Jump to content

Barry Bridges

Two Transfer Window Ban?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

I know a lot are hoping our ban gets postponed, but I am not. If we cannot sign then we cannot keep Higuain or Kovacic, the former no longer good enough the latter never likely to be.

 

If we cannot sign it forces us to give our young players/loanded players a go to fill the gaps, gaps partly created by 2 young players given a chance and now down injured ironically.

 

GK: Kepa, Willy, Green(or Blackman)

Full backs: James, Zappa, Emerson, Alonso, Azpi

Centerbacks: Rudiger, Luiz, Christensen, Zouma

Registra: Jorginho, Ampadu

Center mids: Kante, Bakayoko, Barkley, Mount, Pasalic

Wide Forwards: Pulisic, CHO, Willian, Brown

Strikers: Batman, Abraham

 

Not ideal and weaker than what we have now, naturally with no Hazard. We cope for a season, the ban is done and we can get back to normal. I would be excited to see what the likes of James, Ampadu, Mount, Pasalic, Pulisic and Abraham could offer.

 

I know the forward line looks really weak, but no weaker than Morata, Higuain and to a lesser degree, Giroud, have done this season.

can guarantee almost that with a ban, our team next year is probably the 11 that faced Leicester.  Maybe Emerson for Alonso.  And Pulisic for Hazard.   Barkley for Kova etc.  The usual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RickUK said:

can guarantee almost that with a ban, our team next year is probably the 11 that faced Leicester.  Maybe Emerson for Alonso.  And Pulisic for Hazard.   Barkley for Kova etc.  The usual

Could well be, same back 5 are possible, Kante and Barkely for Kova and RLC, Willian and Pulisic for Hazard and Pedro. Still a spot open up top though, Higuain could not stay and seems Giroud may not want to so maybe Tammy?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody have any idea of the time frame for our CAS hearing, i would of thought their would be an imminent ruling, whilst our hearing is duly investigated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Does anybody have any idea of the time frame for our CAS hearing, i would of thought their would be an imminent ruling, whilst our hearing is duly investigated?

I was coming to ask the same thing. Window is open now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Well, we need to get our asses in gear. There is no time to piss about here. If we can't make any transfers in the summer, then I think we are heading for a battle with the mid table teams at best next season.

I was going to say that the club aren't stupid.. but thinking about it I'm not so sure.

But I'd like to hope that at least legally they know what they're doing in this situation. If they haven't submitted the appeal yet they've done it for a reason... Let's remind ourselves of the thoughts of many on this forum (granted no one here so far as we know makes any of the decision LOL), get the feeling based on history that if we did get it stayed we'd be probably make some ridiculous panic buys in reaction. 

No point getting the ban stayed (i can't see us getting it completely thrown out) if we'd just end up buying more garbage for the next season.

Edited by DannyBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DannyBoy said:

I was going to say that the club aren't stupid.. but thinking about it I'm not so sure.

But I'd like to hope that at least legally they know what they're doing in this situation. If they haven't submitted the appeal yet they've done it for a reason... Let's remind ourselves of the thoughts of many on this forum (granted no one here so far as we know makes any of the decision LOL), get the feeling based on history that if we did get it stayed we'd be probably make some ridiculous panic buys in reaction. 

No point getting the ban stayed (i can't see us getting it completely thrown out) if we'd just end up buying more garbage for the next season.

CAS have never overturned a FIFA or UEFA decision.  So while our ban may get frozen, it likely would still be imposed at some point.  So maybe the club's thinking is to use next season as a rebuild.  You accept the ban this summer and next winter, you let Sarri go, you bring in Frank & Jody, you to commit to bringing in and playing your best youth (Academy & returning loanees).  You let Frank & Jody develop the youth players, they get another year of managerial experience with little pressure of expectation, and we are ready to go full tilt in the summer of 2020.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

CAS have never overturned a FIFA or UEFA decision.  So while our ban may get frozen, it likely would still be imposed at some point.  So maybe the club's thinking is to use next season as a rebuild.  You accept the ban this summer and next winter, you let Sarri go, you bring in Frank & Jody, you to commit to bringing in and playing your best youth (Academy & returning loanees).  You let Frank & Jody develop the youth players, they get another year of managerial experience with little pressure of expectation, and we are ready to go full tilt in the summer of 2020.  

Yeah, probably discussing whether it's just better to bite the bullet and suck it up for the next season. Would avoid any knee jerk buys that'd likely just turn out to be useless. 

Question then is what do they do with hazard if they decide to let the ban stand and get those 2 windows out the way? Do we make him unhappy and force him to stay and let him go for a free next season? Considering the CHO / RLC situation and not being able to get anyone else in, think we'd have to be mad to allow him to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, evissy said:

Morata wants to stay so we basically have to get the ban held. 

