Barry Bridges

Two Transfer Window Ban?

4 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

And does anyone have faith that, still no director of football, still the same transfer makers of the past few seasons, that we dont just end up with more Drinkwaters, Bakas, Zappacostas etc etc?

Nothing wrong with Drinkwater mate, had a stellar season.

🤣

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

And does anyone have faith that, still no director of football, still the same transfer makers of the past few seasons, that we dont just end up with more Drinkwaters, Bakas, Zappacostas etc etc?

Duplicate :face_palm:

Edited by DannyBoy

5 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Nope. If we sign anyone this summer, it'll be more dross we can't get rid of next year.

2 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Nope. If we sign anyone this summer, it'll be more dross we can't get rid of next year.

Starting with Kovacic and Higuain no doubt.

2 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Upsetting to think that not so long ago we were half decent at signing players that fit together to make up a proper team. Sad sight to behold lately the calibre of the players that we have been signing. Turning into a bit of a laughing stock really lol. Pair that with not being able to keep hold of a manager for more than 2 seasons.

We are so f**ked. So we get one transfer window where we'll get robbed blind for even mediocre players and that will mean that we'll probably buy a couple of less than mediocre players. Then two windows without any signings and then back to to getting ripped off for the first window after that.

Even Sarri has said it will be very difficult to improve at all without signing and couple of players. I guess the best way to look at it is that by the time we can start to improve our squad again maybe Pep will have left City.

I dont think we will go absolutely mental this summer come to think of it, if CAS temporarily lift it as expected. But we probably need to, and spend big on quality

2 minutes ago, RickUK said:

I dont think we will go absolutely mental this summer come to think of it, if CAS temporarily lift it as expected. But we probably need to, and spend big on quality

We're a ship taking on a hell of a lot of water recently, and doesn't look likely to change at least for the next couple of year... How many top quality world class players can we realistically expect to sign if the ban does get temporarily lifted. As others have stated: we'll make a handful of knee jerk panic buys that turn out to be wasters.

Just now, DannyBoy said:

We're a ship taking on a hell of a lot of water recently, and doesn't look likely to change at least for the next couple of year... How many top quality world class players can we realistically expect to sign if the ban does get temporarily lifted. As others have stated: we'll make a handful of knee jerk panic buys that turn out to be wasters.

In fairness we did spend quite a bit last summer. Kepa was a world-record for a goalkeeper and Jorginho was the managers first choice. Higuain came in, in january as the managers first choice striker.

Right now i am more worried about backing the wrong manager. If it gets lifted we know he wants Higuain to remain our striker and i don't think he's good enough for example.

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 09:12, Boston Blue said:

Take it with a grain of stale table salt, but I heard Dan Levene this morning say that he is hearing the ban will be pushed back one window allowing us to be able to buy this summer.  

Really stale table salt apparently...…….mouldy.  

4 minutes ago, Sindre said:

In fairness we did spend quite a bit last summer. Kepa was a world-record for a goalkeeper and Jorginho was the managers first choice. Higuain came in, in january as the managers first choice striker.

Right now i am more worried about backing the wrong manager. If it gets lifted we know he wants Higuain to remain our striker and i don't think he's good enough for example.

Higuain is washed up now I will be disappointed if we sign him. Doesn't the club have a policy of not offering contracts to players over 30? 

3 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Really stale table salt apparently...…….mouldy.  

Could he have been referring to the case going to CAS?

I think we all should have expected FIFA to reject the appeal.  In fact, I think it is great news that they did solely based on the fact that we have a decision rendered from them and can now move to the next step.  The worry was never that they would reject the appeal, it was that they would take a massively long time and hinder us from going to CAS in time to get the ban frozen by them.

Or ask ourselves this, how many top top players or even players that have been bang on form in other leagues actually want to sign/play for Chelsea? Sad to say but there are better performing/run clubs than us, I think our market now is players with potential, so why not use our loan army.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, zes said:

Higuain is washed up now I will be disappointed if we sign him. Doesn't the club have a policy of not offering contracts to players over 30? 

Would have thought the club has procedures in place to negate knee jerk signings like Drinkwater et al but that doesn't seem to be the case either. I'd dread to think what's going to happen to be honest.

3 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Could he have been referring to the case going to CAS?

I think we all should have expected FIFA to reject the appeal.  In fact, I think it is great news that they did solely based on the fact that we have a decision rendered from them and can now move to the next step.  The worry was never that they would reject the appeal, it was that they would take a massively long time and hinder us from going to CAS in time to get the ban frozen by them.

Yeah it was reported that we expected the FIFA decision a while ago, and needed the decision to be official before we could take it to the CAS.

Edited by DannyBoy

2 minutes ago, Stim said:

Christ some of you sound like we are getting ready to battle relegation

Careful mate, you never know... 😅

6 minutes ago, zes said:

I could be wring, but I thought we already had some sort of agreement in place to make the signing permanent at the end of the loan. Obviously that was subject to us being able to do transfers though.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I could be wring, but I thought we already had some sort of agreement in place to make the signing permanent at the end of the loan. Obviously that was subject to us being able to do transfers though.

Didn't think it was an agreement as such, more so the option to make it permanent at the end of the loan..?

EDIT: Jesus christ, he was our #1 transfer target apparently.. a 31 year old striker. Scraping the barrel.

Edited by DannyBoy

I think we can sign players this next window but be held for next January and summer. I expect CAS to freeze it and we are able to do business for a couple of months. 

Hopefully it means Kovacic and Higuain are out the door and we buy backup for Jorg, Kova. Buy new striker qt least. 

48 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

Nothing wrong with Drinkwater mate, had a stellar season.

🤣

Certainly was driving force alright...

4 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

A good striker is a must if the ban gets lifted 

Who?

There is so much pessimism on here it’s unhealthy. You would not believe that we are actually third in the league, reached one cup final and might reach another. A sense of perspective is needed, or people might view elements of our support as glory hunters.

Are things really that bad?

Yes, we are not where we were a few years back. But let’s keep an open mind. All things considered Sarri has had a successful first season and no doubt will have learnt a lot about the PL.

Surely it can’t be all doom and gloom? People saying, we are a laughing stock and we are f***ed. I just don’t buy it.

But let’s say people are right and we are really are doomed. A silver lining will be the tourists will stop coming and we will get our atmosphere back at the Bridge. But in all seriousness, we are not doomed. Chelsea are in my blood and I want them to win but sometimes people need to lighten up.

4 minutes ago, The Swan said:

There is so much pessimism on here it’s unhealthy. You would not believe that we are actually third in the league, reached one cup final and might reach another. A sense of perspective is needed, or people might view elements of our support as glory hunters.

Are things really that bad?

Yes, we are not where we were a few years back. But let’s keep an open mind. All things considered Sarri has had a successful first season and no doubt will have learnt a lot about the PL.

Surely it can’t be all doom and gloom? People saying, we are a laughing stock and we are f***ed. I just don’t buy it.

But let’s say people are right and we are really are doomed. A silver lining will be the tourists will stop coming and we will get our atmosphere back at the Bridge. But in all seriousness, we are not doomed. Chelsea are in my blood and I want them to win but sometimes people need to lighten up.

tenor.gif