisions to make. We have to consider whether the older players have at least 2 seasons left in them, and we have belief that the young players we do trust are the real deal, and the players we do sign are going to be hits rather than misses, because when the window shuts in August, we could stuck with that squad for 2 seasons. 

We could have a wat chest if hazard goes, plus others, but it's going to make negotiations even more difficult, because we will look desperate. Maybe activating buy out clauses is the best option where possible. 

Anything could happen in the next 3/4 months, I think game of thrones is more predictable than Chelsea at the moment! 

If a miracle happens and we get the ban suspended, then we can't piss about like we usually do. We will need to identify targets quickly and get them signed quickly. Too often these days we seem to take an age to get a player signed and then we panic.

18 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

If a miracle happens and we get the ban suspended, then we can't piss about like we usually do. We will need to identify targets quickly and get them signed quickly. Too often these days we seem to take an age to get a player signed and then we panic.

I would like to think we have a plan in place for any outcome, but you know as well as I do, it is very unlikely we know what were doing these days! I suppose theres 3 massive factors we need answering before we enter the market should we be able. Have we made CL? is Sarri staying? is hazard staying? 

I dont trust the club to make the right signings these days, we dont seem to be interested in the big talents these days, which I find strange since we still spend big, and offer big wages. 

I wonder who will actually be choosing our targets. At a club our size it really shouldn't be that hard to identify players, it's not like we need to be scouting the French 2nd division looking for a bargain. A lot of fans could identify quality players, and with the scouting network we have in place and the money we have to spend, its mind boggling we have allowed ourselves to be caught by liverpool, spurs, and arsenal, by wasting money on players, the average fan could see weren't good enough. 

Really hope we get it right this summer, I think it's going to be the most important in the Roman era, if we get it wrong, then I can see a change in ownership by the time the ban is up. 

10 hours ago, Ray_Cfc said:

Rumours have it that this will go to the CAS and the appeal will go past July 1st so we should be good to sign players in the summer if true.Although it was Gabriele Marcotti reporting that so who knows.

It will definitely go to CAS, but unless the fifa appeals committee, rule against the fifa disciplinary panel, then we will be banned will start before the appeal process has been finished with CAS. 

I have feeling that the Fifa appeals committee will actually suspend the ban pending the CAS appeal,  since that has always been the case, and it leaves fifa open to all sort of legal proceedings, should we serve a ban, and then have it overturned by CAS. 

Apparently the FA secretly sanctioned four Premier League clubs last season for breaching youth development rules. When confronted with this Chelsea's defence essentially amounted to "All the Premier League clubs are doing it, so why are you picking on us?". 

Good article here on how clubs are grooming youth players from overseas with particular focus on our recruitment of a then 12 year old Croatian goalkeeper Karlo Ziger

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/football-leaks-how-british-football-signed-youth-talent-a-1262635.html

I know there was no specific timetable for a decision on our appeal, but I feel like the longer we go without a decision, the higher the probability is that we might get some sort of favorable decision.  If there was nothing new in the appeal that warranted consideration/re-consideration, then it could have been quickly and easily denied/dismissed.

On 15/04/2019 at 09:27, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently the FA secretly sanctioned four Premier League clubs last season for breaching youth development rules. When confronted with this Chelsea's defence essentially amounted to "All the Premier League clubs are doing it, so why are you picking on us?". 

Good article here on how clubs are grooming youth players from overseas with particular focus on our recruitment of a then 12 year old Croatian goalkeeper Karlo Ziger

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/football-leaks-how-british-football-signed-youth-talent-a-1262635.html

So if sanctions were imposed on 4 clubs why is it only us being chased by UEFA?