Two Transfer Window Ban?

6 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently it's not, FIFA are investigating up to 4 other Premier League clubs for similar offences to us. 

Ah right, not a lot of coverage of that, though I seem to remember City being named recently.

Edited by dkw

I am not very confident that we will win our appeal. It seems as though our case is based around the fact that other clubs do it too rather than challenging that we broke the rules. The only question is whether FIFA chooses to play it cautious and postpone the ban until CAS have reviewed the appeal. 

10 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I am not very confident that we will win our appeal. It seems as though our case is based around the fact that other clubs do it too rather than challenging that we broke the rules. The only question is whether FIFA chooses to play it cautious and postpone the ban until CAS have reviewed the appeal. 

They've already rejected the opportunity to do that haven't they?

2 hours ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

That relates to the appeal currently being reviewed by FIFA. Assuming the reject the appeal and uphold the ban, our next step is to take the case to CAS. At that point FIFA also have the option to suspend the ban. It probably depends on whether they think our case with CAS goes anywhere. 

3 hours ago, big blue said:

That decision could be overturned with the appeal hearing that has started a week ago. The ban may stay, but the punishment could be delayed until all appeals are exhausted. 

29 minutes ago, forbzy said:

That relates to the appeal currently being reviewed by FIFA. Assuming the reject the appeal and uphold the ban, our next step is to take the case to CAS. At that point FIFA also have the option to suspend the ban. It probably depends on whether they think our case with CAS goes anywhere. 

Think you guys are slightly misunderstanding, once FIFA have dealt with this appeal that's the end of their involvement completely, we then appeal to CAS who take over the matter and can independently force FIFA to suspend/reduce/cancel our ban. The decision for FIFA not to postpone the ban pending the outcome of our appeal to them has already been made, and their appeal process is about to be finished anyway.

Edited by Fatty_Speeding

46 minutes ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

Think you guys are slightly misunderstanding, once FIFA have dealt with this appeal that's the end of their involvement completely, we then appeal to CAS who take over the matter and can independently force FIFA to suspend/reduce/cancel our ban. The decision for FIFA not to postpone the ban pending the outcome of our appeal to them has already been made, and their appeal process is about to be finished anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up. In that case I was mistaken and we have to hope that eithe FIFA cancels the ban after our appeal, or CAS forces their hand.

45 minutes ago, CFCholland said:
7 hours ago, abramovich said:
Not good.

Don't think that matters for us. We don't plan, we usually chase someone for three quarters of the window and then just panick buy anyway.

Completely agree. Going on our last three years (I include Pulisic in this) we'll faff around either chasing entirely unattainable targets with no backups and then buy dross on the last day OR pick some absolutely medicore young player with one good season in a different league  and spend way too much on him, despite him not fitting at all with our approach.

Transfer ban could be good - Jay, Reece, Mason and Tammy would be good additions in problem areas.

Nobody else to blame but themselves for getting into this mess. Tapping up and/or signing underage players was never going to turn out well. On top of that, it's ridiculous idea because why risk our future transfer abilities because to sign a few underage players who will never even play for the club. The utter imcompetence at times from the hierarchy at this club is mind boggling. 

11 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Completely agree. Going on our last three years (I include Pulisic in this) we'll faff around either chasing entirely unattainable targets with no backups and then buy dross on the last day OR pick some absolutely medicore young player with one good season in a different league  and spend way too much on him, despite him not fitting at all with our approach.

Transfer ban could be good - Jay, Reece, Mason and Tammy would be good additions in problem areas.

I am all for bringing back some youth, but the problem with that is we need top class players to challenge for trophies, not youth. While our rivals will be signing top tier (not exactly elite, but top tier) players, we will be relying on youth to come from playing in the championship to all of a sudden putting in elite performances. We lose Hazard, we will be in trouble next season. We have nobody else who is capable of being a game changer. I really don't think Tammy or Mason will be that. Who else do we have?  

29 minutes ago, enigma said:

I am all for bringing back some youth, but the problem with that is we need top class players to challenge for trophies, not youth. While our rivals will be signing top tier (not exactly elite, but top tier) players, we will be relying on youth to come from playing in the championship to all of a sudden putting in elite performances. We lose Hazard, we will be in trouble next season. We have nobody else who is capable of being a game changer. I really don't think Tammy or Mason will be that. Who else do we have?  

I guess my point is that we're not signing top class players anyway. When the choice is between American Marko Marin and the youth I know who I'm picking.

Plenty of the Ajax team who are playing CL semi finals lost to our team in the youth cup a few years ago. They were given a shot. Our guys arent.

Don't know whether I'm bothered or not about this potential ban. Regardless of who is manager next season, some of the youth we currently have out on loan need to be part of the squad next season. Lets be honest, the clubs latest purchases have been poo! And the likes of James, CHO and Tammy at least need to be given the chance to prove themselves!

You'd think there's some real backdoor shenanigans going on for it to take this long.

On the other hand if Bruce Buck phoned the FIFA committee tomorrow and they were like "oh right that thing, we forgot all about it... yeah nah I guess we'll decline it f you" then threw the phone back to the side of the pool I wouldn't be surprised either.