He said he wants to stay at Athletico for the rest of his career.  Or until the supporters boo him.  Whichever comes first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Telegraph has a bit more coverage on the Matt Law story:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/17/chelsea-delay-applying-cas-freeze-two-window-transfer-ban/

 

I can understand why the club may just decide to start the punishment now if they anticipate that CAS won't reduce it. Although it certainly leaves us thin on the ground for the next year and reliant on youth products. I think I am more worried to read about possible deals for Kovacic and Higuaín in the article. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DannyBoy said:

Yeah, probably discussing whether it's just better to bite the bullet and suck it up for the next season. Would avoid any knee jerk buys that'd likely just turn out to be useless. 

Question then is what do they do with hazard if they decide to let the ban stand and get those 2 windows out the way? Do we make him unhappy and force him to stay and let him go for a free next season? Considering the CHO / RLC situation and not being able to get anyone else in, think we'd have to be mad to allow him to leave.

And the price would go way up on any player we would want to buy on a frozen ban because selling teams would know how desperate we would be to get that player in before any ban would be imposed.

The Hazard issue is simple.  If Real meet our price, we let him have his dream move.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

And the price would go way up on any player we would want to buy on a frozen ban because selling teams would know how desperate we would be to get that player in before any ban would be imposed.

The Hazard issue is simple.  If Real meet our price, we let him have his dream move.  

 

Agreed. I think we will go into next season with the players we currently have, including the best of those currently returning from loans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, forbzy said:

 

I can understand why the club may just decide to start the punishment now if they anticipate that CAS won't reduce it. Although it certainly leaves us thin on the ground for the next year and reliant on youth products. I think I am more worried to read about possible deals for Kovacic and Higuaín in the article. 

I'm reading that we are not having any discussions about Higuaín returning to us.  I thinks it's painfully clear to all that he is well off the pace of the Premier League.  

I think Kovacic could return if Sarri stays so he'd have his Jorginho back up. But for how long?  

If we go with the youth/Frank/Jody scenario, there's no reason to have him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

I'm reading that we are not having any discussions about Higuaín returning to us.  I thinks it's painfully clear to all that he is well off the pace of the Premier League.  

I think Kovacic could return if Sarri stays so he'd have his Jorginho back up. But for how long?  

If we go with the youth/Frank/Jody scenario, there's no reason to have him.  

That is my concern too. In the short term I understand why we might consider Kovacic as cover, but even then does he really offer more than other squad options that could be available next season e.g. Mount, Ampadu, even Trevoh Chalobah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely we have be hoping to get it reduced to one window, and serve it in january? 

Just accepting a ban for this summer doesnt seem beneficial to me. CAS have reduced bans to a single window before aswell, so there is precedent. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the benefit of not appealing? If they don't overturn, we serve it.  If they do overturn, we get back either 1 or both windows.  Is someone being last and just doesn't like paperwork?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One other thing to consider is the future of Sarri. There has been speculation that he may go back to Italy or may even be replaced by the board this summer. If that is the case the board may have decided it times it better to serve the ban now and bring in a manager to build the new team around the academy products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could quite simply be that we have notified CAS of our intention to appeal, or bring the case to them, but haven't submitted it yet whilst lawyers for the club put a case together,

 

All we had to do was notify them that an appeal was to be made.  You'd then get a timeframe to submit it.

Chelsea FC categorically refutes the findings of the FIFA Appeal Committee. It acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and will appeal the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).'

 

That is literally from our official club website, we will appeal. It's quite clear

If the club had the intention to ride it out this season and go again from next summer, appealing to FIFA was totally pointless.  CAS have indeed overruled FIFA/UEFA before, in our favour over Kakuta.

 

Chelsea's main reason for going to CAS would be to get this summer window to be active, and just serve a ban in Jan 2020 with a bit of luck.  Going another season without additions or replacements for those who leave, because players will go, is almost asking to finish outside top 4 IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When did we get FIFA's decision not to overturn (which was totally expected), 8th May?  Its been 9 days, so when you consider that's 9 days to notify of intention to appeal, speak to lawyers, sort paperwork or whatever, it's not exactly long.  Plus the USA trip where officials would have probably attended.

 

I suspect in this instance, Matt Law could be wrong.  I think that is why his article covers all bases, so he is right whatever way it goes.  If we had delayed or decided not to go to CAS, there'd be a further club statement is my guess, especially as we have already had one confirming an appeal

Edited by RickUK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically the window opened today so we are currently serving our ban. That is not to say we won't submit our case to CAS in the coming weeks and eventually get a freeze in place. But based on the timing of the window and the limited length I am surprised the club didn't get everything submitted straight away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...