Barry Bridges

Two Transfer Window Ban?

So if we were to buy a player, we'd have to send them out on loan and they can't register with us until the ban is uplifted?

Not sure how I feel about this, but its not the end of the world. Maybe finally we'll start integrating some youth players into the team because we have no other choice :D

A massive squad overhaul is needed anyway

Edited by ENygma

2 minutes ago, dan_cfc said:

Yet psg and citeh can spunk unlimited amounts of money without anyone batting an eyelid load of corrupt sh*t, that being said I'm sure we will find a way around it as Barca and Madrid did.

City and PSG, as far as I know, haven't signed a large amount of underage players though. At the moment both those clubs are innocent of any wrongdoing, if they even committed any wrong doing in the first place. 

Chelsea will appeal, the appeal process will take long enough that they will be able to operate during the summer window and make signings. What will be interesting is how aggressive Chelsea are in this window.

The problem with relying on pur youth on loan is that we are putting all our eggs in one basket expecting them to be better than what we have and improve us.

I don't deny that we have some talented youngsters on loan, but we need to slow our roll on thinking the youth will make us title/trophy challengers. This ban will need to act as a transition period I think,  for a whole club overhaul.

The club have messed up here. If they are trying to run a successful business, they have made a massive balls up here. Investors will think twice before investing in us as a company due to this. 

Roman needs to sack whomever was behind this and get in smarter individuals.  

1 hour ago, ENygma said:

So if we were to buy a player, we'd have to send them out on loan and they can't register with us until the ban is uplifted?

Not sure how I feel about this, but its not the end of the world. Maybe finally we'll start integrating some youth players into the team because we have no other choice :D

A massive squad overhaul is needed anyway

Well, no.

In order to loan someone out the player has to be registered with the parent club, if we can't register them then we can't loan them. 

Wonderful news. 2 windows without dross like Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Baka, Morata etc coming in.

What it should mea  is more faith and game time for CHO, tammy, Christensen etc.

What it likely means is new deals for David luiz, Willian and Pedro....

22 minutes ago, Remodez said:

Well, no.

In order to loan someone out the player has to be registered with the parent club, if we can't register them then we can't loan them. 

well i saw somewhere above it was being said that we can still buy players, just not be able to register them?

5 hours ago, Sindre said:

Friendly reminder that Sarri hasn't been at one youth-game all season. He doesn't have much interest in the youth and if we think he's the man to bring the youth through i think we are fooling ourselves.

And we certainly don't have any bigger talents than Hudson Odoi at the club and he's already handed in one transfer request under Sarri's leadership. And i think he leaves if Maurizio stays. 
We certainly don't want that at this point.

5 hours ago, enigma said:

The irrational condemnation for Sarri is so odd. 

Pointing out what Sarri has or has not done is irrational condemnation?  Seems to me like if the condemnation is factually accurate, then the person deserves to wear it.

Honestly, if the next window is closed & Sarri is manager let me know if anyone in interested in putting any money down that this means contract extensions for older players who have been disappointing more than it means youth players will now get a chance?

I feel Sarri has made his view pretty clear that the age of a player is more important to him than the performances they put it.

I think this might have to be a game changer in terms of the board needing to give Sarri some more rigid guidelines rather than the free stubborn hand he has had so far.

Expecting a big summer in terms of outgoings and signings.

It really make or break for Chelsea. We're at a crossroads now as it looks like another season without CL football.

We have to go big this summer.

6 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Statement from the FA, who were also fined: 

"The FA notes the decision of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee published today. The FA has cooperated fully with FIFA’s investigations, although we have raised some concerns with FIFA regarding its disciplinary processes.

The FA intends to appeal the decision. We will however continue to work with FIFA and Chelsea in a constructive manner to address the issues which are raised by this case."

So looks like the FA don't possibly agree with FIFA interpretation of the rules maybe?

That's how it looks to me as well. I am assuming we followed the FA rules, but FIFA are saying the FA rules are incorrect. I don't know but it is a mess whatever the issue is.

2 hours ago, Remodez said:

Well, no.

I was trying to remember what Barcelona did with the turan? I think he stated at the club training but didn't go on loan? 

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

I was trying to remember what Barcelona did with the turan? I think he stated at the club training but didn't go on loan? 

I'm pretty sure Turan did with Barca what Costa did with Atletico - just trained for ~6 months until the ban was lifted.

Realistically if we're allowed to operate in the summer transfer market how many players do you think we will be able to sign considering financial fair play? I can imagine clubs charging way over the transfer market value to us, likewise "i hope!" We only sell at a premium. 

I really think its financially massive and imperative we qualify for the champions league.

I absolutely see our over 30s players being offered new long contracts, I'm hoping a lot of them want to jump ship and get out.

Edited by tmarmsi

being banned for 2 transfer windows could have big implications for the hunt for a new manager if we do ditch Sarri - maybe that's why Steve Holland is being rumoured today as a replacement. if there's any truth in that it could be that the club reckons he'll be happy to work with the resources we've got   

37 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

being banned for 2 transfer windows could have big implications for the hunt for a new manager if we do ditch Sarri - maybe that's why Steve Holland is being rumoured today as a replacement. if there's any truth in that it could be that the club reckons he'll be happy to work with the resources we've got   

Got a feeling the CHO situation has scared the club into factoring youth development history for the managers role.