Two Transfer Window Ban?

Of course the underlying question that should be asked is why we do not have a DoF oversee all football recruitment and development.

The fact that we are being banned for 29 breaches from 92 investigated cases where we have, allegedly, massaged the system and coerced parents into letting us have first dibs on their bright little stars, for not a single one of them to yet break through and feature for the club, is a damning indictment of the farcical infrastructure that we have had in place.

If you are going to cop a ban and half a million pound fine, get some benefit out of breaking the rules first, surely.

42 minutes ago, Sindre said:

We do have some great talents.
But in that case we'll need a manager who will put faith in them. I have strong doubts Sarri is that man.
First of all our two biggest talents have so far not signed an extension citing lack of playing time as the main reason and secondly he simply doesn't show much interesting in our youth in general. He's not even been to a youth-game yet.

Partly agree. Sarri has given plenty of game-time for younger players like RLC and CHO. But he does keep repeating one thing; They have to be ready, and as good as the alternatives - otherwise it would make no sense playing them - just because they're young.

I do believe he's interested in giving them minutes - but not necessarily with the matters of:

- Tammy over the likes of Higuaín, if he could keep him. 
- Reece James over Azpi.
- Mount over RLC and/or Kovacic - if he stays. 
- Ampadu over Jorginho - as he is the core of the team. 

And it makes perfect sense. They shouldn't just go in and be first team starters - unless they're ready for it. 

Sarri plays whatever team he believe to be the strongest - not the one that potentially will be strongest. That's not his job. He can't know how long his reign will last. He's hired to get results as well as playing the style of football we saw with Napoli.

However, I do believe he'd be willing to give young players a chance to play, should the board give him some promises in keeping the job - even if we're out in the group stage of CHL and finish outside top four next year. 

Just guessing though.

statement made

Club still adamant

'Chelsea FC categorically refutes the findings of the FIFA Appeal Committee. It acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and will appeal the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).'

Edited by RickUK
Of course the underlying question that should be asked is why we do not have a DoF oversee all football recruitment and development.
The fact that we are being banned for 29 breaches from 92 investigated cases where we have, allegedly, massaged the system and coerced parents into letting us have first dibs on their bright little stars, for not a single one of them to yet break through and feature for the club, is a damning indictment of the farcical infrastructure that we have had in place.
If you are going to cop a ban and half a million pound fine, get some benefit out of breaking the rules first, surely.
Because we had a good one but he kept getting blasted by fan's who only saw his value once he left
Just now, forbzy said:

Is it CAS who would potentially enforce a delay in the ban? Or would it be FIFA delaying the ban proactively to avoid legal costs if we win our appeal with CAS?

CAS.  Sports lawyer on twitter said the following

Expect Chelsea to file a statement of appeal before the CAS within the next few days along with a request for provisional measures under Rule R37 to stay (temporarily lift) the ban while the appeals process is ongoing.

Just now, RickUK said:

CAS.  Sports lawyer on twitter said the following

Expect Chelsea to file a statement of appeal before the CAS within the next few days along with a request for provisional measures under Rule R37 to stay (temporarily lift) the ban while the appeals process is ongoing.

Thanks. So it sounds like that would be pretty standard practice. I suppose there is also a possibility that CAS comes back fairly quickly and fails to reduce our ban, in which case the window would close for us again?

Just now, forbzy said:

Thanks. So it sounds like that would be pretty standard practice. I suppose there is also a possibility that CAS comes back fairly quickly and fails to reduce our ban, in which case the window would close for us again?

Well previously in similar cases, CAS have taken 3months or so, which takes us to August.  I wouldnt expect a definite appeal answer anytime soon, hence why CAS may lift it while the process is ongoing as it will drag past the summer window IMO

Just now, RickUK said:

Well previously in similar cases, CAS have taken 3months or so, which takes us to August.  I wouldnt expect a definite appeal answer anytime soon, hence why CAS may lift it while the process is ongoing as it will drag past the summer window IMO

Yes. Based on previous cases my guess is we will be able to conduct normal business this window. Then CAS will get our ban reduced to one window which we will serve in January.

Hopefully we now move to get a decent Director of Football before we sign any players.

1 minute ago, forbzy said:

Yes. Based on previous cases my guess is we will be able to conduct normal business this window. Then CAS will get our ban reduced to one window which we will serve in January.

Hopefully we now move to get a decent Director of Football before we sign any players.

Jake Cohen on twitter is a sports lawyer (and chelsea fan i think) he is quite clued up

16 minutes ago, Brutos said:
55 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Because we had a good one but he kept getting blasted by fan's who only saw his value once he left

Wasn't he around in the period we broke these rules??

And on WhiteWalls post, buying young stars is akin to buying 100 lottery tickets. There is more chance none of them are winners than any of them being winners.

Edited by Stim

Jake Cohen (sports lawyer):

"While appeal itself will take months, the CAS will decide on whether to approve Chelsea’s request to temporarily lift the ban pending the outcome of the appeal shortly after FIFA has a chance to respond to Chelsea’s request.

Expect CAS to approve this request within a few weeks."

Also found this one on Twitter. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Jake Cohen (sports lawyer):

"While appeal itself will take months, the CAS will decide on whether to approve Chelsea’s request to temporarily lift the ban pending the outcome of the appeal shortly after FIFA has a chance to respond to Chelsea’s request.

Expect CAS to approve this request within a few weeks."

Also found this one on Twitter. 

barca and real 2-3 months between appeal lodged and hearing.  Atletico almost 7 months.   Thats why i think CAS will have to put a temporary freeze on the ban during the summer

10 minutes ago, tmarmsi said:

Will massively inflate prices, clubs will know we are desperate. 

And does anyone have faith that, still no director of football, still the same transfer makers of the past few seasons, that we dont just end up with more Drinkwaters, Bakas, Zappacostas etc etc?