Luka Jović (not a real rumor but a suggestion)

Gol15

I don't understand why players want to go to Madrid these days, the fans are extremely fickle and they aren't the Galactico's of years gone by.

Look at Hazard, I know injuries haven't helped but he looks a shadow of the terrific player that served us so well. Bale is only there for the money now, his career has nose dived the last few years.

Jovic would be fantastic in a team like ours. I hope he gets over his injury soon and can get back to scoring goals.

Edited by Malcolm9

17 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

I don't understand why players want to go to Madrid these days, the fans are extremely fickle and they aren't the Galactico's of years gone by.

Look at Hazard, I know injuries haven't helped but he looks a shadow of the terrific player that served us so well. Bale is only there for the money now, his career has nose dived the last few years.

Jovic would be fantastic in a team like ours. I hope he gets over his injury soon and can get back to scoring goals.

It's the money and idea of playing for them. As much as we don't like it, Zidane is still a pull and they have won multiple CLs in the current decade.

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/05/2020 at 12:17, Deino said:

It's the money and idea of playing for them. As much as we don't like it, Zidane is still a pull and they have won multiple CLs in the current decade.

Fair point but how many of these players make it there? They have such a huge turnover of players yearly it is a risk. When you consider the number of players they loan out. they could easily have 3 first 11s & there won’t be a huge drop off. They loan players to Bayern, Arsenal, Sevilla, Dortmund traditionally top sides, & then you have top talents like Reinier & Rodrigo stuck in Castilla. It is a huge gamble.

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/05/2020 at 16:09, ducavis said:

Fair point but how many of these players make it there? They have such a huge turnover of players yearly it is a risk. When you consider the number of players they loan out. they could easily have 3 first 11s & there won’t be a huge drop off. They loan players to Bayern, Arsenal, Sevilla, Dortmund traditionally top sides, & then you have top talents like Reinier & Rodrigo stuck in Castilla. It is a huge gamble.

That's just the business, fact of the matter is only 22 players gets to play on the pitch at the end of the day. There are no guarantees even if Jovic signs for us.

Look at Chalobah, Van Ginkel etc. just because we sign them doesn't guarantee they'll succeed too. The clubs provide an opportunity and the players that seize it make it. As much as we hate Real for stockpiling talent, any of us would have done the same if we had the money and clout of Real

Edited by Deino

As far as I'm concerned this thread can be closed, Jovic is really just an overrated one season wonder and he's not even a real professional he broke a bone and himself while in quarantine nobody does that...

• 6 months later...

• 6 months later...
7 hours ago, Argo said:

Because he's sh*t. 

True but before Real Madrid I thought he would be a good solution for us, he made me look bad but that's nothing in comparison to how he made D.Luiz look: