Sign in to follow this  
Gol15

Luka Jović (not a real rumor but a suggestion)

4 hours ago, ducavis said:

Is he going to start ahead of Zidane’s favourite player Benzema though?

Jovic is ten years younger , he'll have enough time to prove himself, he's signed until 2025. 

Looks a great piece of business by Madrid.

Sucks that we couldn't go for him. 60m and if he performs/grows to the WC level will be nothing short of a steal. Imagine having to go from Frankfurt to getting Modric, Hazard et al feeding you chances

So Madrid have bought Militao, Rodrygo & Jovic already this summer and are apparently closing on Mendy from Lyon. Add to that EH and they’re really not holding back are they

4 hours ago, rtwelch said:

So Madrid have bought Militao, Rodrygo & Jovic already this summer and are apparently closing on Mendy from Lyon. Add to that EH and they’re really not holding back are they

That's what it means to properly back a manager. Will it work? It may not. Should everyone do it like that? Not necessarily. But at least the club show that they have all the intention to be champions, then it's up to the managers and players.

--- 

Btw, since I'm not an ardent watcher of Frankfurt games, since we lost out on Jovic. How is Haller btw? Good enough for us?

11 hours ago, rtwelch said:

Their team was old and aging and Zidane knew the whole team needed a fresh overhaul after they last won their UCL which is probably why left. SImilar to Fergie in that sense knowng when he needed to leave. 

And now they are pretty much going ham in replacing their current team. Signing great prospects (like Jovic, Mendy etc) and also sprinkling in some Galactico's (Hazard, maybe Mbappe?) 

13 hours ago, Deino said:

That's what it means to properly back a manager. Will it work? It may not. Should everyone do it like that? Not necessarily. But at least the club show that they have all the intention to be champions, then it's up to the managers and players.

--- 

Btw, since I'm not an ardent watcher of Frankfurt games, since we lost out on Jovic. How is Haller btw? Good enough for us?

They have an advantage of being the club most footballers dream of playing for at some point of their careers. Have to admit, Madrid do their transfers well and normally get good value for their money, but I'm sure players' desire to only leave for Real makes things easier for them and tough for the selling club. And they have lots of money on top of it.

16 hours ago, Gol15 said:

There are rumors that Real Madrid will sign Aubameyang, which in turn would cast out Jovic from the team. 

Time for Marina to book a flight to Spain then. Would be a good alternative to our right side. We need someone who can shoot. Willian just likes to run

54 minutes ago, the special one said:

Never understood the hype about Jovic, he's clever with his finishing but not much else. He isn't much better than Maupay at Brighton.

Well if you google him he looks to be a special player in the making.

21 years old, before moving to Real Madrid he was in the Europa league squad of the season and Bundesliga team of the year. Top scorer for Frankfurt last season, he was leading the attack with 17 goals and 5 assists in Bundesliga. I think he wouldn't have problems being better than Maupay at least...

Why don’t we try our luck by enquiring about a loan with option to buy? Something like £60m or £70m.

Theres no guarantee he’s going to succeed but if he plays like he did in Germany then 60m could be shrewd business. I don’t see Madrid accepting any lower.

Its worth a try at least, while he’s out of favour.

Lets get him on loan with an option to buy from Real. He's perfect competition for Tammy and has the added benefit of being able to play as a 2nd striker 

Story doing the rounds that Real are willing to offer him to us or Spurs for £50m

Don't know what to make of this as I really enjoyed watching him play last season but this season he seems to have lost all confidence in himself, I would actually prefer Martinez or Werner as this would allow us to play either of those 2 alongside Abraham whereas with Jovic it'll have to be Abraham or Jovic. If Real are willing to offer him to us with a similar agreement as the one we had with Kovacic I wouldnt mind this at all, don't want another Morata situation arising.

3 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

Story doing the rounds that Real are willing to offer him to us or Spurs for £50m

Don't know what to make of this as I really enjoyed watching him play last season but this season he seems to have lost all confidence in himself, I would actually prefer Martinez or Werner as this would allow us to play either of those 2 alongside Abraham whereas with Jovic it'll have to be Abraham or Jovic. If Real are willing to offer him to us with a similar agreement as the one we had with Kovacic I wouldnt mind this at all, don't want another Morata situation arising.

I believe Jovic has played just off the striker or even as a number 10 in the past, so we could probably get him and Tammy on the pitch at the same time.

On 23/03/2020 at 12:57, Imran_CFC said:

Jovic made his name playing off Haller at Frankfurt. He would be ideal in a 2.

On 23/03/2020 at 20:57, Imran_CFC said:

He works better as a support/shadow striker. He needs someone upfront who occupies the opposition defence. In our case, he'd be good with Tammy or Giroud upfront but would bench Mount since they occupy the same spaces

On 23/03/2020 at 13:57, Imran_CFC said:

He had 1 good season in Bundesliga and that's it. He can't do anything in La Liga. Overrated.

6 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He had 1 good season in Bundesliga and that's it. He can't do anything in La Liga. Overrated.

He doesn't have the same confidence he had at Frankfurt, Zidane isn't really trust him. I think he is talented striker, maybe Real Madrid was a too big for him yet, he's only 22 years old.

5 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

He doesn't have the same confidence he had at Frankfurt, Zidane isn't really trust him. I think he is talented striker, maybe Real Madrid was a too big for him yet, he's only 22 years old.

I think we dodged a bullet there. Though I do know that Zidane only favours Benzema (nobody else likes him) and that other new players including even Hazard couldn't perform in their first season there...