Two Transfer Window Ban?

it has been confirmed by FIFA, 2 consecutive transfer windows ban. if we don't contest it, we won't be able to transfer anything in the summer, which in the current situation is an absolute disaster. Someone at the top level in Chelsea FC must be held accountable for this whole situatopn

Not too fussed. We might be able to delay it it with an appeal, so we can still spend in the summer. Otherwise, let's see some of the academy boys get a shot next season. 

2 years would've been a game changer, but realistically a 1 year ban doesn't effect things too much.

Hopefully the club dont start dishing out long term contracts to older players though.

Not good at all.
We better hope the appeal takes time and we get the summer window. Otherwise we are all kinds of screwed with old wingers, Hazard likely leaving, CHOs future uncertain and so on.

We have breached regulation in 29(!) cases. That seems like a ton. How many breaches did Real and Atletico have?

Edited by Sindre

5 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Not good at all.
We better hope the appeal takes time and we get the summer window. Otherwise we are all kinds of screwed with old wingers, Hazard likely leaving, CHOs future uncertain and so on.

We have breached regulation in 29(!) cases. That seems like a ton. How many breaches did Real and Atletico have?

No point even entertaining selling hazard though now since we can't even spend the money. Might aswell let him see his contract out, same with CHO. 

Who knows, maybe hazard will take pity on our situation like griezmann did and sign an extension. 

If we can't sign any players in the summer, then I think sarri needs to be sacked, because he hasn't shown enough willingness to play the youth, and that is what we will need next season.

1 minute ago, big blue said:

No point even entertaining selling hazard though now since we can't even spend the money. Might aswell let him see his contract out, same with CHO. 

I think the chances of the club letting Hazard's contract run down is essentially zero.

And i very much agree with your last point. It's essential that we get someone good with the youth now.

Just now, big blue said:

I wonder whether higuain can stay? I know theres an option for a second season, hopefully it wouldn't be seen as a new loan.

Do you want him to stay? 2 goals in 5 games with that 2 coming against the worst side in the league is average IMO. He did go 2 goals in 14 games with Milan I think. 

Loaning/Signing him next year with Sarri in charge is a dangerous game. Like Jorginho he will be another blind spot that will be undroppable no matter how awful he is.

1 minute ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:
4 minutes ago, big blue said:
I wonder whether higuain can stay? I know theres an option for a second season, hopefully it wouldn't be seen as a new loan.

We'd have to trigger the extended loan option, we can't sign him.

I get that, I was just unsure whether we could trigger that extension with the ban in place. Kovacic is definitely out of the question now aswell.

1 minute ago, ducavis said:

Do you want him to stay? 2 goals in 5 games with that 2 coming against the worst side in the league is average IMO. He did go 2 goals in 14 games with Milan I think. 

Loaning/Signing him next year with Sarri in charge is a dangerous game. Like Jorginho he will be another blind spot that will be undroppable no matter how awful he is.

If the options are giroud, batshuayi, Higuian, and Abraham. I would prefer to use the latter 2 in the squad. 

2 minutes ago, ekimozturk said:

Spuds hasnt signed anyone for 2 windows. If we can make use of our young players, not too bothered to be honest. Realistically we’ll appeal and have the summer window to buy a few players. It’ll also probably go down to a 1 window ban.

True, but they already a good youthful squad suited to the manager's style

Edited by MANoWAR

Sounds really bad at face value, but history suggests that this is likely to be reduced to a one window ban.

I am certain we will appeal, which probably means that one window will be next January. Not really a disaster if that is the case.

Worst case scenario we  bring back some younger players out on loan; James, Mount, Abraham etc and actually play the likes of Ampadu, CHO, RLC etc.

Starting to get on board with the ban to be honest... ;-)