coco

Chelsea v Man City (PL) Sat 8th Dec 17:30 UK

So so happy with the team, I said before the match that I would even be happy if we lost and gave City a good game, because they look invincible at the moment and we have been in a rough patch. I just didn't want us to roll over and accept defeat, but to go out there and win like that is unbelievable, it's crazy to think how bad we've been in the past few games then we can come out with a performance like that. 

If the scousers win the league , and I hope to hell they do not, they will forever point to that nutty play by Pickford last week that did it for them.  Please God NO!

Edited by Phillip

Great  win, deserved victory.  Not to be carried away, it is still worth remembering that City played without their 2 stars - Aguero and De Bruyne.

One huge plus for me is that Sarri is a quick learner.   In this match I saw quick ball release, I saw a clear tactic of:  get ball possession, bring it back to our third to shake off any harassment from City players, pass from side to side a few times to draw City in and dilute midfield, deliver accurate pass to flank and support attack with midfielders.

Sarri very quickly realised that we allow them to crowd us when we pass short, and under pressure we either lose ball or make inaccurate pass. 

We needed to disarm City and make them run futile miles chasing the ball in attempt to harass us - and we did it superbly (City were knackered towards the end).

We still lack speed, but with Sarri we move in the right direction.

And lastly, it was great to see RLC getting minutes in this game.  I wish Ampadu and Hudson-Odoi did as well.

2 minutes ago, Phillip said:

If the scousers win the league , and I hope to hell they do not, they will forever point to that nutty play by Pickford last week that did it for them.  Please God NO!

I think you're forgetting that we make a habit of destroying their dreams - especially at Anfield. Just need Sarri to borrow Jose's bus.

9 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I'll just tell you what they told me when I came here in my own words. Sit down and don't mess with senior members, or you'll lose the plot very fast.

Who the fuk told you such BS? Is it a dictatorship up in here or what? WHO gives a f**k how many posts you or I have........its a fan forum with opinions.

2 minutes ago, Phillip said:

Lets hope Jose does a number on them.

2 minutes ago, Stas1 said:

Great  win, deserved victory.  Not to be carried away, it is still worth remembering that City played without their 2 stars - Aguero and De Bruyne.

One huge plus for me is that Sarri is a quick learner.   In this match I saw quick ball release, I saw a clear tactic of:  get ball possession, bring it back to our third to shake off any harassment from City players, pass from side to side a few times to draw City in and dilute midfield, deliver accurate pass to flank and support attack with midfielders.

Sarri very quickly realised that we allow them to crowd us when we pass short, and under pressure we either lose ball or make inaccurate pass. 

We needed to disarm City and make them run futile miles chasing the ball in attempt to harass us - and we did it superbly (City were knackered towards the end).

We still lack speed, but with Sarri we move in the right direction.

And lastly, it was great to see RLC getting minutes in this game.  I wish Ampadu and Hudson-Odoi did as well.

Agreed but City have been wiping most teams of the floor without KDB for most of the season anyway. They have rotated a lot more than us and had a game on the Tuesday whilst we had a game on the Wednesday so less recovery time. We must be the only team this season to keep David Silva that nullified. He was really quiet. 

Just now, atomis said:

Who the fuk told you such BS? Is it a dictatorship up in here or what? WHO gives a f**k how many posts you or I have........its a fan forum with opinions.

Tbf it's a good point, not long before you get called entitled or plastic by the normal few.

2 minutes ago, KeepCalmCarryOn said:

all you got is insults

Denmark!

:coffeespit:

You do nothing but and I do insults? Go sit down somewhere........have a cofee or something.

4 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

Who told you that and where can I find this post? 

At the start I started fighting with someone that is an established member and I was told to not cross the line and show respect. I don't know how to search for posts it's not relevant I said that in order to try to show to that person to calm down and not fight other users but it maybe came across in a different way, sorry if so.

Just now, atomis said:

I didn't mean it like that, I tried to point out to that user to stop mocking because it will not end up good for him.